Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's your 2017 draft crush?

You don't need to think he's the best player in the draft or even the best player at his position. You don't need to want him for the Colts(maybe he doesn't fit our schemes). He might just be a fun guy to watch but be projected in the late rounds. And yes, I will insist on a single player per person :D

My personal draft crush this year is Garett Bolles from Utah. To the point where I'm not even going to be mad if we drafted him in the first round. I love the guy. I love his story, I love his tape and he's expected to blow up the combine as well. I love how aggressive he is in the running game, I love his ability to recognize and execute blocks, I love the way he pulls at the second level. I love the way he finishes plays (there are multiple cases of him driving linebackers 20-30 yards downfield or pancaking them at the line of scrimmage. He needs to add a bit of strength, but damn is he fun player to watch.

His story is a bit weird and he has a troubled past, but of the kind that make you root for the guy to succeed.

After this he transferred to Utah from his juco this past year and usurped the LT spot from day one and just destroyed opponents on his way to First Team All-Pac12 recognition. He's now married and has a baby boy and is preparing for the NFL draft. 

So there it is. Who is your draft crush in this year's draft? Do you want him on the Colts and at what point of the draft would you be happy to get him? What is the thing that made you a fan of said prospect?

P.S. Yes, I decided for the draft season to change my avatar picture to Garett Bolles ...

11 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Garett Bolles is a very interesting player. I also like Forrest Lamp of the O-line class. But overall I gotta go with Alvin Kamara. He had some runs last season that were absolutely ridiculous. Check out his tape against Vanderbilt.

The thing with this Vanderbilt tape is... I couldn't figure out if he was good and powerful or the Vanderbilt players make the softest and poorest tackles I've seen recently? But overall I can see why you like him. He's a fun player to watch and he has a lot of WOW explosive plays.

For me it's easily Solomon Thomas. Dude is a freak athlete and plays very aggressively on the field. Would love seeing him as a Colts to instill a new demeanor for this defense.

After him, I'd say ILB Haason Reddick. I think he's very versatile, and would make for a great ILB in the 3-4 defense.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

The thing with this Vanderbilt tape is... I couldn't figure out if he was good and powerful or the Vanderbilt players make the softest and poorest tackles I've seen recently? But overall I can see why you like him. He's a fun player to watch and he has a lot of WOW explosive plays.

A little from column A a little from column B. He has great balance and change of direction abilities, but the Vanderbilt defense did play poorly. And he made them look silly.  A&M was another game that highlighted some of his skills.

7 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Garett Bolles is a very interesting player. I also like Forrest Lamp of the O-line class. But overall I gotta go with Alvin Kamara. He had some runs last season that were absolutely ridiculous. Check out his tape against Vanderbilt.

I've cooled down on Kamara knowing we'd  have to get him in the second round, but he was definitely my first draft crush for this year. 

If by some miracle, Malik Hooker or Rueben Foster make it to our pick or close enough that we can trade up to get em, I will be the happiest Colts fan on the planet. 

Give us one of them and I would not be opposed to thinking that our defense can return to average next year. They are THAT good. A Pro-Bowl potential free safety or ILB would completely change our defense. 

Caleb Brantley.  He can throw people around like rag dolls.  He might not be a good candidated for a 3-4 NT or DE, but the kid can play football.  He's a very obvious 1st rounder to me and watching the kid play was quite a bit of fun.  I need to watch more games to confirm what I think of him, full disclaimer.  I'm considering doing a write up on him.

I like Hassan Reddick from Temple. I would love for him to fall in the second or maybe move up a bit and get him in the second. Just makes plays all over the field. Can get after qb...tfl....thumps if we were able to get a pass rusher in the first and put this kid at ilb and have the ability to blitz him...love his passion and toughness.

Mixon is a home-run waiting to happen on almost any given play... I know he's done some stupid things though, potentially unforgivable.. but damn is he a good football player.

If he keeps a clean record, he's going to be a steal in this draft for whoever picks him. Someone will pick him.

I know we won't get him and I don't think we need a safety but I have to say jabrill peppers he's amazing I actually grew up in the town next to his and we are Eskimo brothers. I saw him beat one of my oldest friends in the hs championship 2 years in a row. Jabrill peppers is a legend where I'm from and mike Adams is actually from my hometown too so maybe adams and peppers would reminesce about growing up in nj? Idk but peppers is my draft crush for sure. 

Great thread.  I love reading about some of the guys who may not be first round picks, and who we have a shot at.

I'm sure most of you know I'm a Buckeye so this is a bit biased.  I certainly wouldn't mind it if the Colts 2nd pick in the draft was --- Raekwon McMilan.

Budda Baker. Every year there's that smaller safety who has tremendous ball skills and is also a force in the run game. A few years back it was Jimmie Ward. Then there was Karl Joseph last year.

I think Baker is that. Guy is absolutely amazing. Reminds me a lot of Karl Joseph. He plays the run and pass