Could Colts be interested in Osweiler?

TKnight24

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Dont you think Kapernick would be a better option than Osweiler?

I do.  And for what it's worth, he would come MUCH cheaper than taking on Osweiler's contract, plus at this point, I think it would be POSITIVE PR for the Colts to sign Kap.  It's widely reported he's been black balled, and this would show the Colts as being brave.  Also, Kap is just not good enough to cause a QB controversy when Luck returns, so then Kap can then quietly fade into the background role of pure backup.

I really dislike Osweiler and would HATE the move to get him.  I also have no hesitation in saying I think Kapernick would be a HUGE upgrade over Tolzien.

That being said, I suspect this Osweiler roomer is all just unfounded hearsay.

1 minute ago, Devildog said:

Oh, I definitely agree.  I would rather see what Morris can bring 'til Luck gets back than spend $$$ on either Kap or Osweiler.

I would agree, but they wont play morris with the 1s for some unknown reason, so we wont know for sure.

5 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Oh, I definitely agree.  I would rather see what Morris can bring 'til Luck gets back than spend $$$ on either Kap or Osweiler.

If they have no confidence in Tolzien, then give reps for Morris with the starters. I still felt that if Curtis Painter had been given the #1 team reps more, he'd have done better than using the stop gap Kerry Collins in 2011. Let us not repeat the mistakes of the past. Go with the guy who has been with the team in TC and knows enough of the playbook and has been around the team mates.

I do not give this much credibility at all. It is possible Brock's name may have been floated around but my respect for the front office would go down if this happened. Very much like the knee jerk Kerry Collins move in 2011.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yeah, i was trying not to think about that but was

I'm having flashes of the Kerry Collins fiasco. Oh Andrew is fine, we're just gonna get a starter for no reason...then it'll be he's coming back in October...he'll be back in November...oh jeez, I'm getting heartburn honestly..

Please let this not be true..

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya really and for another bum just like scott tolzien.

That's starter money James, I'm trying not to think the worse, but that kinda freaks me out. They not telling us something??

if they have so little faith in Tolizen that they would bring in Brock now then I would think they should at least give Morris a look with the first string in the pre-season.  At least kick the tires on what you have in a guy who knows the system before you bring in someone else.

This would make no sense whatsoever. First, Osweiler is not worth the money by a long shot. He is a bad QB. Is he better than what the Colts have right now? Probably by a bit but not by much. Second, he isn't so much better that is worth spending the money on for a couple of games (a couple of games we hope anyway!) because Colts probably either win or lose those regardless of who is at QB. It will take a total team effort. Last, We are less than a month away from the regular season and to bring in a guy who has no knowledge of the team or playbook is silly.

This has to be nonsense. Ballard isn't this dumb.

11 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I do.  And for what it's worth, he would come MUCH cheaper than taking on Osweiler's contract, plus at this point, I think it would be POSITIVE PR for the Colts to sign Kap.  It's widely reported he's been black balled, and this would show the Colts as being brave.  Also, Kap is just not good enough to cause a QB controversy when Luck returns, so then Kap can then quietly fade into the background role of pure backup.

I really dislike Osweiler and would HATE the move to get him.  I also have no hesitation in saying I think Kapernick would be a HUGE upgrade over Tolzien.

That being said, I suspect this Osweiler roomer is all just unfounded hearsay.

Becasue of the QB situation with the Ravens, Jags, and luck, there is much speculation.  Colts won't go for Osweiler IMO for a couple reasons-

They need the Browns to eat some salary (they might agree)

They would have to give something up for him.  We have nothing we can afford to give up.

I think he could go to the Jags, slight chance to, maybe, the Ravens, or stays a Brown.