Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Awful performance by Colts.....fans

imacoltfan

Wow, Colts fans are an embarrassment. Do not tell me they are big league at all. Once again, Pittsburgh fans take over the stadium. First it was Tenn. in 1999, then in 2005 playoffs I felt like I was in Heinz Field. Didn't think it could be worse until tonight. I'm glad Marvin, Tony and the players from 2006 complimented the fans....they were being polite. Hope those that sold their tickets did well. Disgrace. 

I've been to Colts vs Steelers games and Bengals vs Steelers games. It's always like that...

It's widely known that the Steelers have a large following of traveling fans, as well as old school fans of the steel curtain days throughout the nation. It often looks like a home game wherever they play. 

I don't think I've ever seen any Pittsburgh road game that wasn't at least 20 % + Steeler fans.

Plus, with Andrew's injury, I'm sure a lot of Colts fans decided to skip out on this contest and sold their tickets (mostly to Pittsburgh fans).

But god I hate the city of Pittsburgh. Steelers, Penguins, Pirates. All of it can go in the traaaaaaaaaaash haha 

I agree,  I've got 2 buddy's that had tickets and where talking about selling them to steelers fans. I told both of them how I felt about it. Just gives the visiting team a a little more advantage every time a home fan does that. But thats just my opinion and I understand they can do whatever they want with THEIR tickets. 

Yeah. Wouldn't it be an awful world if there was some magical way fans from anywhere in the world could buy tickets to any event? Like, this invisible net of information connecting us all together where you could buy anything at all under the sun. Like a World Wide Web of stuff. But of course I'm only dreaming aloud here...

Who am I kidding? That would be silly. Even if people from out of town could buy tickets how would they even get here? It's not like there are these magical mechanical devices that can transport us over long distances in short amounts of time.

What kind of mad world would that be to live in?

Why is this ridiculous topic not locked?

10 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah. Wouldn't it be an awful world if there was some magical way fans from anywhere in the world could buy tickets to any event? Like, this invisible net of information connecting us all together where you could buy anything at all under the sun. Like a World Wide Web of stuff. But of course I'm only dreaming aloud here...

Who am I kidding? That would be silly. Even if people from out of town could buy tickets how would they even get here? It's not like there are these magical mechanical devices that can transport us over long distances in short amounts of time.

You obviously had help writing that. 

You obviously had help writing that. 

Sadly I'm not the one that needs the help.

1 hour ago, imacoltfan said:

Wow, Colts fans are an embarrassment. Do not tell me they are big league at all. Once again, Pittsburgh fans take over the stadium. First it was Tenn. in 1999, then in 2005 playoffs I felt like I was in Heinz Field. Didn't think it could be worse until tonight. I'm glad Marvin, Tony and the players from 2006 complimented the fans....they were being polite. Hope those that sold their tickets did well. Disgrace. 

Indy fans are docile and they have a soft team which reflects them.  Colts have hardly fielded a good defensive team in the Indy era. You can count them on one hand. 

1 hour ago, imacoltfan said:

Ever been to a Colts away game?

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Colts fans always sell their tickets to opposing teams fans. It never fails. 

Ticket scalpers also buy large number of tickets and sell them to the highest bidder.  Also lots of fans resell them through stub hub or some place like that where they have no idea whose buying the tickets.  Also lots of season ticket holders will sell one game or two to help pay for season tickets and the Steelers game was going to draw the most money of just about any home game on the Colts schedule this year.  Add in the fact today was a night game a major holiday I am sure some fans were willing to part with tickets because they had other more important places to be.  

This has become a common place for all sports, not just the Colts.  I went to the Colts Packers game a few weeks ago and let me tell you there was a large amount of blue and white at Lambo.  Pretty much in today's world if a fans wants to go to a game he or she can If they can afford it because people selling the tickets really have no clue whose buying them.

On 11/25/2016 at 0:48 AM, John Waylon said:

My neighbor is a season ticket holder.  Told me 

1.) you don't know who is buying the tickets

2.) He got offered $1K for his seats to last nights game

A thousand dollars is pretty hard to turn down, especially when you are staring the holidays in the face and have a kid in college

10 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

Colts fans aren't paid to perform anything. 

11 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

I'm assuming you don't buy tickets do you?    If not you should have no opinion. 

:edit: content removed}

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

My neighbor is a season ticket holder.  Told me he told himself 

1.) you don't know who is buying the tickets

2.) He got offered $1K for his seats to last nights game

A thousand dollars is pretty hard to turn down, especially when you are staring the holidays in the face and have a kid in college

Nadine I get it. 

1. If you put the tickets up for sale odds are a Steeler fan and not a Jaguar fan is buying them. 

2. If you need to sell a ticket due to the Holidays or tuition, you shouldn't be buying Season tickets.

Been going to games since early 2000s. I was the kid who stands most the game lol. Colts fans aren't diehard like some stadiums. They honestly believe clapping is what your supposed to do while your team is on D. Personally it annoys me about people selling important game tickets due to the fact they can make a profit. They do this anytime it arises. Now some of you are trying to rationalize it, but either way colts fans we can do better with yelling at the stadium. People in Seattle and KC yell their faces off all game.... people in indy *golf clap*  SMH!

1 minute ago, life long said:

Been going to games since early 2000s. I was the kid who stands most the game lol. Colts fans aren't diehard like some stadiums. They honestly believe clapping is what your supposed to do while your team is on D. Personally it annoys me about people selling important game tickets due to the fact they can make a profit. They do this anytime it arises. Now some of you are trying to rationalize it, but either way colts fans we can do better with yelling at the stadium. People in Seattle and KC yell their faces off all game.... people in indy *golf clap*  SMH!

This should be a 15-foot birdie putt

3 minutes ago, imacoltfan said:

Nadine I get it. 

1. If you put the tickets up for sale odds are a Steeler fan and not a Jaguar fan is buying them. 

2. If you need to sell a ticket due to the Holidays or tuition, you shouldn't be buying Season tickets.

1.  Or another Colts fan I've bought several tickets off stubhub or other secondary market webpages.

2.  If you have something worth $100 and someone offers you $1000 for it most people will make that deal regardless of their financial situation.

11 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

Are you a season ticket holder? 

10 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

These threads are hysterical.

1) Never a good idea to say how someone else should spend their money / use their resources (tickets)

2) Pittsburgh fans travel well.  Plus it was a holiday and I am sure several folks had already made their travel plans before the schedule was announced.  Plus there was Luck's injury.  Bottom line, If you were at all surprised  then you were not paying attention.

3) I have bought tickets and traveled to many a Colts away games so it hard for me to complain about Colts fans selling their tickets when I have acquired many in the same manner from other team's fans.

4) I would wager a pretty penny that most complaining about this are people who don't pay for tickets anyway thus making their comments really kind of pointless. 

5) My wife and I are season ticket holders and missed the game because of a family vacation down in Florida.  My first call to see if someone wanted to go to the game with our face value tickets is the guy who watches our dogs and who happens to be a Steelers fan.  Thought it would be cool for him to see his team play in person.  Turns out he already had scored some tix but if he had taken ours, I would have felt not bad at all about getting rid of them to a Pittsburgh fan.

In other words, lame thread.

24 minutes ago, imacoltfan said:

Nadine I get it. 

Point # 2 is categorically dumb.  You should stay away from saying how or what somebody else spends their money on.

23 minutes ago, imacoltfan said:

Please educate me. What is butthurt? Are you 12?

Lol pretty much everything in your OP. "Oh, you fans are a disgrace! boo hoo! i hate seeing steelers fans. waaah!" how about you take a look in the mirror and grow up. its tickets that adults paid for. they can do what they please with them.