Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign RB Christine Michael

TKnight24

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

In what way does he have a ten cent head?

He seems not to be able to remember and do his responsibiliites....   I think someone noted in this thread,  they has a tendency to forget to pass block...     and free lance when the play calls to be run in a certain hole....

In short,  he hasn't displayed enough maturity to be a professional....    that's why he keeps getting cut by good teams,  often even during the season.     Teams find that they can't trust him when push comes to shove.

I'm hoping the light goes on and things click for him with the Colts and he puts his talent to better use.....

Here is his profile....    take a look at all the moving around...   even during the season,  not just between seasons...

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Christine-Michael/c65e3194-142c-4cb5-9c81-473f8d2effd4

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

If you look at stats Bray was above avg.

I didn't say he was average, I said he was alright.  He's not the best return man in the NFL but that doesn't mean he's bad either.  He's pretty good but he can be upgraded.  It doesn't mean it will happen as I said before but there is nothing wrong with a little competition even if you are pretty good at your job.

What I like about this move assuming Michael makes the team is it leaves us with some decent options to turn to in case Frank Gore gets hurt or maybe father time really creeps up on him somehow.  A trio of Turbin, Michael, and Mack could be decent if we had to go that way.  Michael is a good piece for a committee.  Maybe he's had some issues in the past as a clear cut starter, but he's not a bad piece for a committee.  We actually needed a runner with his size and skillset.  A guy who can run with speed and power, but not necessarily your classic power back.

But what I'm really liking is Ballard is doing everything he can to make sure we can make good use of our running game this year.   A productive and reliable running game does much to reduce the amount of sacks and hits Luck takes. I'm not saying we should be a ground and pound team, but I do feel if we are more successful at running the football we can reduce the amount of times we have to drop back and pass the ball.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

But what I'm really liking is Ballard is doing everything he can to make sure we can make good use of our running game this year.   A productive and reliable running game does much to reduce the amount of sacks and hits Luck takes. I'm not saying we should be a ground and pound team, but I do feel if we are more successful at running the football we can reduce the amount of times we have to drop back and pass the ball.

Yeah I completely agree, but what is also important is that that Chudinski and Pagano stick with it, and not abandon the run game like we did in the home game against Houston last year. Also I think the TE we got from Seattle, Williams, it a very good blocker too. A good run game will keep our defense fresh also.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way,   I think his first name is pronounced:   Kristin and NOT Christeen.

I could be wrong but I think I remember Buck and Aikman pronouncing it Christian.

Either way, he's always hyped as a fantasy sleeper then has never done anything. Don't really expect that to change here but good competition nonetheless.

Just competition for end of game running the clock out carries, IMO. If all he has to do is take the hand off and go get a few valuable yards or even TDs by the goal line, he will do it. But if you are expecting him to chip and turn around for a key catch, or pick up a blitzing LB, he is NOT your guy. 

6 minutes ago, A8bil said:

How many backs will make the final roster?  Who will they be?  With Michael's skill set, this smells like practice squad for Mack potentially.

We can't put Mack on the practice squad or someone will take him. Michael hasn't had that much success. He won't make it over Mack.

2 hours ago, A8bil said:

How many backs will make the final roster?  Who will they be?  With Michael's skill set, this smells like practice squad for Mack potentially.

Depth Chart before signing CM

1. Gore

2. Mack

3. Turbin

4. Fergusson

5. Crossan

Adrian Peterson could take a drink from the fountain of youth and go back to being 22 years old and sign with the Colts and there still would be 0% chance that Mack would go to the practice squad.

P.S.  I can't tell if you were serious or trolling for responses like mine.

If you were serious...try harder.  If you were trolling...good job, you got me

2 hours ago, HOF19 said:

Ballard seem never satisfied with talent level of our roster......Always looking to see if there is a way to improve....I like seeing that.....GO COLTS !!!!!

...and he said that when we first hired him, that he would do the very thing he is doing now.  

On 6/1/2017 at 5:21 PM, Shafty138 said:

I'm conservative as can be, but not sure the implied crack on transgender folks was necessary here......  that said, I really wanted the Colts to pick up Michael a few years ago when SEA had a crowded RB room, so, I'm excited to see if he can get on track here, and provide depth and a possible KR.

:Cry: In a PC world it seems easy to be offended you putting your spin on an innocent post seems IMO to be what is unnecessary . That said , I like any signing that could help my team .

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Depth Chart before signing CM

1. Gore

2. Mack

3. Turbin

4. Fergusson

5. Crossan

Adrian Peterson could take a drink from the fountain of youth and go back to being 22 years old and sign with the Colts and there still would be 0% chance that Mack would go to the practice squad.

P.S.  I can't tell if you were serious or trolling for responses like mine.

If you were serious...try harder.  If you were trolling...good job, you got me

LOL...minor trolling.  It seems only 4 will make the active squad, with Gore and Turbin shoe-ins.  As much as some want to dismiss Michael as displacing someone, he's proven himself able to run in the NFL...unless there is some personal character defect behind these teams giving upon him, he's gotta be higher on the depth chart than Mack or Ferguson, neither of whom have proven themselves yet.  Between Mack and Ferguson, Ferguson is quicker and more elusive than Mack, but at anyone past Gore, the question is how they contribute to special teams.  In that regard, even Crossan is in the mix as he is the fastest of all RBs.

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

:Cry: In a PC world it seems easy to be offended you putting your spin on an innocent post seems IMO to be what is unnecessary . That said , I like any signing that could help my team .

DANIELLE Hunter? :)

19 hours ago, A8bil said:

LOL...minor trolling.  It seems only 4 will make the active squad, with Gore and Turbin shoe-ins.  As much as some want to dismiss Michael as displacing someone, he's proven himself able to run in the NFL...unless there is some personal character defect behind these teams giving upon him, he's gotta be higher on the depth chart than Mack or Ferguson, neither of whom have proven themselves yet.  Between Mack and Ferguson, Ferguson is quicker and more elusive than Mack, but at anyone past Gore, the question is how they contribute to special teams.  In that regard, even Crossan is in the mix as he is the fastest of all RBs.

He won't be higher on the depth chart than Mack until he proves himself in a Colts uniform.

What he's done in the past won't mean much.     What will mean something is what he does as a Colt.

The clock starts for Michael now.       But he's not ahead of Mack yet and it will take some doing to pass him.

I watched him play for Green Bay a decent amount last year and was actually enjoying his performance a couple clutch first down runs very hyped up and excited to be producing. I think it's cool he's getting a fair shot again maybe he can surprise some people. 

On 6/2/2017 at 8:33 PM, A8bil said:

I really think the level of shock and awe around here come the final cuts to 75 is going to be other worldly.

Gore and Turbin are by no means shoe-ins. Pagano has said only about 3 players have solidified their grasp on a starting job, and I'd bet those players are Luck, Hilton and Vinatieri or Vontae. Gore is by no means safe, and neither is Turbin

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I really think the level of shock and awe around here come the final cuts to 75 is going to be other worldly.

Gore and Turbin are by no means shoe-ins. Pagano has said only about 3 players have solidified their grasp on a starting job, and I'd bet those players are Luck, Hilton and Vinatieri or Vontae. Gore is by no means safe, and neither is Turbin

You know...you may be right.  I perhaps assume too much to say they are shoe-ins.  It would be a big shock if either or both or them are gone.  If so, I would hope it was early so that they'ld have a chance to catch on elsewhere.

I like the move, mostly for competition, which is always important to a young team. If Michael makes the final 53, it'll probably mean that Indy is keeping 4.

Mack is safe, if only because he's a recent draftee (contract status + potential)... He would have to really stink it up to have his roster spot taken by a vet on a 1 year contract before ever taking a regular season snap. He gets the spot even if Michael outperforms him in camp and preseason, imo... even if Mack shows early weakness in pass pro.

I don't think C. Michael is taking Turbin's job because Ballard just re-signed him to a multi-year deal to stay here and do what he did at an elite level last season. Nobody in football was better than Turbin at punching in TDs from short yardage last year. Ballard was talking about expanding Turbin's role earlier in the off-season. Barring injury, his roster spot is a lock. 

Gore is a likelier candidate for being cut than Mack or Turbin, in my view. That being said, there is still next to zero chance it happens, barring some unforseen circumstance. Gore is the presumed day 1 starter. I expect to see him get the most carries... to start the season, at least. There isn't any real financial incentive to letting him go, so his roster spot is safe this year... assuming he can still play.

Michael can still make the 53 if the staff feels like they need insurance in case Gore gets hurt or falls off a cliff due to age. In that case, it'll be a battle between him, Ferguson, and Crossan. He has a leg up over the other two in experience and (obviously) production. He fits better as a plug and play back in case of injury to Gore, where the other two are in the change of pace mold.

I don't really think Indy will decide to keep 4 backs just because one can play ST. It would be hard to take that spot away from a more talented player at another position (Morris, C. Rodgers or Parry, for example) Even if one of the younger backs has return juice, I don't think it will win them a roster spot. Pass protection is going to be a bigger factor in the decision if they are looking for insurance for Gore. 

The most likely outcome, in my early estimation, is that Crossan ends up on the PS and Michael ends up on another team. Not that I know anything, of course.

It's somewhat common for Chud to keep 4 backs.  They had 4 in San Diego when he was there,  we had 4 last year as well.  I can totally see us keeping 4 this year as well.  Michael adds more veteran experience and speed to the roster just in case Gore goes down. Michael, Turbin, and Mack together I think isn't a bad trio to roll with if we ever lost Gore. Especially if Mack plays like I think he will.

On 6/6/2017 at 1:07 AM, SilentHill said:

You will have to rip Frank from Chuck's cold dead hands.