Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tamper Away

GusBus24

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I don`t understand why you think it is anyone`s #1 priority.
 But we have STUNK there for so long (Goose) that i can see why any knowledgeable fan

would really like to see the middle of our run stopping Pathetic D finally FIXED! lol

This^ 

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

nah, 3-4 nose tackle is one of the hardest positions to fill in the nfl

especially if you want more than a jag

i dont think it should be a huge priority for us right now though.  i would rather spend resources on an ilb or corner too

Yes. But I'm saying we can make do with an average NT. Or a rotation of guys. We can't keep playing below average linebackers. We need thumpers and some backers that can cover! 

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I don`t understand why you think it is anyone`s #1 priority.
 But we have STUNK there for so long (Goose) that i can see why any knowledgeable fan

would really like to see the middle of our run stopping Pathetic D finally FIXED! lol

I think we showed promise last year. Ridgeway has potential. I would love to have Poe or Williams. But I don't think it should be over Hightower. But just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Rick_Grimes said:

The dude is a monster. Anderson, Poe and Langford could be awesome together. Add some pass rush, another CB and Jabrill Peppers.

He was a monster, now the monster might got a back problem and is falling off.. If we gonna spend big let's at least do it right. No reason to pay for a big name who won't make big plays.

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

How does the link fit in with your comment?

Sorry. Here is the rotoworld information I meant to provide:gent

Dontari Poe DT Free Agent

Free agent NT Dontari Poe is reportedly seeking $10 million per year.

Chiefs beat writers expect Poe to leave K.C. Perhaps most interesting, Giants beat writer Jordan Raanan was told by an NFL defensive line coach that fellow free agent DT Johnathan Hankins had better tape than Poe in 2016. It's not entirely surprising. The Chiefs' run defense struggled mightily with Poe as its anchor, and Hankins has always offered a superior pass-rush threat.

Here the KC writer seems to indicate Poe will be overpaid:

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Sorry. Here is the rotoworld information I meant to provide:gent

Dontari Poe DT Free Agent

Free agent NT Dontari Poe is reportedly seeking $10 million per year.

Chiefs beat writers expect Poe to leave K.C. Perhaps most interesting, Giants beat writer Jordan Raanan was told by an NFL defensive line coach that fellow free agent DT Johnathan Hankins had better tape than Poe in 2016. It's not entirely surprising. The Chiefs' run defense struggled mightily with Poe as its anchor, and Hankins has always offered a superior pass-rush threat.

Here the KC writer seems to indicate Poe will be overpaid:

:)  Thanks.

Poe did have a down year last year.  That is why I don't think he will be a fast signing for any team he is more in that 1B or 2nd tier catagory in my mind, but I could be wrong.  I would not be upset though if the Colts signed him, especially if they can limit him to about 30-35 snaps a game.