Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

54 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Both Grigson and Pagano are returning. 

Jags fans, Texans fans, and Titans fans rejoice. Colts finished 3rd place in the division they used to automatically win every year by default of it's horribleness, but that's gone now. Houston has won back to back and proven that they can get the job done, and Tennessee is quickly on the rise. If the Titans nail their upcoming draft with all the picks they have from their trade, then Tennessee could easily take the division in the next season. 

If i were you guys, I'd be worried about Coughlin going to Jacksonville...The Colts may never see another division title if Jacksonville gets their show together with the talent they have. 

Yes, all 11 Jags fans are having a grand old time at their annual gathering at the bad Denny's in Jacksonville. No doubt listening to Limp Bizkit.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, corgi said:

I think last year he let Pagano "fix" his staff and they "fixed" the o situation. This year they get a chance to fix the putrid defense. If they miss the playoffs and show no growth with good draft position and $50 or 60 million in cap space they're gone. Just my opinion, that's how I would handle it.

First on the agenda...

Grigson will give those millions to resign guys like Mike Adams, Eric Walden and Trent Cole

What's the point of having these guys(Grigs/Pags) retained for another year with basically the same results.  It was uttered from the Clubhouse to the media that Pagano and crew are soft, let that be noted and it will continue to be that way in 2017 despite what you call changes.  I don't foresee any changes, b/c Pagano is too soft all around and won't let go his buddies...So expect another year of disappointment and he will be gone if he doesn't make the playoffs.  So, what I'm saying is, we get a new coach, new GM and start over again in 2018 and not make the playoffs again.  So had the new regime started in 2017 they would have a year under their built to rebuild a monster....Pipe's dream...Oh well, just saying.

7 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Is anyone besides me holding out hope that Irsay is still searching and Grigano may still get canned?  JMV, Kravitz, Wells, etc all think that is a real possibility.

No...I've lost all hope for next season. I'm done hoping something big will happen to better the franchise in 2017. 

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Perhaps...but even then it will be two years too late.  We have lost a lot of ground waiting around for these guys to get their act together. 

So, your argument would've been to fire them after the first 8-8 season in which Andrew Luck didn't even play in 9 of the games.

I don't think that's a very strong argument.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Given Grigson's track record in FA, Irsay might as well take those millions of dollars out back and throw a match on it.

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about Grigson. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about how great Grigson is. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

I heard it as well.  He came off as the Kellyanne Conway of the Colts.  Spin, baby, spin.

10 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Dakich actually brought Grigson's agent on his show today so he could ramble about how great Grigson is. Dakich said how the 2013 draft/free agency stunk and basically asked him to justify it. His response? Grigson's record. Then goes on to say how all teams miss and changed the subject by basically saying he is actually objective. Lol. I couldn't listen to the whole thing but a part of me couldn't help but laugh at listening to this guy and Dakich.

He somehow defends Grigson while trashing Pagano lol.  I personally think changes are needed on both sides, but listening to Dakich talk about football would be like listening to Paris Hilton talk about Extreme Pipline Snowboarding.

We have to get younger on defense. Irsay said it himself, so we will see if he stands by what he said last off season. That's part of the reason why the HC, and GM will be given another shot. Like some of you have stated, this was his plan all along. Our oldest player on defense should be Langford. We will find out in March if Grigs follows by with younger free agents.

1 hour ago, corgi said:

Yes, all 11 Jags fans are having a grand old time at their annual gathering at the bad Denny's in Jacksonville. No doubt listening to Limp Bizkit.

Classic!  Do you suppose they brought the tarps in with them so it would look like there's actually 11 of them?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, your argument would've been to fire them after the first 8-8 season in which Andrew Luck didn't even play in 9 of the games.

I don't think that's a very strong argument.

Maybe not...but you sure as heck don't award a 4 year extension either coming off that 8-8 season. Not saying that you would have but it's what Irsay did.  Particularly when the team was only 2-5 in those seven games Luck played (not all of them while injured).  That was a tip off right there of the mediocrity ahead in my mind.  But many fans just wanted to attribute that disappointing season to Luck missing those 9 games. 

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Maybe not...but you sure as heck don't award a 4 year extension either coming off that 8-8 season. Not saying that you would have but it's what Irsay did.  Particularly when the team was only 2-5 in those seven games Luck played (not all of them while injured).  That was a tip off right there of the mediocrity ahead in my mind.  But many fans just wanted to attribute that disappointing season to Luck missing those 9 games. 

They went 6-3 with backup qbs.   That is an endorsement to the coaching staff

I am over it, don't even bug me much anymore since the only coach I wanted 100% was Jim Harbaugh and that was never going to happen really. The idea of Gruden and Saban types gave me near hives. The only active NFL coach I was a bit interested in was Matt Patricia but still I don't know if that would happen and if he even leaves the Pats.

That don't mean I won't complain at all or anything since Pagano makes it way way way too easy, but just that I kinda am laughing at the rumors this past week that were clearly about as reliable as reading a planet X conspiracy forum. And people seriously bought into the Peyton Manning thing? Come on.........that was about as much chance of happening this year as Tom Brady throwing 6 picks in one game.

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am over it, don't even bug me much anymore since the only coach I wanted 100% was Jim Harbaugh and that was never going to happen really. The idea of Gruden and Saban types gave me near hives. The only active NFL coach I was a bit interested in was Matt Patricia but still I don't know if that would happen and if he even leaves the Pats.

That don't mean I won't complain at all or anything since Pagano makes it way way way too easy, but just that I kinda am laughing at the rumors this past week that were clearly about as reliable as reading a planet X conspiracy forum. And people seriously bought into the Peyton Manning thing? Come on.........that was about as much chance of happening this year as Tom Brady throwing 6 picks in one game.

The same Harbaugh that seldom wins big games and lost his last 3 of 4 this year? I can make a case that if Saban is still a possibility there's reason to believe he could get Luck and Co. over the hump..

Not that I'm wild about him and I see the obvious downside, but he's got the same upside as Harbaugh and then some. 

3 hours ago, corgi said:

Hard to imagine a greater sign of the football apocalypse.  For over a decade, we went head-to-head with the Patriots and Pats fans... Belichick's Patriots, possibly the greatest  team in NFL history.  Now, we're content with beating down the next worst thing to the Browns.  Not exactly how I envisioned it in year five of Luck.

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The same Harbaugh that seldom wins big games and lost his last 3 of 4 this year? I can make a case that if Saban is still a possibility there's reason to believe he could get Luck and Co. over the hump..

Not that I'm wild about him and I see the obvious downside, but he's got the same upside as Harbaugh and then some. 

I have always had a small crush on Jim Harbaugh. Can't help it. I also think he and Luck had such good chemistry in college but then again it isn't going to happen so why even bother?

6 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I hope that they actually sign an impact player or two on defense....bargain basement signings are nice but should not be the premise of this off season.  Draft DEFENSE!  One more time, DRAFT DEFENSE! The HC and the GM MUST be on the same page....unless you just want to be mediocre?

I would have to think grigson is in panic mode.  I look for at least one big splash in FA.   Just a feeling.  I could be way off

34 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't imagine Walden would ask for ridiculous money. He did have a very good year, so he definitely deserves a nice contract, but nothing too big. 

It's his last contract though, he'll definitely be going to the highest bidder.

He's never made big money (for his standards) so I'd bet he'd leave even if it's even a million or two.

49 minutes ago, Jules said:

I have always had a small crush on Jim Harbaugh. Can't help it. I also think he and Luck had such good chemistry in college but then again it isn't going to happen so why even bother?

I would rather want Harbaugh than Saban, Harbaugh is much younger and has proven he can be a Great Coach on the Pro level, came within a few yards of winning a SB with Kaepernick at QB. Also he Coached Luck in college and he has Indiana ties. People love him here, if I was a girl I would have a crush on him too haha 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't imagine Walden would ask for ridiculous money. He did have a very good year, so he definitely deserves a nice contract, but nothing too big. 

Walden sucks. He had a good year because it was a contract year. I can assure u

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That 8-8 season last year wasn't just good it was flipping brilliant.

I always love that so many posters think 2015 is an example of a bad year by Pagano.     I think it's one of his best coaching jobs.

8 wins with 5 different QB's?     Terrific.

Won his last two games to finish 8-8?     Terrific.

Split the QB duties in the final game to get the most out of both and ease the load of putting it all on one?    Genius!

For me,  when my favorite team loses the starting QB for 9 games,  you're playing with House Money.    Whatever you can walk away with is great.      And we walked away with an 8-8 season.    I was hugely impressed.      I'm sorry so many here are not.      I think they missed a great season.

12 minutes ago, Bubbz said:

Walden sucks. He had a good year because it was a contract year. I can assure u

Walden has been the Colts best OLBer the past three years.  Outside of this year he hasn't had huge sack numbers but he wasn't brought here to rush the passer.  He was brought here to set the edge something he does a lot of and does well.  With that said because of all his sacks he's probably going demand more than he's worth and I would think twice about giving pass rusher money to a guy who isn't really a pass rusher even if he your best linebacker.