Gruden's First Moves (merge)

VocableLoki

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

This thread is hilarious. Gruden isn't going back to coaching and your owner is dedicated to the two problem makers who are running his franchise in the ground. I'm sorry, you're stuck with Grigson and Pagano for another year, or "Grigano" as that hilarious rant accurate video called them. 

This is like 'what if" fan fiction right now....

How is Sean payton doing??  "Grigano" has never had a 7-9 season,  much less 2 in a row

15 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

This thread is hilarious. Gruden isn't going back to coaching and your owner is dedicated to the two problem makers who are running his franchise in the ground. I'm sorry, you're stuck with Grigson and Pagano for another year, or "Grigano" as that hilarious rant accurate video called them. 

you can't know what you don't know and state what you don't know like they are facts.  So re-state using words like "probably" or "IMO" or "in all likelihood" unless you're a guitar-hero of Jim Irsay and have been in his Gulfstream lately.  Every man has his price.  :cash:

15 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

This thread is hilarious. Gruden isn't going back to coaching and your owner is dedicated to the two problem makers who are running his franchise in the ground. I'm sorry, you're stuck with Grigson and Pagano for another year, or "Grigano" as that hilarious rant accurate video called them. 

I dont think you are. Every post you make on this forum is bashing the colts some how.

6 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

you can't know what you don't know and state what you don't know like they are facts.  So re-state using words like "probably" or "IMO" or "in all likelihood" unless you're a guitar-hero of Jim Irsay and have been in his Gulfstream lately.  Every man has his price.  :cash:

He is a nonsense poster.  Pay no attention.  If I had a dollar for every time he was wrong,  I could afford to hire Gruden myself

I have to admit I saw this thread and did a double take to check the news to see if a Gruden thing happened "for real" and well it HASN'T and I see no real information on it to begin with that is from a true reliable source.

I agree we have speculation and rumors going on but as of right now Gruden is NOT HERE. Why are you all doing this at times? If/When we do get some new coach and if it happens can't we wait until then to speculate on team changes.......

But, right NOW until further notice we don't have Gruden and this thread title makes it sound like we do in a way and it does look like fantasy land from love sick Gruden fan boys when you open it.

:hissy:

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

What are you talking about. If u have anything football related, discuss that. Leave your inside jokes inside. 

Easy there R305. BraveHeartColt is a well respected poster on here who excels at sarcasm & I, for one, appreciate that. The forum is a place to discuss the state of the Colts, drop some humor, & just have a good time with regulars. 

You haven't posted that much. Otherwise, you'd know that. Relax, no need to ruffle any feathers here. Welcome aboard BTW. 

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I have to admit I saw this thread and did a double take to check the news to see if a Gruden thing happened "for real" and well it HASN'T and I see no real information on it to begin with that is from a true reliable source.

I agree we have speculation and rumors going on but as of right now Gruden is NOT HERE. Why are you all doing this at times? If/When we do get some new coach and if it happens can't we wait until then to speculate on team changes.......

But, right NOW until further notice we don't have Gruden and this thread title makes it sound like we do in a way and it does look like fantasy land from love sick Gruden fan boys when you open it.

:hissy:

Is anyone bothering to read the first post before denouncing this thread? It's meant to be fun and speculative. I am far from a Gruden fan boy; just legitimately curious what people think his vision of the Colts would be given the overwhelming number of people who want him here. If you don't like it, move on.

If these rumors are true about JG, who is going to be the staff???? Major Question Mark

It would be a true west coast offense ( which would favor Luck immensely ) and usually a 4-3, although I would want to stay a 3-4

The only linked current coaches he has is Bradley, DC(most likely signing with chargers), Morris, DC(already in a high job in Atl), Marinelli, DC(detroit), Marc trestman, OC(Maybe as he is available), Jay Gruden, HC Skins, Callahan, too old and out of touch

Rex Ryan is available for DC and I would take this in a hot minute, however 2 personalities like these 2, not sure they could coincide.

I just don't get where the staff will come from here. Gruden's been out of the league for so long he's lost touch with contacts... Ha!!

I swear, why don't we just get Kyle Shannahan.... Let McDaniels go to niners... Kyle is young and offensively way ahead of his time.

The only thing I would like about Gruden is his personality. Firey and accountable

19 minutes ago, Indeee said:

If these rumors are true about JG, who is going to be the staff???? Major Question Mark

It would be a true west coast offense ( which would favor Luck immensely ) and usually a 4-3, although I would want to stay a 3-4

The only linked current coaches he has is Bradley, DC(most likely signing with chargers), Morris, DC(already in a high job in Atl), Marinelli, DC(detroit), Marc trestman, OC(Maybe as he is available), Jay Gruden, HC Skins, Callahan, too old and out of touch

Rex Ryan is available for DC and I would take this in a hot minute, however 2 personalities like these 2, not sure they could coincide.

I just don't get where the staff will come from here. Gruden's been out of the league for so long he's lost touch with contacts... Ha!!

I swear, why don't we just get Kyle Shannahan.... Let McDaniels go to niners... Kyle is young and offensively way ahead of his time.

The only thing I would like about Gruden is his personality. Firey and accountable

We have a very qualified wco mind on the staff already.  Joe Philbin

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

We have a very qualified wco mind on the staff already.  Joe Philbin

Im not buying Philbin... Very uninspiring, horrible HC as phins, looked lost a lot and from what I hear was. Dolphins offense horrid under philbins watch. No Thanks I will pass

Just now, Indeee said:

Im not buying Philbin... Very uninspiring, horrible HC as phins, looked lost a lot and from what I hear was. Dolphins offense horrid under philbins watch. No Thanks I will pass

He was the oc in green bay before that and had a lot of success.   Being a bad hc doesn't equal bad coordinator

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Because bogie is a troll

He's still jealous that Brees will always be remembered as second fiddle to Manning and Brady. Plus the Saints suck now.

I honestly don't know if there are any truths to the rumors about Gruden but I don't see how he could be worse than Chuck has been at times.

People tend to look at the capabilities, knowledge and talent of the individual candidate from past performance. The problem is, that is insufficient. Looking at the results from the coaching group's performance, it is uncertain how the individual contributed to the group. The bottom line, someone has to use an educated guess as to how well a coach will perform, given other coaches and coordinators. Of course, the same holds for individual players in relation to the team. This is why coaches get paid the "big bucks". Every once in a while, they're actually worth it. Sometimes, not so much. See: Proof by construction.

It's non-sense to say Joe Philbin doesn't know how to coordinate an offense.  I haven't seen much of anybody do a heck of a whole lot with Ryan Tannehill.  Also did you see the kind of WRs Philbin was given in Miami. Basically a receive corps of Griff Walen type guys.  No play makers on top of having a bad line.  Philbin is a good offensive mind.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

It's non-sense to say Joe Philbin doesn't know how to coordinate an offense.  I haven't seen much of anybody do a heck of a whole lot with Ryan Tannehill.  Also did you see the kind of WRs Philbin was given in Miami. Basically a receive corps of Griff Walen type guys.  No play makers on top of having a bad line.  Philbin is a good offensive mind.

Yes, I have given everybody's opinion of philbin better projected as mine. I will give benefit of doubt if it comes to pass

If Gruden is brought in I'm concerned about what defense we will run.   Of course you can't get much worse than the 27th to 30th rankings we've been consistently getting anyway though.   I'm scared he'll go with the Tampa 2, but I do believe they ran a 3-4 defense in Oakland so I'm not sure.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If Gruden is brought in I'm concerned about what defense we will run.   Of course you can't get much worse than the 27th to 30th rankings we've been consistently getting anyway though.   I'm scared he'll go with the Tampa 2, but I do believe they ran a 3-4 defense in Oakland so I'm not sure.

4-3 in oakland

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He only ran the Tampa 2 because he kept Kiffin around who knew how to run it. 

Kiffin coached for Tampa or Oakland? I heard that Tampa 2 was implemented on both teams so how is that possible? I honestly think everyone is screwing with colts fans, and we're the only ones not laughing or in on the joke. 

45 minutes ago, Indeee said:

He was a much better OC than HC. Although if he stayed as Oline coach I would be very happy. 

12 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Kiffin coached for Tampa or Oakland? I heard that Tampa 2 was implemented on both teams so how is that possible? I honestly think everyone is screwing with colts fans, and we're the only ones not laughing or in on the joke. 

He didn't run the Tampa 2 in Oakland.

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

yep look at Wade Phillips, bad HC but great great DC, and Romeo Crennel too

I was going to say, Wade Phillips is out of contract and a much less disruptive personality than Rex Ryan.  Also, Phillips is a master of the 3-4, so we wouldn't have to change our defense.   But reports are coming out that Phillips is going to the Rams. 

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Easy there R305. BraveHeartColt is a well respected poster on here who excels at sarcasm & I, for one, appreciate that. The forum is a place to discuss the state of the Colts, drop some humor, & just have a good time with regulars. 

You haven't posted that much. Otherwise, you'd know that. Relax, no need to ruffle any feathers here. Welcome aboard BTW. 

Sorry @southwest1. Had a Richard Sherman moment. I'm very passionate about BLUE (colts). I hope we get things back to where they should be. Man, if I could serve as an advisor to the gm smh. We would have great players already on this team. Not just injury casualties. I for one stated that we should have gone after SS Landen Collins (My last name)from bama. Instead of WR Dorsett (The U). I for one stated we should have gone after CB Rhodes instead of Werner. Its funny that had we gone that route, just Those picks alone, "Hypothetically" we would 1/2 way be a MONSTER. To top it off, the players I mentioned got grabbed right after the guys we picked. Smh

16 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Sorry @southwest1. Had a Richard Sherman moment. I'm very passionate about BLUE (colts). I hope we get things back to where they should be. Man, if I could serve as an advisor to the gm smh. We would have great players already on this team. Not just injury casualties. I for one stated that we should have gone after SS Landen Collins (My last name)from bama. Instead of WR Dorsett (The U). I for one stated we should have gone after CB Rhodes instead of Werner. Its funny that had we gone that route, just Those picks alone, "Hypothetically" we would 1/2 way be a MONSTER. To top it off, the players I mentioned got grabbed right after the guys we picked. Smh

Lol. Is this serious?