Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Wish The Colts Had Won That Last Game Now?

Fireman818

I remember when I was rooting for the Colts to loose the last game of the season because I wanted the #1 overall pick so the Colts could trade it and get numerous picks to address several area's of need. Now we have sat through a month and haif of Manning Gate and it is the same thing everyday. The soap opera continues everyday. Now I know how the Packers must have felt when Favre was replaced but at least they had a prepared Rodgers ready to take the reigns.

If I only knew what I knew now I might have rooted for them to win that last game so we wouldn't have the #1 overall pick and all this talk of replacing Manning would be different I think. What would we be thinking then? Wouldn't it be nice to be #2 overall and have a healthy Manning coming back into the fold? Would we be talking about drafting RG3? How things could have been different if we just had won that last game.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, i want us to win EVERY game...but If we won the last game, and used the #2 to draft RGIII, then i'm GLAD that we lost the last game...i would MUCH rather have Luck than RGIII, no doubt about it. I still dont think its certain the Peyton is gone anyhow...laugh all you want, but i still think we are the odds on favorite to keep him if he's healthy enough to play, which it sure sounds like he will be. He may not play 4 or 5 more years, he may just want to play a couple more so he can go out on HIS terms, and if thats the case, he could easily do a new contract with us that is a year to year deal for a couple more seasons, and then Luck can take over. It may not be popular with everyone, but its what I hope happens.

Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything happens for a reason.

BTW I had the feeling the Colts were going to beat Houston at home. Titans caught me off guard though. Houston? With Wade out/Andre out I felt it was a trap game for them on a short week. They have never won in Indy either.

With the Jags they always give us trouble with MJD. He owns our souls.

This is not going to end well.

Just my opinion but just releasing Manning will cause the most uproar. If you think this fan base won't want Irsay's head, then your crazy. They already booed him at the NFL experience Super Bowl week. Thats with Manning still on the roster. Fans will riot, season ticket sells will decline if announced prior to March 3rd, lol. If they just release Manning they will have to have security at the Colts complex. People will be driving by throwing there Manning Jersey's on the front door. Not good.

, thats why I wish we had won that last game now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion but just releasing Manning will cause the most uproar. If you think this fan base won't want Irsay's head, then your crazy. They already booed him at the NFL experience Super Bowl week. Thats with Manning still on the roster. Fans will riot, season ticket sells will decline if announced prior to March 3rd, lol. If they just release Manning they will have to have security at the Colts complex. People will be driving by throwing there Manning Jersey's on the front door. Not good.

Please try and be a bit more dramatic......

Why wish for something that gives your team less options? All this media and forum frenzy is pretty much irrelevant once the guys suit up......and Manning will either stay or go, and has nothing to do with where we pick....

I know, thats what I'm saying. I was rooting for that #1 pick to have options and now if has turned into a soap opera. Maybe the #2 was what I should have been rooting for, lol. Be careful what you wish for, right????

Please try and be a bit more dramatic......

Just wait and see, not trying to be dramatic! I speak the truth! Heck after 16 years I have considered not renewing my season tickets just tired of the lack of loyality and lies. The throwing of the perfect season was the first straw. Mr Irsay has said if Manning is healthy he pays him, does he go back on his word. It will be ugly, if you think it won't then your living in never, never land!

Even if we didn't have the first overall pick and had the 2nd overall instead, you would still hear all this talk. Just replace Luck's name with RG3

Great thing about the #1 pick. You can choose whomever you think is the best player. The Colts get to watch lots of film, do lots of interviews , and watch the Combine before settling on the pick. Will they choose wisely? I hope so or this grand experiment by Irsay could turn us into the Hoosier version of the Browns.

Hey. We are not Philly fans. Sheesh.

Great thing about the #1 pick. You can choose whomever you think is the best player. The Colts get to watch lots of film, do lots of interviews , and watch the Combine before settling on the pick. Will they choose wisely? I hope so or this grand experiment by Irsay could turn us into the Hoosier version of the Browns.

I was thinking Lions with a side of Cinn. Chili, lol

If Irsay dresses up like Santa and comes on the field, we just might become the Philly Fans! LOL

It's a more forgiving market then Philly or NY. If you ended up tanking the perfect season in front of fans in Philly then Bill Polian might not be alive right now to do his injury "analysis" on the radio.

On that note thank God that man is gone. I felt suprisingly cleansed when the Polian empire was finally fired.

I remember when I was rooting for the Colts to loose the last game of the season because I wanted the #1 overall pick so the Colts could trade it and get numerous picks to address several area's of need. Now we have sat through a month and haif of Manning Gate and it is the same thing everyday. The soap opera continues everyday. Now I know how the Packers must have felt when Favre was replaced but at least they had a prepared Rodgers ready to take the reigns.

If I only knew what I knew now I might have rooted for them to win that last game so we wouldn't have the #1 overall pick and all this talk of replacing Manning would be different I think. What would we be thinking then? Wouldn't it be nice to be #2 overall and have a healthy Manning coming back into the fold? Would we be talking about drafting RG3? How things could have been different if we just had won that last game.

I wanted them to win in it, just like I never wanted them to end up with the number 1 pick. I knew all this drama and speculation was going to happen...

I wanted them to win in it, just like I never wanted them to end up with the number 1 pick. I knew all this drama and speculation was going to happen...

All this drama will be irrelevant in the end, just as it is now really. Manning either stays or goes. We draft the best player available, wherever we are in the draw. It's just off-season fodder. And if long standing season ticket holders fold, then that is their prerogative. But not wanting the number one pick to avoid all this media speculation and internal bleeding is just plain silly.

No one will really know what the best course of action should have been, as you can't second guess the alternatives that are declined, so we just need to get on with what the organisation decides to do. All this petty posturing and drama is just 'noise'....

Whatever..............

We got 18 lookin "good" ..... Right Now,.,,,

Or is it ... "right now" ...? ????

Seriously.........??????????????

All this drama will be irrelevant in the end, just as it is now really. Manning either stays or goes. We draft the best player available, wherever we are in the draw. It's just off-season fodder. And if long standing season ticket holders fold, then that is their prerogative. But not wanting the number one pick to avoid all this media speculation and internal bleeding is just plain silly.

No one will really know what the best course of action should have been, as you can't second guess the alternatives that are declined, so we just need to get on with what the organisation decides to do. All this petty posturing and drama is just 'noise'....

This.

Besides whatever happens with Peyton won't be a total shock here to anyone. Or it shouldn't be unless you have been living under a rock. All the scenarios have been discussed to death.

Winning that game wouldn't have caused Peyton's nerve to regenerate any faster.

first off, i want us to win EVERY game...but If we won the last game, and used the #2 to draft RGIII, then i'm GLAD that we lost the last game...i would MUCH rather have Luck than RGIII, no doubt about it. I still dont think its certain the Peyton is gone anyhow...laugh all you want, but i still think we are the odds on favorite to keep him if he's healthy enough to play, which it sure sounds like he will be. He may not play 4 or 5 more years, he may just want to play a couple more so he can go out on HIS terms, and if thats the case, he could easily do a new contract with us that is a year to year deal for a couple more seasons, and then Luck can take over. It may not be popular with everyone, but its what I hope happens.

keyword in your post is " IF ". theres no telling when his nerves will regenerate themselves. if they ever do. and i can only see them keeping him if he agrees to a realease and resign deal to where they can sign him for far more less money.

RG3 would sit behind Peyton if need be. He also won't go as high as #2. They would be looking for a viable backup for Peyton, but not necessarily through the draft. Might get future QB next year.

That's assuming Peyton would be healthy, of course.

Great post thanks

Even if we didn't have the first overall pick and had the 2nd overall instead, you would still hear all this talk. Just replace Luck's name with RG3

True, but people wouldn't be saying "OMG, RG3= best QB evar, he cannot sit on bench, plz to release star QB so can start" and the like.

I agree the talk would still be here, but the volume wouldn't be cranked to 11 as it is now.