Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tamper Away

GusBus24

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't get why people think that is or number 1 priority. They are easier to come by then a top pass rusher, linebacker, or top corner!

nah, 3-4 nose tackle is one of the hardest positions to fill in the nfl

especially if you want more than a jag

i dont think it should be a huge priority for us right now though.  i would rather spend resources on an ilb or corner too

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't get why people think that is or number 1 priority. They are easier to come by then a top pass rusher, linebacker, or top corner!

I don`t understand why you think it is anyone`s #1 priority.
 But we have STUNK there for so long (Goose) that i can see why any knowledgeable fan

would really like to see the middle of our run stopping Pathetic D finally FIXED! lol

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

nah, 3-4 nose tackle is one of the hardest positions to fill in the nfl

especially if you want more than a jag

i dont think it should be a huge priority for us right now though.  i would rather spend resources on an ilb or corner too

I'd love an ILB also. I'd usually agree on CB, but not with this draft.

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

It's a numbers game too don't forget.  You can add a FA NT at a decent price  while drafting  CB and OLB and only paying rookie salaries for them.   FA's at OLB and CB are going to cost upwards of 12-17 a year for good ones.

That's why building in the draft and upgrading through the draft is always better than signing high dollar FA's

Then once you have the core you can add and upgrade each year in the draft as players hit contract years.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

I agree and yes he would be a good fit, but not much to go off of

I know but he has been talked about a lot by the Colts and considering our new GM came from KC I would say we have a good shot

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

this has what to do with tampering?

nothing, it was off topic

i would be looking at inside line backers today.  we can not roll with what we have now next season, and we might miss the good ones in the draft

13 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

That doesn't mean there is interest from either side though. 

Exactly while I have no problem with brining in Poe all this is is a writer saying the Colts would be a good fit for him, probably based on Ballard being GM and the Colts need of help on defense.  There is nothing there to say the Colts want Poe or Poe wants to come to Indy.

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

A true NT is extremely hard to find. The reason Dontari Poe went so high was because everyone knew that you'd probably never find a NT with those measurables and skill set for awhile. Finding a 10 sack guy isn't entirely difficult but JJ Watts and Justin Houston's are rare. And there really aren't anymore true shutdown CBs around anymore either. LBs are easy or hard depending on what you're looking for.

39 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I'm looking at Nick Perry and Zach Brown. Hoping we can snag both and grab Haason Reddick in the first and the Jordan Willis in the third. Creates a young, talented linebacking core for the foreseeable future!

With the measurables & college productivity that Jordan Willis showcased I don't see him making it out of the 2nd Rd.