Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady commits yet another equipment violation

bababooey

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/nfl-has-no-comment-about-tom-bradys-nfl-logo-free-helmet/

During the only two 2016 preseason games in which Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played, the NFL logo had been removed from his helmet. The NFL’s Uniform Policy expressly requires that the logo appear on the “lower-left exterior” of the helmet.

46 minutes ago, bababooey said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/nfl-has-no-comment-about-tom-bradys-nfl-logo-free-helmet/

During the only two 2016 preseason games in which Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played, the NFL logo had been removed from his helmet. The NFL’s Uniform Policy expressly requires that the logo appear on the “lower-left exterior” of the helmet.

can't even go through preseason without breaking rules. Geez, so since this is the 2nd offense on equipment, doesnt this mean he's out for the season? it should

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Gotta have that NFL sticker on the helmet!  How else are people going to know with which company these players are affiliated?

/sarcasm...I think some of the NFL uniform policies are ridiculous.  Still, a rule is a rule. 

Truth.  I think Frank Gore got fined a few years ago because his socks weren't high enough.  Some of the uniform rules are a little too much

Not that this specific incident is a big deal, but as far as enforcing uniform rules, the NFL has to be harsh about it.

Could you imagine what a game would look like if all of these players could adjust their uniform to "express their individual personality".

It would look like a freak show.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not that this specific incident is a big deal, but as far as enforcing uniform rules, the NFL has to be harsh about it.

Could you imagine what a game would look like if all of these players could adjust their uniform to "express their individual personality".

It would look like a freak show.

Kinda like it when they wear pink? :scratch::D

10 hours ago, bababooey said:

Brady was feeling deflated & was  protesting oppression he probably also was wearing a T-Shirt with Castro on it as well as socks with lil piggies on them ,

11 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Brady was feeling deflated & was  protesting oppression he probably also was wearing a T-Shirt with Castro on it as well as socks with lil piggies on them ,

I think Brady should protest his own haircut personally. Man that thing is a mop. I guess you can look however you want though when you have Gisele.

13 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Once a cheater always...................

Lol

haha   but to be clear,  removing a decal is not cheating,  it's just a violation of the rules, and it was clearly intentional.   Yeah, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but a bit childish.   He'll probably be fined, and obviously doesn't care.

This is not really a big deal to me. But I just heard Brady interviewed on the pregame show tonight on the radio and Tom said he was unaware and had nothing to do with the decal missing. Seriously Tom? The only player in the entire league who had his decal missing for 2 straight preseason games didn't know the decal was missing? Tom must think everyone is stupid if he thinks anybody will believe that.

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

This is not really a big deal to me. But I just heard Brady interviewed on the pregame show tonight on the radio and Tom said he was unaware and had nothing to do with the decal missing. Seriously Tom? The only player in the entire league who had his decal missing for 2 straight preseason games didn't know the decal was missing? Tom must think everyone is stupid if he thinks anybody will believe that.

I think it's a given that Tom Brady thinks everyone else is stupid. Hard to blame him when you read and hear what comes out of the sports media over there. haha

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Deflator did it.

I want to take a different perspective to all this:

If Tom Brady didn't remove the sticker (as he purportedly claims), then who did? Was it a teammate pulling a prank on him? Was it one of the equipment staff who hates him?

I find it hard to believe the helmet didn't have a NFL sticker not once, but twice in two weeks. Even if the sticker fell off one week, doesn't the equipment manager check player's helmets, especially the QB's, before games? The QB helmets are often outfitted with listening devices (as denoted by the green sticker on the back of their helmets), so it's shocking to me they'd overlook the NFL sticker on a QB helmet, of all things, especially for a man who's come under so much scrutiny. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't add up. Someone did this intentionally.

15 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Why is this a big deal? 

I think you guys are so obsessed with the Pats, you'll look for any little nitpick thing over them. 

It's because it draws parallels to the deflated footballs, even though it's not as severe. I have to question how incompetent the Patriots equipment staff are if they're making this many mistakes.

Hey, I mean it's not just us. It's on front page Yahoo news, so it's not like we're the only ones talking about it :thmup:.

Y3fBCvS.jpg