Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the Love of God,  who cares what other fans think?

We already had a long thread about Irsay not caring what his own fans think.     So why should he care about what fans of another team think?

This massive insecurity is simply embarrassing.....

Oh come on, lay off with that massive insecurity stuff.

I simply pointed out a community in which I really respect, and what they thought of this situation. I pointed it out partly because I wanted to show some people here, like yourself apparently, that it's not so blasphemous to be legitimately disappointed about retaining Pagano and Grigson, no matter how obvious it was to some.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm not expecting any change for the 2017 team. They'll beat up on the bad teams, beat maybe 1 elite team, but have another 8-8 season. Their ceiling is probably 9-7.

Trust me, if the Jaguars next coach is good and our other division opponents have a good offseason, the Colts will miss the playoffs again.

PREDICTION:

If the Colts miss the playoffs again in 2017,  then Grigson and Pagano will be fired.      Period.

Irsay is not going more than 3 years of missing the playoffs without making major changes.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks for the pep talk Mr Coffee. I'll probably watch like a fool lol. I still watch WWE even though Stone Cold, The Rock and everyone are gone. It's hard to quit on them when you have loyalty to the team.

Yep.  Believe me, I want to quit on them and not watch an entire game next year.  You're ticked.  I'm ticked.  Most of us are ticked.  After the emotion subsides, we will watch next year.  However, Irsay does need to be careful of alienating the casual Colts fan.  Sure, the die hards will watch every year and buy tickets to the game.  The casual fans aren't so forgiving, and believe it or not, they make up a sizeable chunk of the season ticket holders.  Most would call them fair weather fans, and they'd be correct, but it doesn't change the fact that they make up a decent chunk of the season ticket holder pie.

Well Well this is the get it off your chest thread for all the smart wanna be GM and head coaches out there. They will be crying in their soda and beer tonight and hopefully they will feel better and move on.   If they finish 8-8 or worse next year they will be gone.  If they make the playoffs they will be here for a long time because if this team keeps improving we will have multiple SB's with Luck.  Maybe the Pagano and Grigson haters would be happier finding a new team.  It might be better for their health and state of mind. Their moms and dads and maybe wives won't have to listen to them whine anymore.  It might make for a happier household.   Me, I'm planning on enjoying the off season and looking forward to our new player additions and draft choices.  Next year is going to be a great year!

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

PREDICTION:

If the Colts miss the playoffs again in 2017,  then Grigson and Pagano will be fired.      Period.

Irsay is not going more than 3 years of missing the playoffs without making major changes.

I think we will go 19-0 next season, but I reserve the right to change my prediction based on the outcome of the games, lol.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

So, disappointed? Yes. Upset, even mad? Sure. Screwed over, ripped off? Ehh, not so much. I believe Irsay is interested in putting out the best product, and I believe that because he's proved it over the course of two decades. Just because I disagree with his decision doesn't mean he doesn't care about winning.

It's crazy to me how people can question Jim's dedication to winning over the past 20 years because of all this.  He may have made the wrong choice to keep them last year and/or this year, but he's all the sudden okay with mediocrity?  Eh...

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not really. 

1) In the literal, I don't believe STH renewals are due yet, so they have plenty of opportunity to vote with their dollars. I don't think I would feel ripped off, personally.

2) I think it's silly to believe that Irsay doesn't expect his team to perform better, or to believe that he isn't doing what he thinks is best for his franchise.

3) I also think people are taking this a little hard. I don't think Pagano should still be the coach, but I don't think he's trash, garbage, awful, pathetic, or any of the other harsh terms he's being described with in this and other threads. He's just not good enough, IMO. Irsay either hopes/believes Pagano can do better, or doesn't want to pull the trigger on a staff change until he believes he can land a clear improvement. 

So, disappointed? Yes. Upset, even mad? Sure. Screwed over, ripped off? Ehh, not so much. I believe Irsay is interested in putting out the best product, and I believe that because he's proved it over the course of two decades. Just because I disagree with his decision doesn't mean he doesn't care about winning.

Thanks for this.....

Some of us are trying to fight the good fight....   but on a day like today,  it's a losing effort....   (Sigh....)

Oh well.........      

2017 should be a fascinating year to watch unfold, on every imaginable level....

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Oh come on, lay off with that massive insecurity stuff.

I simply pointed out a community in which I really respect, and what they thought of this situation. I pointed it out partly because I wanted to show some people here, like yourself apparently, that it's not so blasphemous to be legitimately disappointed about retaining Pagano and Grigson, no matter how obvious it was to some.

The comment wasn't just directed at you....     sorry if it came across that way...

If you actually read the posts in this thread and others,   this is a hugely insecure fan base.

They're completely consumed by what other fans think.....     "We're a laughing stock" is a common post....

People here are so worried about everyone else that they don't focus enough on what's right in front of them.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not really. 

1) In the literal, I don't believe STH renewals are due yet, so they have plenty of opportunity to vote with their dollars. I don't think I would feel ripped off, personally.

2) I think it's silly to believe that Irsay doesn't expect his team to perform better, or to believe that he isn't doing what he thinks is best for his franchise.

3) I also think people are taking this a little hard. I don't think Pagano should still be the coach, but I don't think he's trash, garbage, awful, pathetic, or any of the other harsh terms he's being described with in this and other threads. He's just not good enough, IMO. Irsay either hopes/believes Pagano can do better, or doesn't want to pull the trigger on a staff change until he believes he can land a clear improvement. 

I believe it's the latter.  Sure, it's all purely speculation, but I believe that Irsay thought he couldn't secure a replacement that would be a home run.

There's no point in changing the HC unless you know you've landed a clear improvement.  I agree with that.  It's a great way to end up like those franchises with four coaches in four years. 

29 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Well to be honest they were on the decline last year before Luck got hurt, it just continued.

no, Luck was on the decline last year, the rest of the team..not so much...hence the reason they went 8-8 even without Luck.

35 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Please tell me the difference.  I'm seriously curious.

The difference between showing decline for the last 4 years vs. showing decline for 1 year?  You don't see the difference between the 2?   Really???  I hope I'm misunderstanding your question.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The comment wasn't just directed at you....     sorry if it came across that way...

If you actually read the posts in this thread and others,   this is a hugely insecure fan base.

They're completely consumed by what other fans think.....     "We're a laughing stock" is a common post....

People here are so worried about everyone else that they don't focus enough on what's right in front of them.

No, you're fine, there's definitely some of that going around.

And I should add to my original post that the common opinion outside our fan base doesn't make it correct. Right now, I'm seeing people say our front office is more dysfunctional than the Browns which is absurd.

53 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I don't see it! which games exactly did Chuck lose? We were in every game IMO other than the KC game.

The lion game, jags in london, 1st texan game, steelers again, raiders and broncos. Must have been watching 2 different coaches and team.

18 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

no, Luck was on the decline last year, the rest of the team..not so much...hence the reason they went 8-8 even without Luck.

I don't know, they looked on the decline before the Broncos game, and then Luck balled out and got hurt. They still managed to go 8-8, but I think the teams we beat were just worse than ours.

Other than the Broncos, who were good, we beat the lowly Buccaneers (6-10), Dolphins (6-10) and Falcons (8-8) as our non AFC South wins in 2015. in 2015 we only beat two teams with a winning record.

This season we had our star QB and managed the same outcome, I'd classify that as regression.

Edit: In 2016 we only beat 1 team with a winning record (Green Bay)

Our non AFC South Wins in 2016 came against Chargers (5-11), Bears (3-13), Packers (10-6), Jets (5-11), and Vikings (8-8)

7 hours ago, Indeee said:

Wow, I'm appalled. This has to be based on fact that:

1) Manning, as reported, wasn't ready to be a GM or

2) Saban and possibly Harbough already turned Irsay down behind the scenes

Chud and Monachino better get canned then, along with our strength coaches

Fire an offensive coordinator for a team that averages almost 26 PPG. Gotcha

10 minutes ago, MTC said:

The only thing that will excite me for the '17-'18 season is the all blue jerseys to be played on TNF.

That will probably be the only prime time game the Colts get next year.  I am with you though, I am looking forward to those.  I am still holding out hope that they will get a Sunday night and Monday night game as well. 

7 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I don't know, they looked on the decline before the Broncos game, and then Luck balled out and got hurt. They still managed to go 8-8, but I think the teams we beat were just worse than ours.

Other than the Broncos, who were good, we beat the lowly Buccaneers (6-10), Dolphins (6-10) and Falcons (8-8) as our non AFC South wins in 2015. in 2015 we only beat two teams with a winning record.

This season we had our star QB and managed the same outcome, I'd classify that as regression.

And that's why I said that this year was really the first sign of regression.

Well, I thought he should be retained, so I'm happy.

But really, this thread shows just how out of whack (IMO) the internet allows people to get.  In reading some of the reactions and "descriptions" of Pagano, some have got him confused with Sandusky.

3 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

The lion game, jags in london, 1st texan game, steelers again, raiders and broncos. Must have been watching 2 different coaches and team.

The team not the coach lost those games dude really!! What did Pagono do or not do in these games that lost the games. IMO the Colts were manhandled in the broncos, raiders and Steelers game by better teams. The Jags game I blame on the travel to London, The Lions is a pickum game and the Lions are a better all round team. I might be able to give you the first texans game maybe with a little better clock management at the end we may have won that one. Although the Colts were manhandled again easily when it really counted in the the rematch. Did we win in-spite of Pagoano in the GB, Minn, Tenn twice games.? Again this team is not that good. Very young OL, although probably better next year, not good this year, & the defense is %, don't even get me started about that unit!!

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

And that's why I said that this year was really the first sign of regression.

Well we regressed from 11-5 to 8-8 from 2014 to 2015. I get your point that Luck wasn't there for most of the games, but when he was there the team was nothing to tout. I think if Luck was there the entire season we still would have regressed from 11-5

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Well we regressed from 11-5 to 8-8 from 2014 to 2015. I get your point that Luck wasn't there for most of the games, but when he was there the team was nothing to tout. I think if Luck was there the entire season we still would have regressed from 11-5

That would have all depended on whether or not the broncos game was an outlier or a sign of the way things would have gone with Luck and Chud.

29 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

I believe it's the latter.  Sure, it's all purely speculation, but I believe that Irsay thought he couldn't secure a replacement that would be a home run.

There's no point in changing the HC unless you know you've landed a clear improvement.  I agree with that.  It's a great way to end up like those franchises with four coaches in four years. 

It's also a violation of the Rooney Rule, or at least the spirit of it. But I'm not that worried about that.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Stephen holder for some reason doesn't sound real confident on JMV says "don't change the channel yet" and "this is really freaking weird" 

JMV was more blunt "i think he is still looking"

Frankly, so do I.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I don't haha but figured I'd share it anyway Im 99.9% sure the 2 *s will be back but oh well 

They probably will be back, but i'd put money on Irsay still looking around.  Doesn't mean he will find the answers he wants though, same as last year.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Stephen holder for some reason doesn't sound real confident on JMV says "don't change the channel yet" and "this is really freaking weird" 

I don't think it's weird. Doesn't mean something else can't be happening, but I think this is pretty straightforward, at this point. Just because the media has been selling this story for 5 days doesn't mean anything. 

14 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think it's weird. Doesn't mean something else can't be happening, but I think this is pretty straightforward, at this point. Just because the media has been selling this story for 5 days doesn't mean anything. 

Like I said I'm 99.9% sure they will be back no matter how stupid the decision