Reactions to Pagano's presser [Merge]

Jackie Daytona

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I was on chucks side seeing as the NFL is a players league and we don't have a ton of talent. Which is mostly on grigson but after week 17 we need to hit the reset button while luck is still young 

80% of the problem is due to Grigson not supplying the groceries.  Chuck can coach, the players love him.  He's no worse than at least 25 of the other coaches in the league.  

We're where we're at now, no going back to correct bad personnel moves.  So we better hope Grigson has seen the light if he's staying.  I have to admit, I'm happy with last years draft.  

This presser gave me no hope that this team will do better in all three phrases. The grit on display here was from a man that honestly looks like he's had it with this team too, and is just here for a paycheck, or until Irsay brings the hammer down. At this point, I don't think Pagano cares. The look on his face when the reporter mentioned something like "Yeah. You guys won yesterday but many would argue the end result is that you failed to deliver this season. Has Irsay said anything about that?" told the story. 

I'm not confident. This team is a product of lack of talent and lack of coaching. Last year Chuck basically blamed the team's problems on his assistants by firing all of them and they looked even worse this year. If lack of talent was the true meaning then there was no need to clean house like that. 

Our goal has shifted from competing for a Super Bowl to now just competing for the AFC South. 

4 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

This presser gave me no hope that this team will do better in all three phrases. The grit on display here was from a man that honestly looks like he's had it with this team too, and is just here for a paycheck, or until Irsay brings the hammer down. At this point, I don't think Pagano cares. The look on his face when the reporter mentioned something like "Yeah. You guys won yesterday but many would argue the end result is that you failed to deliver this season. Has Irsay said anything about that?" told the story. 

Noticed that too. His demeanor seems like he doesn't care or is untouchable 

21 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I was on chucks side seeing as the NFL is a players league and we don't have a ton of talent. Which is mostly on grigson but after week 17 we need to hit the reset button while luck is still young 

We have more talent. Ow than the AFCCG team 2 yrs ago so 

17 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I'm not confident. This team is a product of lack of talent and lack of coaching. Last year Chuck basically blamed the team's problems on his assistants by firing all of them and they looked even worse this year. If lack of talent was the true meaning then there was no need to clean house like that. 

Our goal has shifted from competing for a Super Bowl to now just competing for the AFC South. 

That's true and a good point. 

If the Titans and Texans get any better in the draft I don't see how we even win 8 games next season. And the Jags are just a competent coach away from being able to sweep us. 

I dont think Pagano and Grigson are ready for that. It seems like the Colts winning gets harder when the division gets better. 

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

80% of the problem is due to Grigson not supplying the groceries.  Chuck can coach, the players love him.  He's no worse than at least 25 of the other coaches in the league.  

We're where we're at now, no going back to correct bad personnel moves.  So we better hope Grigson has seen the light if he's staying.  I have to admit, I'm happy with last years draft.  

I agree with you last year draft is showing promise, but we absolutely have to get this off season right, 

41 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

We have more talent. Ow than the AFCCG team 2 yrs ago so 

We lost Reggie Wayne. He was maybe IMO looking back "the key" at times to our early success under Luck in those years. I truly sometimes even believe that. His leadership and fire is truly missed as well even if his play eventually did decline.

I don't think anything is set yet.  

Chuck may go and Grigson may go, they may both stay, or one goes-one stays.

Either way, here's what I don't want:

1) Little to no activity in FA or a FA consisting of older players.   Let's address the needs, especially in OLB and CB.   A NT might be good, too.

2) A draft consisting overrated players (for example, Dorsett-good but not a first rounder), Werner.

3) A draft that doesn't address our needs adequately.  I'll say that last year's draft was Grigson's best one (not counting the Luck pick in 2012).  He did fill some holes but Pass Rush/OLB was ignored until UDFA's.  

3 hours ago, Jules said:

We lost Reggie Wayne. He was maybe IMO looking back "the key" at times to our early success under Luck in those years. I truly sometimes even believe that. His leadership and fire is truly missed as well even if his play eventually did decline.

cory redding too

6 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

I don't think anything is set yet.  

Chuck may go and Grigson may go, they may both stay, or one goes-one stays.

Either way, here's what I don't want:

1) Little to no activity in FA or a FA consisting of older players.   Let's address the needs, especially in OLB and CB.   A NT might be good, too.

2) A draft consisting overrated players (for example, Dorsett-good but not a first rounder), Werner.

3) A draft that doesn't address our needs adequately.  I'll say that last year's draft was Grigson's best one (not counting the Luck pick in 2012).  He did fill some holes but Pass Rush/OLB was ignored until UDFA's.  

There will no doubt be action in FA. We'll be letting Cole and Jackson go for sure. Jones , Reitz , Gore and Waldron also in the mix to save 2017 cap room. Maybe an extension or two possible , but you're looking at probably 60 mill in FA money. 

Where I agree with you those "safe" signings that are with older players and only involve a year or two of committed cap space have to go. They for sure didn't work out. Either spend a bunch on a couple impact guys or roll the dice with a young guy that might be a late bloomer.

Well, it goes in periods of two, since 2011, the AFC South. 2011-2012 the Texans, 2013-2014 the Colts, then 2015-2016 the Texans again. As long as we have a gift like the AFC South that keeps on giving, the true inadequacies of the roster and coaching will not stare at you clear in the face unless you look beneath the surface. 

Hopefully whatever decision they make is well thought out, and given the time it's taking, I'm optimistic it will be.  Even if Pagano and Grigson return, it won't be without some clear plans in place laid out in front of Jim.

Ultimately, I just want the Colts with a punchers' chance to make the SB from the AFC, I truly don't care how we get there.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm curious now. Irsay is unusually quiet. Pagano had his press conference but even he hadn't talked to Irsay

Right! Nothing is being leaked and Irsay was supposed to meet with dumb and dumber later tonight so why are we not hearing anything? 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Right! Nothing is being leaked and Irsay was supposed to meet with dumb and dumber later tonight so why are we not hearing anything? 

And Monday is usually the day where owners talk about the state of th team. Pretty much all the owners who had some coaching concerns came out and spoke or confirmed who will be back. I wonder if he's making plans...

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

And Monday is usually the day where owners talk about the state of th team. Pretty much all the owners who had some coaching concerns came out and spoke or confirmed who will be back. I wonder if he's making plans...

I hope so that Pagano presser made me wanna put my head through a wall 

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

So Chuck is pretty much just a jag as a coach?  Why is that acceptable?