Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Alex Marvez Pagano will be back as HC in 2017 (merge)

HungarianColtsFan

6 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I'm seriously gonna be mad if we draft a rb with the 1st or 2nd pick. This defense isn't bad, it is terrible. 

Definitely. He better be the second coming of Adrian Peterson if they do make a move like that lmao. We need key playmakers on defense. Whether that is done through the draft or FA, it needs to happen. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I think Cleveland has that locked up, not to mention the 13 teams that finished with worse records than us..

When that draft was you most recent one, it shows improvement. Grigson was a rookie GM coming in and happened to have a good 1st draft. This most recent draft shows that he's learned and did a much better job.

1) Nowhere near ready. You have to realize that Elway had a decade of Front Office experience before stepping into his current role.

2. Saban is a legendary college HC and was a terrible NFL HC. Hard pass. Harbaugh isn't leaving. Stop the obsession.

3. You don't fire coordinators after just one season. That's shortsighted and does more harm than help. It takes years for players to fully learn a scheme.

Anyone upset at this news has nobody to blame but yourselves for hyping up the possibility of them getting fired, despite Irsay saying a few weeks ago that he wasn't going to make changes.

I believe that is why he never said anything. He already addressed it and it's not his fault that you torch and pitchfork holders just didn't like what you heard and assumed you'd later get the answer you wanted to hear.

It makes perfect sense not to fire them this year, just 1 season removed from their extensions. If he wanted to fire them, last season would have been it. I do believe that if they can't get it done next season, they're gone.

standing-ovation.gif

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Number 3 is false as the 3-4 been used a few years now and the d stinks no matter who the players and coaches are.

lol right, because the distinction between 3-4 and 4-3 is the only thing that determines scheme and nothing else.  Please, this isn't Madden...

25 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think the arguments being passed have less to do with waiting for the reboot.  The argument on side A is, Irsay said he wasn't anticipating coaching changes.  The side B argument was demanding Irsay come out and say whether he was going to make changes or not (after the initial comment he anticipated none).  And now side B is complainign no changes will be made and side A says, well we told you so because that's what Irsay said and not the speculative media or the hopes of fans wanting change.  I think both sides A and B want change, i'ts just one side took Irsay at his word and the other refused to accept the words from the mouth of the beast.

You know....I used to disagree with a lot of things you posted, but over the years, I've found myself agreeing more and more. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.....lmao

For the smug "I told you so's",  quit acting like you knew something everyone else didn't... You don't think 90% of the forum also figured this would be the eventual outcome? I am guessing most had a good idea Pagano and Grigson would be retained, but were hoping and looking for any reason they might be wrong. All of the "prophets" need to to stop the everyone should have listened to "my wisdom" *. 

I'm sick to my stomach over this..

Build the monster? Pagano on being a defensive minded coach. The Colts probably had the worst defense I had ever come across since being a fan since Jim Harbaugh was our Quarterback.

Build the monster? We can't even make the playoffs, let alone win the AFC South or sweet the Jaguars.

As long as Pagano is here I refuse to sit through another painful season. Andrew Luck will lose another season in his prime due to poor coaching and a team that lacks talent.

Jim Irsay needs to sell the team to someone who actually wants to win. Chuck Pagano is a terrible coach and gets out-coached almost weekly. We constantly come out flat and are playing from behind week after week. This team is soft and lacks killer instinct.

I could go on for hours, but I'm sure you all feel the same way I do.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

You know....I used to disagree with a lot of things you posted, but over the years, I've found myself agreeing more and more. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.....lmao

Well, I'm not always right.  I'd like to think I'm right more often than not but I don't keep track.  And I don't really care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me, as long as we can do it intelligently respectfully, and to the extent possible, with a sense of humor.  

I know the people I should ignore and the people that often deserve my insults and you're neither of those so it's a good thing as far as I'm concerned and it's okay when you don't agree with me.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

When are yall gonna realize the guy needs better than substandard athletes to run his D? Of course you will suck with nothing but low scale free agents and draft busts like Chapman heading your defense.

He had some pretty good players..unfortunately they were on IR. Just sayin....

They fired the whole staff after last season. Probably not gonna do it again this year too

Yeah why fire the d coach that was ranked 30th and gave up 400 plus yards in several games. 

Zzzz.

It was his first season on the job with a cupboard that was bare at best.

Firing coaches is not the key to success.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

First draft picks:

2013 Borg Werner

2014 Trent Richardson

2015 Philip Dorsett

2013- A defensive player that is slow and can't tackle

2014- a running back that cant run

2015- a receiver that can't catch

Grigson is a terrible talent evaluator.

2 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

The issues I have with Pagano honestly don't have anything to do with the defense.  It's the slow starts,  general inconsistency,  poor game management (weird timeouts)  and overall conservative mindset. We've heard all along that he is too soft with the players,  and we've got another report this off-season saying that the team lacks accountability and the players want more.  

That's all reason enough to move on from him in my eyes.  I agree the defensive issues aren't entirely on him,  however,  they need to be more aggressive.  They bltized much more (and more creativity)  under manusky than under Monachino (Pagano's guy.)  

Manusky never had to rely on a secondary consisting of Chris Milton, Darryl Morris and Rashaan Melvin.  With players of that caliber in your defensive backfield is seriously going to affect the plays you can comfortably call.

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

It's just sad. These are the people amongst us out in the real world. If that's the kind of fog they like to live in, what the hell kind of stuff are these folks in charge of at their jobs? Is the same guy who needs his hand held and this situation thoroughly explained to the same guy in charge of keeping us all safe?

It's pretty scary when you stop and think about it.

I just keep telling myself the majority of them are probably still only around 13 years old.  It's most likely not true but does provide at least some peace of mind.

53 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I have been a supporter of Irsay till now....  but this is truly the definition of insanity...   Doing the same crap and expecting different results".  Colts will have to try to totally build thru the draft, because no FA worth anything is going to want to come play in Indy.  It has turned into a real side show, clown act.  :facepalm:

99% of people that use that line have no idea what it means.

12 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Number 3 is false as the 3-4 been used a few years now and the d stinks no matter who the players and coaches are.

There's more than 1 type of 3-4 defense. 

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

lol right, because the distinction between 3-4 and 4-3 is the only thing that determines scheme and nothing else.  Please, this isn't Madden...

Hell even Madden now has different variations of the 3-4 and 4-3. lol

9 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'm sick to my stomach over this..

Build the monster? Pagano on being a defensive minded coach. The Colts probably had the worst defense I had ever come across since being a fan since Jim Harbaugh was our Quarterback.

Build the monster? We can't even make the playoffs, let alone win the AFC South or sweet the Jaguars.

As long as Pagano is here I refuse to sit through another painful season. Andrew Luck will lose another season in his prime due to poor coaching and a team that lacks talent.

Jim Irsay needs to sell the team to someone who actually wants to win. Chuck Pagano is a terrible coach and gets out-coached almost weekly. We constantly come out flat and are playing from behind week after week. This team is soft and lacks killer instinct.

I could go on for hours, but I'm sure you all feel the same way I do.

I'm with you that Pagano is probably not the coach that we need.  He needs to make more adjustments on offense to protect luck, namely more short passing plays.  The line was better this year, but still.  Luck will live a lot longer if Pagano makes those adjustments.  Grigson's misses on defense in his first few years has really been a big set back. The 2015 class has been good but whiffing on #1 and #2 really sucks.  The 2016 draft thus far has given reason to be hopeful.  If he can find a good pass rusher, if not in the 1st, then at least a situational guy in the 2nd, another ILB and solid CB, it could really improve our defense.  We'll see.  

I don't think our defensive planning has been as bad as offense, but it could use some improvement as well.  It could be better than it was the past 2 years had we drafted better in 2013 and 2014, but that's in the past and we can't do much about it.  I'm not really sure what we have in Manachino yet, and part of that is because he hasn't had much to work with.  We brought him in, and used our biggest draft and FA resources on offense with the lone 2nd round pick used on a project safety who I'm not sold on yet (and we knew it would take quite a bit of time to develop him, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet).

This draft will be telling and I hope our defense can improve while the offense makes more strides, because it will need to carry the team.  Pagano's retention is cause for concern, sure.  But all hope is not lost.

7 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Hell even Madden now has different variations of the 3-4 and 4-3. lol

lol I must confess I have not bought a Madden game since 2014, and even then, I bought a used copy of the 2012 version.  Over time, the more games I play, the more they stay the same.  There's those once in a console type of games and I keep track of those in case I'm looking for something new to play - it's never a sports game though.  I just stick with my NES and SNES because at least with those, I get the nostalgia factor.