Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV: "Pay attention tonight, Colts Fans"

Boiler_Colt

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the AV thing could qualify.

however, with the GM hiring, this forum's "fascination" with pagano speculation, etc right now, its not a big deal in OUR minds.

i guess it is pretty cool tho so i could see why JMV would think we all would be "intrrested".  But not a big thing relative to other happenings/hopes at the moment.

one thing IS for sure, i'm tired of wondering and waiting.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

He just tweeted basically implying it's still coming, who knows.

Wow, this is more exciting than the ballard thing. haha

such clowk and dagger from JMV.

if it was big news, i'd expect those "other" sites to be jabbering.  Its been really quiet since the Ballard hire.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Wow, this is more exciting than the ballard thing. haha

such clowk and dagger from JMV.

if it was big news, i'd expect those "other" sites to be jabbering.  Its been really quiet since the Ballard hire.

At this point, I think the most exciting thing it could be is a retirement. 

I doubt, like you said, anything huge is being announced this late at night. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

When did he do that? I don't see it

I used "basically implying" loosely.

Somebody tweeted him something harsh, and he backed himself up with "So that's what 'be paying attention later tonight' gets me?"

I take that to mean he's still saying the announcement is coming.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I used "basically implying" loosely.

Somebody tweeted him something harsh, and he backed himself up with "So that's what 'be paying attention later tonight' gets me?"

I take that to mean he's still saying the announcement is coming.

He should know we are emotionally delicate right now.

haha

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My guess is going to be pretty bold. We are trading Andrew Luck to the Browns for 4 first round picks. Both of their 1st's this year, and their 1st in 2018 and 2019.

He said it would make sense later. That would never make sense! 

3 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

Cutting Castonzo makes zero sense; his level of play relative to his salary does not suggest at all that he should be cut...serviceable LTs do not just grow on trees and the Colts would have a gaping whole by cutting him. Now, the Colts could draft a LT with their 1st round pic, and move Castonzo to RT. 

I was saying those are the two players that I would be really surprised if cut, but are two of the only other players that would be a "surprise" that we could possibly cut. Castonzo is due a roster bonus if he is still on the roster. His cap hit is about 12,800,000. I don't think it will happen. More likely for him to be shuffled to RT. Although that would be a lot of money for a RT. 

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Getting cut, even though it makes no sense financially. The coaches love affair with Doyle could've gotten to Ballard, I don't know.

I could see it being D'Qwell getting released if not Allen.

I feel like they could at least get a draft pick for Allen, even if it's a 4th or 5th rounder. The way his contract is set up, the next 2 years are the cheapest of the deal. That'd be a pretty bold move from Ballard in his 1st week on the job though, so I kind of doubt that's what it is.

I could see it being about Jackson, or Jones though.

5 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

What did you hear on Bob and Tom?

My guess is probably Training Camp. It's going to move.

Sorry to post this initial thread and then run, had to go to a basketball game for my kids.

I may be reading too much into this but this week there was a comedian on Bob and Tom and the Chick McGee podcast.  He was a State Cop who said he retired after 21 years and 100 days.  I thought that was an odd time to retire and looked and the police retirement is 25 years to get you pension and insurance.  So I assume he must have something really good to leave a job at this time and give up a pension and insurance.  He then says he and one of his business partners are starting something new together.  I know he and Patty Mac work together on the comedy gig, Pat has pictures of the two together on twitter.  He specifically said that he cannot mention where he is going to work because the other person involved (maybe Mack??) has to make an announcement first.  Maybe something he knows after the surgery that we don't?  Again just a big conspiracy theory on my part.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I feel like they could at least get a draft pick for Allen, even if it's a 4th or 5th rounder. The way his contract is set up, the next 2 years are the cheapest of the deal. That'd be a pretty bold move from Ballard in his 1st week on the job though, so I kind of doubt that's what it is.

I could see it being about Jackson, or Jones though.

It can't be a trade. That would be against league rules.

2 minutes ago, midwest said:

Sorry to post this initial thread and then run, had to go to a basketball game for my kids.

I may be reading too much into this but this week there was a comedian on Bob and Tom and the Chick McGee podcast.  He was a State Cop who said he retired after 21 years and 100 days.  I thought that was an odd time to retire and looked and the police retirement is 25 years to get you pension and insurance.  So I assume he must have something really good to leave a job at this time and give up a pension and insurance.  He then says he and one of his business partners are starting something new together.  I know he and Patty Mac work together on the comedy gig, Pat has pictures of the two together on twitter.  He specifically said that he cannot mention where he is going to work because the other person involved (maybe Mack??) has to make an announcement first.  Maybe something he knows after the surgery that we don't?  Again just a big conspiracy theory on my part.

Well I sure hope that's not what it is, that would just suck.

33 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

At this point, I think the most exciting thing it could be is a retirement. 

I doubt, like you said, anything huge is being announced this late at night. 

You never know. It wasn't announced til around 11pm last year that Pagano and Grigson were coming back. Late Colts news has broken before.