VocableLoki

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Lol. Is this serious?

I don't know what u mean by is this serious. U made no sense "is this serious". I said it right? Make A point Mr. Is this serious.

Is this serious smh (shrugs) oh I get it. This is a troll. Nice to meet you. I don't have time for pictures.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

{snip}

@southwest1 Man, if I could serve as an advisor to the gm smh. We would have great players already on this team. Not just injury casualties. I for one stated that we should have gone after SS Landen Collins (My last name)from bama. Instead of WR Dorsett (The U). I for one stated we should have gone after CB Rhodes instead of Werner.   {snip}

Advisor(s) to the GM is earned and only asked for, by the GM.  R. Grigson worked his way up to GM.  He does, and will ask his scouts, and Colts coaches (especially those that go to College bowl games, the scouting combine, and collegiate pro days) for their detailed, written and oral opinion of the strengths and weaknesses of each player they consider as a potential draftee. The ask for the grade the players was given.  (Grigson does his own too)  Not some info gleaned form Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Pete Prisco, or for heavens sake even Pat Kirwan or Gil Brandt (2 guys I respect a lot).  How does their skills fit into the 'system/scheme' of the offense or defense?  How does it compare to others of near the same ability at that position?  Etc.. etc...

Many people here have good write ups, that differ from reading material, but even then it is limited number of taped televised games, and limited access to crucial features (especially the lines) like ALL 22 etc.  And you were not alone in those choices, especially the Rhodes one.  But I think there isn't likely not a single person on this forum that is worth of advising our GM of draft and free agent choices.

When a person performs his/her own scouting work, (traveling on the road to real games, taking real notes looking at real strengths and weaknesses abilities and techniques etc, breaking down 'real' coaches tape, writing detailed notes/reports . on multiple prospects, and submits them for scrutiny via the club GM and coaches, and the results stand the test of time, then one has truly earned the ear of the GM, IMHO.

I look forward to your detailed, non-plagiarized scouting reports this upcoming draft season on prospects who Grigson should take. Please note the games you personally went to in order  make these assessments, which pro days you attended, if you were able to talk your way into the scouting combine. and the weather (might be a factor in outdoor games) they played in. Nail that task, and I might have to send a note as a voucher for you for that advisory position..  ;-)

57 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Advisor(s) to the GM is earned and only asked for, by the GM.  R. Grigson worked his way up to GM.  He does, and will ask his scouts, and Colts coaches (especially those that go to College bowl games, the scouting combine, and collegiate pro days) for their detailed, written and oral opinion of the strengths and weaknesses of each player they consider as a potential draftee. The ask for the grade the players was given.  (Grigson does his own too)  Not some info gleaned form Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Pete Prisco, or for heavens sake even Pat Kirwan or Gil Brandt (2 guys I respect a lot).  How does their skills fit into the 'system/scheme' of the offense or defense?  How does it compare to others of near the same ability at that position?  Etc.. etc...

Many people here have good write ups, that differ from reading material, but even then it is limited number of taped televised games, and limited access to crucial features (especially the lines) like ALL 22 etc.  And you were not alone in those choices, especially the Rhodes one.  But I think there isn't likely not a single person on this forum that is worth of advising our GM of draft and free agent choices.

When a person performs his/her own scouting work, (traveling on the road to real games, taking real notes looking at real strengths and weaknesses abilities and techniques etc, breaking down 'real' coaches tape, writing detailed notes/reports . on multiple prospects, and submits them for scrutiny via the club GM and coaches, and the results stand the test of time, then one has truly earned the ear of the GM, IMHO.

I look forward to your detailed, non-plagiarized scouting reports this upcoming draft season on prospects who Grigson should take. Please note the games you personally went to in order  make these assessments, which pro days you attended, if you were able to talk your way into the scouting combine. and the weather (might be a factor in outdoor games) they played in. Nail that task, and I might have to send a note as a voucher for you for that advisory position..  ;-)

You wrote a column dog. This ain't ESPN. I said "If" I could advise the GM and you became an attorney from that.? No problem dawg. U won. Its not that serious. 

{Moderator Edit: removed political questions}

This is a game and u get worked up over someone stating mentioning the what and what if. 

What's the topic? Grudens first move right which is a hypothetical. Why aren't u going off on the topic at hand instead of what someone would have done differently.? I know.lol

45 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I don't know what u mean by is this serious. U made no sense "is this serious". I said it right? Make A point Mr. Is this serious.

Is this serious smh (shrugs) oh I get it. This is a troll. Nice to meet you. I don't have time for pictures.

My point is you sound like a child dreaming of playing in the NFL when they grow up. If you honestly believe you are the missing key to Colts success just because you supposedly thought we should have picked 2 different players then Grigson did, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should submit your resume, rumor has it that Irsay and Gruden are looking for a new GM....

26 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

You wrote a column dog. This ain't ESPN. I said "If" I could advise the GM and you became an attorney from that.? No problem dawg. U won. Its not that serious. 

BTW did you vote for Trump? Tell me what experience he has? Don't answer. This is a game and u get worked up over someone stating mentioning the what and what if. 

What's the topic? Grudens first move right which is a hypothetical. Why aren't u going off on the topic at hand instead of what someone would have done differently.? I know.lol

So, you didn't see the little winky, smiley at the bottom of the post?   ;-)

It means 'm not worked up.  Not at all. However, at times, a few people take valuable space saying how they can/would do a better job than  ___________  (insert Colts representative here), often thread-jacking or derailing the original discussion in making their claim. And it is not a bad idea to remind people how much work and effort it took for those people to work in the NFL (scouts, coaches, front office, etc...).  We all make it seems so easy, and all of our choices work out, and theirs do not. But if it was, we would all do that for a paycheck  instead.

And my answer to the OP question was earlier via a Frank Caliendo skit where he parody's both Jon and Jay Gruden.  Because I know I don't have the credentials to tell the current or imaginary next coach of the Colts what he should focus on first, amongst all other things, and won't pretend to.  But I am glad you were among the many that nailed the Rhodes over Werner pick, and part of the smaller Collins group.  Kudos.

But I won't vote you advisor to the GM, at least not yet.  (another winky/smiley here)  ;-)

What about getting Bruce Allen to come with?  His name has been bandied about in most of the Gruden rumors, more often in relation to going to LA than Indianapolis.  Maybe the hold up is getting him away from the Redskins.  I can't find any contract info on him, so no idea what they're paying him, or for how long.  He was with Gruden in TB and Oakland, and he was a member of the Baltimore Colts too, to come full circle. 

5 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

My poor thread has been "Grigsoned"

I don't get the people stopping by to say they don't like the thread.

My husband reads books and takes classes on 'alternate history' I always ask him 'Doesn't that mean something that didn't happen?"

He's like "yes but, what if it had?"

It's a genre for history.  very reasonable to me to see this sort of a discussion on a colts forum 

29 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't get the people stopping by to say they don't like the thread.

My husband reads books and takes classes on 'alternate history' I always ask him 'Doesn't that mean something that didn't happen?"

He's like "yes but, what if it had?"

It's a genre for history.  very reasonable to me to see this sort of a discussion on a colts forum 

Pretty much what I was thinking, seems more productive than endless speculation.