Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Man, if I had to give up alcohol, pizza, burgers, eggs, or pepsi, pepsi would probably be the last thing I'd choose.

I'm a Coke (Zero) guy. My wife is a Pepsi fan. We make it work though. I haven't drank a regular soda in 13 years. Pretty proud of that accomplishment. I was kind of addicted in high school.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's impossible to know what next year will bring.   That's the reality.  Look at the falcons last year.   Look where they are this year

Reality is that the Colts got worse over the last 4 years instead of improving into a Super Bowl contender. And just to hope that the same guys that are responsible for that will do better next year and then next year and so on is just dumb. 

Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I like Pagono, happy for him! Honestly with this team I think 8-8 is pretty good. No pass rush, poor inside LB play, limited Dl personal, poor CB play, poor safety play, rookies everywhere on the OL, probably need another wr. With a strong draft we could have a better team next year.

Chuck coaching cost a few wins left out in the field and that cost the division.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Man, if I had to give up alcohol, pizza, burgers, eggs, or pepsi, pepsi would probably be the last thing I'd choose.

Haha.  ME TOO. Theres NO DOUBT pepsi would be the last thing i gave up.  You'd have to pry the bottle from my cold fingers.

i'm tryin to design a back "holster" for my pepsi 2-liters with an IV line directly into my vein.  I waste too much time refilling my glass.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

You can feel disappointed, even choose not to renew your tickets. I think acting like Irsay has harmed you in any way is a bit much.

Think about the children! How are they supposed to explain to their children that Mr. Irsay is purposely ruining their Sunday's? :sarcasm:

Well if Pagano is staying that means Grigson is staying or Irsay wants to cause drama buy hiring a new GM and saying here is the coach you have to work with.  I would hope he learned from watching other teams that generally does not work out well.

I cannot say that I am surprised, but I am definitely getting ready for another 8-8 season.  Pagano is Jeff Fisher outside of the division and the Jags/Texans/Titans are all much better teams so 6-0 is not a given anymore. Actually given Pagano's regression in the AFC South 7-9 is probably more like it.  

10 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

My favorite was his quote after the Raiders game.  "I had no answers for them", or something to that effect.  The "defensive guru" had no answers for an average running game. :lol:

Raiders have a better than average run game, & 3 all pros on the OL. Raiders have probably the 2nd best Ol in the league! We have a still mending IMO Henry Anderson, an undersized NT, And 3 other young pups getting man handled not to mention IIL that got manhandled. Not much any one could do!

This is a sad announcement.  Hard to fathom his(Irsay) decision, after the  last couple of bad years, bad decisions by an inept  coach out on the field, bad GM, who can't identify talent and wasting Luck's talent.  This organization just simply don't get it. They can't build a super team....Simply sucks!!!!

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

You can feel disappointed, even choose not to renew your tickets. I think acting like Irsay has harmed you in any way is a bit much.

I actually don't have season tickets.  I typically get my hands on a pair of decent seats once a year and make it to the LOS.  I do have some close friends and colleagues  that have season tickets, and they are questioning whether they will renew them or not.  Heck, knowing them, they probably will.  No, Irsay didn't harm them in any way, but can you understand why the people that do actually pay a lot of $ every year would feel ripped off?  

1 minute ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

Well if Pagano is staying that means Grigson is staying or Irsay wants to cause drama buy hiring a new GM and saying here is the coach you have to work with.  I would hope he learned from watching other teams that generally does not work out well.

I cannot say that I am surprised, but I am definitely getting ready for another 8-8 season.  Pagano is Jeff Fisher outside of the division and the Jags/Texans/Titans are all much better teams so 6-0 is not a given anymore. Actually given Pagano's regression in the AFC South 7-9 is probably more like it.  

Not Pagonos fault you coach the guys your given & quite frankly this team is not that good!

Here is Irsay's problem.  

He really wants Manning as GM and Harbaugh as coach.  Reuniting two of the most famous Colts qbs of all time.

But, Harbaugh is not ready to leave UM and Manning is not ready to assume GM duties. 

So he has to decide, "do I fire P and G now and bring in someone new, only to have Harbaugh and Manning available next year and then have to fire the coach and GM I just hired?"   "Or do I just maintain status quo and wait for Manning and Harbaugh next year or the year after?"

I think he decided it wasn't worth the aggravation of trying to find a new GM and coach NOW, among a group of candidates he could take or leave, and instead is banking on his 2 favorite choices being available in the next 1-2 years.  

Just now, Mr Coffee said:

I actually don't have season tickets.  I typically get my hands on a pair of decent seats once a year and make it to the LOS.  I do have some close friends and colleagues  that have season tickets, and they are questioning whether they will renew them or not.  Heck, knowing them, they probably will.  No, Irsay didn't harm them in any way, but can you understand why the people that do actually pay a lot of $ every year would feel ripped off?  

Irsay didn't physically harm me either, but he took away my passion for football in one fell swoop. Basically now, I'll be playing fantasy football for money, and it'll feel like a job instead of fun. I hate working when It feels like a job.

12 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Reality is that the Colts got worse over the last 4 years instead of improving into a Super Bowl contender. And just to hope that the same guys that are responsible for that will do better next year and then next year and so on is just dumb. 

No that is not the reality...at all.  The colts have NOT gotten worse over the past 4 years...they showed decline THIS YEAR.  That's it. 

5 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Raiders have a better than average run game, & 3 all pros on the OL. Raiders have probably the 2nd best Ol in the league! We have a still mending IMO Henry Anderson, an undersized NT, And 3 other young pups getting man handled not to mention IIL that got manhandled. Not much any one could do!

Wow.  You are definitely right.  My apologies.  I looked up the Raiders run offense for 2016 and it is ranked 6th.  What bugs me is that I KNOW I read an article recently about how Chuck struggled against an "average" Raiders run O and had no answers.  Guess I shouldn't believe everything I read.  :thinking:

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Sorry, HSH.  They "guys you're given" should at least be ready to play before the third quarter of a given game.  That's coaching, IMO.

That the players not the coach. If anything he got them back on track or motivated them to play better in the 3rd quarter. Again this team IMO is not very good! We lack talent at many positions, or were very young in others! I blame Grigson honestly!

2 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

That the players not the coach. If anything he got them back on track or motivated them to play better in the 3rd quarter. Again this team IMO is not very good! We lack talent at many positions, or were very young in others! I blame Grigson honestly!

I agree that we aren't "very good".  At the same time, how can you deny the fact that Chuck isn't a good coach?  GM brings in poor talent.  Coach makes terrible decisions season after season and runs poor schemes, on top of the bad talent we have.  It's a perfect storm, and it sucks.

25 minutes ago, corgi said:

I'm a Coke (Zero) guy. My wife is a Pepsi fan. We make it work though. I haven't drank a regular soda in 13 years. Pretty proud of that accomplishment. I was kind of addicted in high school.

mmmm Coke Zero....Hands down the best soda on the market.

26 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

No that is not the reality...at all.  The colts have NOT gotten worse over the past 4 years...they showed decline THIS YEAR.  That's it. 

Well to be honest they were on the decline last year before Luck got hurt, it just continued.

26 minutes ago, corgi said:

I wouldn't say I'm addicted so much as I couldn't give it up if my life depended on it.  :D

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Irsay didn't physically harm me either, but he took away my passion for football in one fell swoop. Basically now, I'll be playing fantasy football for money, and it'll feel like a job instead of fun. I hate working when It feels like a job.

I understand what you're saying.  But my guess is that you, as well as I, will start to cling to a small hope this August that things will be a little different this year.  That maybe, just maybe, Chuck will have an awakening and not make the same mistakes that he has year after year.  Is it likely?  No.  But you know we'll get a little bit excited before the season, in hopes that things will be different.  Definition of insanity?  Maybe.  But tiehr way, I doubt your passion will be lost.

1 minute ago, Mr Coffee said:

I understand what you're saying.  But my guess is that you, as well as I, will start to cling to a small hope this August that things will be a little different this year.  That maybe, just maybe, Chuck will have an awakening and not make the same mistakes that he has year after year.  Is it likely?  No.  But you know we'll get a little bit excited before the season, in hopes that things will be different.  Definition of insanity?  Maybe.  But tiehr way, I doubt your passion will be lost.

Either way*.  Sorry, I'm new to posting, folks.

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

I've said for a while now neither will be fired 1 year into being re-signed and Irsay make his continuity speech. These guys are here for the remainder of there contracts

There's no reason for you to think it.       There's no reason for you to post it.

If you noticed,  this news didn't come out until Friday,  5 days after the season.     If Irsay is not firing them for another few years then he could've made this announcement 5 days ago on Monday.      He could've walked out and said  "I'm not happy with the way this season played out.    But I trust in Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano and I will not be bringing in anyone else."       

He didn't do that.     That means he was considering firing them.       So if he considered it last year and if he considered it this year,   then there's no reason to think that both men are safe for the life of their contract.

Don't over think it.

The only way they last is if they win.     Another 8-8 is not going to cut it.

5 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Thanks for the pep talk Mr Coffee. I'll probably watch like a fool lol. I still watch WWE even though Stone Cold, The Rock and everyone are gone. It's hard to quit on them when you have loyalty to the team.

2 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Well, we're being pointed and laughed at right now. I'll go ahead and thrown in the inevitable "they'll be laughing when we're in the SB."

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5md9ez/source_colts_hc_chuck_pagano_has_received/?sort=top

Really though, I posted this for some fans here who seemingly don't get outside the fan base much. It's an eye opener, really. It gets frustrating here when you see people saying our fans are too negative when you literally can't leave this bubble of a Colts forum without seeing the Colts getting abused by everybody. And reddit isn't your average ESPN/Youtube commenter crowd, not just a ton of teenagers who know nothing.

For the Love of God,  who cares what other fans think?

We already had a long thread about Irsay not caring what his own fans think.     So why should he care about what fans of another team think?

This massive insecurity is simply embarrassing.....

25 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Not really. 

1) In the literal, I don't believe STH renewals are due yet, so they have plenty of opportunity to vote with their dollars. I don't think I would feel ripped off, personally.

2) I think it's silly to believe that Irsay doesn't expect his team to perform better, or to believe that he isn't doing what he thinks is best for his franchise.

3) I also think people are taking this a little hard. I don't think Pagano should still be the coach, but I don't think he's trash, garbage, awful, pathetic, or any of the other harsh terms he's being described with in this and other threads. He's just not good enough, IMO. Irsay either hopes/believes Pagano can do better, or doesn't want to pull the trigger on a staff change until he believes he can land a clear improvement. 

So, disappointed? Yes. Upset, even mad? Sure. Screwed over, ripped off? Ehh, not so much. I believe Irsay is interested in putting out the best product, and I believe that because he's proved it over the course of two decades. Just because I disagree with his decision doesn't mean he doesn't care about winning.