Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne weighs in

SkyBane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on his side at this point. Got to get the ball moving right away.

I've been torn on this because I think an efficient and steady offense can help protect your defense. The Colts don't have an efficient and steady offense, though. Seeing as how the offense is still the best unit on the team, though, I think it's beyond time to start prioritizing the offense, and then maybe they'll be able to play well from the start of the game. It's not like the defense has been playing any better as a result of a slower game anyway...

I think we all have known this for awhile. Figuring out the magic formula to not suck while screwing around with screens and runs in to the teeth of the front 7/8 is the question for the offense. I think some of the skill position players may be a bit overvalued by the fans. Lots of dropped balls today. 

18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think we all have known this for awhile. Figuring out the magic formula to not suck while screwing around with screens and runs in to the teeth of the front 7/8 is the question for the offense. I think some of the skill position players may be a bit overvalued by the fans. Lots of dropped balls today. 

Dorsett and Allen are trash. There was a multitude of plays that we had Chester instead of Dorsett in the game, hopefully it's because he was injured. It's pathetic and mind boggling that we took him. 

I've been calling for us to start the game in the hurry up. You get Luck and our receivers in a rhythm and you wear the defense out early and watch our run game improve later in the game. I'm gonna keep posting my suggestions and see what the results are if the team ever implements them. I think you'll see us become a dominant team or at the very least a consistent 10-12 win team.  My other suggestions are taking on a mindset where we get Gore 15 carries and Turbin 10 carries (looks like I was right about Gore leaving a lot of yards on the field the previous weeks. He was looking for and hitting the cutback lanes today. Would like to see what Turbin could do with some of those lanes).  Another suggestion, stop playing favorites and play the right guys at the right times. Ego's be damned. So Allen should never be in on 3rd or 4th and necessary over Doyle unless it's a run. Allen, Ferguson, and anybody not named Hilton should not get more targets than Dorsett.... Houston has made Will Fuller a featured player and he's looking like a star and that's with Hopkins on the team...  Why aren't we doing the same with Dorsett???

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Dorsett and Allen are trash. There was a multitude of plays that we had Chester instead of Dorsett in the game, hopefully it's because he was injured. It's pathetic and mind boggling that we took him. 

Neither are trash,   take a breath

We did start the game in hurry-up when Peyton was here..

...but understand...that you wear the lineman out.....Of course, Reggie loved the hurry up

For him its all good..

I think we could hurt the weak-secondary Bears with a hurry up..

...but understand that WRs and RBs go in and out of the game..O-linemen don't and cant

17 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I've been calling for us to start the game in the hurry up. You get Luck and our receivers in a rhythm and you wear the defense out early and watch our run game improve later in the game. I'm gonna keep posting my suggestions and see what the results are if the team ever implements them. I think you'll see us become a dominant team or at the very least a consistent 10-12 win team.  My other suggestions are taking on a mindset where we get Gore 15 carries and Turbin 10 carries (looks like I was right about Gore leaving a lot of yards on the field the previous weeks. He was looking for and hitting the cutback lanes today. Would like to see what Turbin could do with some of those lanes).  Another suggestion, stop playing favorites and play the right guys at the right times. Ego's be damned. So Allen should never be in on 3rd or 4th and necessary over Doyle unless it's a run. Allen, Ferguson, and anybody not named Hilton should not get more targets than Dorsett.... Houston has made Will Fuller a featured player and he's looking like a star and that's with Hopkins on the team...  Why aren't we doing the same with Dorsett???

Our coaches never adjust their playcalling to accent the players' strengths, and rarely adjust when things are working/aren't working. I really thought with Chud coming in that would change, but it hasn't really. 

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Neither are trash,   take a breath

Tbh with you jvan, I'm completely calm. I'm just calling it like I see it. They're not literal trash but I'll say Allen was way overpaid(avoidable or not) and Dorsett was either overdrafted, a very slow developer, has no desire to step up and shine or just isn't a good player aside from deep ball ability. 

I think even you are frustrated with the way this team is going. Based on your topic where you entertained the idea of trading Luck for Dak/Dallas Online. 

It's obvious we have problems and I'm just trying to point out two of them that bug me during the games  

48 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm on his side at this point. Got to get the ball moving right away.

I've been torn on this because I think an efficient and steady offense can help protect your defense. The Colts don't have an efficient and steady offense, though. Seeing as how the offense is still the best unit on the team, though, I think it's beyond time to start prioritizing the offense, and then maybe they'll be able to play well from the start of the game. It's not like the defense has been playing any better as a result of a slower game anyway...

Where have you been ?

38 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

NFL talent level is serious when "trash" can score 64 yard TD's...... they've come a long way Gabby

5 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

NFL talent level is serious when "trash" can score 64 yard TD's...... they've come a long way Gabby

Dorssett literally did nothing on that play but run straight. Go watch it again. Every WR in the NFL can do that. 

8 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

This is an even bigger problem with the offensive game plan, and it has to be coming from Chuck.

I think you have it right there, offensive  game plan looks the same as when Pep Hamilton was here! Now that  Grigson was told to stop meddling with coaching and game plan decisions we now have the Monster  Chuck Paganao Cheerleader!

35 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Tbh with you jvan, I'm completely calm. I'm just calling it like I see it. They're not literal trash but I'll say Allen was way overpaid(avoidable or not) and Dorsett was either overdrafted, a very slow developer, has no desire to step up and shine or just isn't a good player aside from deep ball ability. 

I think even you are frustrated with the way this team is going. Based on your topic where you entertained the idea of trading Luck for Dak/Dallas Online. 

It's obvious we have problems and I'm just trying to point out two of them that bug me during the games  

I'll agree on Allen. And that's bout it

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I've been here. Not a lot to talk about, IMO, without saying the same things and have the same discussions/arguments.

Yeah. Just wait, if we loose next week to the bears........gulp this forum will literally explode

Regarding the wariness of running a full time hurry up, and it's affects on the offensive line and defense, why don't they just start games with the hurry up, to try to establish control, momentum, and most importantly, the lead. That way the team can hopefully overcome it's slow starts, and put less pressure on the defense by having them ahead (for once). If they can attain a lead, they can slow it down and give their offensive line a breather. If things get hairy, they can turn back to the hurry up. 

I'm not saying this plan is perfect. It's REALLY flawed, as it's kinda conservative, and if they mess it up, they'd be in all kinds of trouble. However we're just not good enough, personnel wise, to be aggressive. And so far, nothing else has worked.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm not a fan of Allen but there are a good amount of times when other WRs like Dorsett are open but Luck is locked in on TY

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

But we have to establish the run

In order to establish a run game we need to have an O line. Just think of how many good QB's and running backs we've had that could have won super bos and broke many records but couldn't because colts are notorious for not putting an O line togethar!!!

4 minutes ago, Tony.douglas219 said:

Just think of how many good QB's and running backs we've had that could have won super bos and broke many records but couldn't because colts are notorious for not putting an O line togethar!!!

I can't think of one.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Yes ... it is what it is and it isn't pretty. 

To me, it's a mediocre roster, with some glaring bald spots and a bunch of injuries.

And the coaching is mediocre. That's the thing that bugs me, because I believed that the Colts needed to coach to a very high standard this year, going back to camp, and that's not happening and apparently hasn't been happening. 

So you have a mediocre roster underperforming due to substandard coaching, and the result is this. 

7 minutes ago, Tony.douglas219 said:

We've had Jeff george, Jim harbaugh, Marshall faulk, Eric dickerson also Peyton manning and edgri james? Those two alone should have had more rings just didn't have the line to protect them 

LOL

Jeff George and Jim Harbaugh combined to play for 12 teams besides the Colts. Those players failing to win SBs isn't the Colts' fault.

The Colts actually had a good enough OL with Faulk, Dickerson and Edge. The Colts didn't fail to win SBs with those players because of deficient line play. More like deficient defense, deficient coaching, deficient QBing. In the later Faulk years and all of the Edge years, the OL was actually a strength. 

The OL didn't fall off until 2008. It's been too long, and it's ridiculous that the problem has spanned two front offices and three coaching staffs, but it hasn't been as long as you're trying to make it seem.

And what's more, the Colts did some good things on the OL this offseason. We'll see how it goes, but between Mewhort -- who is having a great season so far, and isn't even 100% -- and the 2016 class, there are some nice young pieces that are expected to get to the heart of the OL problem. 

16 minutes ago, Tony.douglas219 said:

We've had Jeff george, Jim harbaugh, Marshall faulk, Eric dickerson also Peyton manning and edgri james? Those two alone should have had more rings just didn't have the line to protect them 

Good lord. Jeff g in same bunch with manning.

1 hour ago, Moe said:

I think you have it right there, offensive  game plan looks the same as when Pep Hamilton was here! Now that  Grigson was told to stop meddling with coaching and game plan decisions we now have the Monster  Chuck Paganao Cheerleader!

I am a little concerned that this is true. Was Chud instructing Pep on what to call and when and Pep played into Chuds experience? This team looks so lost. I'm almost afraid we've went from the winner mentality team with Manning to a defeated team under Luck. It almost feels like a worse team than the Jeff George years at the moment and there isn't one person at fault, it's an entire collection of issues. 

I once was mostly on board with the reset hire of Pags but I'm not so sure that wasn't a really bad idea as he doesn't seem to bring anything to this team except as a cheerleader. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

To me, it's a mediocre roster, with some glaring bald spots and a bunch of injuries.

And the coaching is mediocre. That's the thing that bugs me, because I believed that the Colts needed to coach to a very high standard this year, going back to camp, and that's not happening and apparently hasn't been happening. 

So you have a mediocre roster underperforming due to substandard coaching, and the result is this. 

Yep. The roster and coaching is at best mediocre. Almost "kind" to call it that. And the injuries are no doubt real. The whole right side of the O line is now out. Thornton , Good and Rietz . Plus Costanzo gets beat at an unacceptable rate. Then add to it bad tackling , stupid penalties , no pass rush and can't cover underneath stuff. Like you said , what's the point of beating this dead horse. Crazy thing is looking at the schedule , we could still win the division.