Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sio Moore suffered a serious hamstring injury

RockThatBlue

11 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

That's not good at all.  It wouldn't shock me if we never find out how long he's going to be out for.  I could see a "Difficult hamstring injury and he'll be out 3-12 weeks."

Seems like when we hear week to week about a colts player it ends up being a few months haha

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Seems like when we hear week to week about a colts player it ends up being a few months haha

Yeah next game, last time second decision not to play Andrew Luck and they'll think of some story.  haha

Andrew was involved in a Volcanic disaster, he's probably going to be out 2 weeks to 10 years. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm expecting that at some point in the pre-season,  the Colts will put Moore on the PUP list and he'll miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

I'm guessing that seems like a somewhat reasonable time table......

But it's just a guess.........

Yeah that stinks. What is up with all of these players getting injured throughout the league? I am glad TY is ok, when he came up hobbling the other night I was thinking the worst.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that stinks. What is up with all of these players getting injured throughout the league? I am glad TY is ok, when he came up hobbling the other night I was thinking the worst.

The injuries are common at the start of training camp.     Guys go from having 7 weeks off to playing nearly full speed pretty quickly and the dents and the dings happen fast.

Compounding matters,  it really poured in Buffalo Saturday,  and Moore may have been badly impacted by a very soggy field.....     I don't know this for a fact,  but considering how hard it rained,  it seems a reasonable assumption.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Its kind of ironic that the NFL keeps putting more rules that are supposed to make the game safer year after year, yet it seems like there are more injuries every year. The new rules seem to be having the opposite effect as to what they were intended to do.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The injuries are common at the start of training camp.     Guys go from having 7 weeks off to playing nearly full speed pretty quickly and the dents and the dings happen fast.

Compounding matters,  it really poured in Buffalo Saturday,  and Moore may have been badly impacted by a very soggy field.....     I don't know this for a fact,  but considering how hard it rained,  it seems a reasonable assumption.

Yeah the weather stunk. Buffalo can be a tough place to play at times. I just see all of these other guys getting injured like Rankins, Ragland and Billings and they are rookies. I seen where Gronk limped off today as well.

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its kind of ironic that the NFL keeps putting more rules that are supposed to make the game safer year after year, yet it seems like there are more injuries every year. The new rules seem to be having the opposite effect as to what they were intended to do.

Yeah it seems that way. I hope the Colts can get through the rest of the pre-season with no more injuries.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

You may be right,  but at this point, I'm not sure that's a known fact.

It may just seem like it's true.      But I'd love to hear from both the NFL and the NFLPA if it is indeed true.    Are there more injuries the last few years?      Or have steps toward greater safety helped in any way?

Inquiring minds would love to know......!

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right,  but at this point, I'm not sure that's a known fact.

It may just seem like it's true.      But I'd love to hear from both the NFL and the NFLPA if it is indeed true.    Are there more injuries the last few years?      Or have steps toward greater safety helped in any way?

Inquiring minds would love to know......!

I think it's better this year. No season ending injuries for any rookies yet. Most of the PUP guys are people who had late surgery to fix a nasty injury. So far the biggest injury has been IK Enkempali out with the ACL tear. 

Last year was terrible. There were like 6 ACL tears in TC and pre-season to notable players.

10 minutes ago, Everyone said:

The Colts apparently love Edwin Jackson, I'd like to see how he does with more snaps.

He reminded me of DQ in the little bit that I watched him. I'd like to see a larger sample. Looks a little slow maybe...It's still early, so that probably isn't a fair statement

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

That's the well-known law of unintended consequences. In a race to provide more football playing opportunities, is the system purposely designed to knock out a certain percentage of existing players?

23 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

He reminded me of DQ in the little bit that I watched him. I'd like to see a larger sample. Looks a little slow maybe...It's still early, so that probably isn't a fair statement

I def agree with him being a little raw but he isn't slow at all lol, he may hesitate a bit but he was flying all over the field.

5 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

It's making players to soft and I don't think players are in shape as much as before. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm expecting that at some point in the pre-season,  the Colts will put Moore on the PUP list and he'll miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

I'm guessing that seems like a somewhat reasonable time table......

But it's just a guess.........

PUP is not an option for Moore.  To be PUP eligible, a player is not allowed to have played or even practiced in training camp.  Their choices would be to put him on IR or hold his roster spot on the 53 until he is ready.  The other option would be IR with designation to return but I doubt Moore would be a player they use that on.

15 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

PUP is not an option for Moore.  To be PUP eligible, a player is not allowed to have played or even practiced in training camp.  Their choices would be to put him on IR or hold his roster spot on the 53 until he is ready.  The other option would be IR with designation to return but I doubt Moore would be a player they use that on.

They don't have to designate anymore.  That was one of the rule changes this offseason.  I was kind of surprised this rule change seemed to have gotten overlooked because it's a pretty big deal imo.  Teams no longer have to worry about designating a player for IR Return.  They can simply put players on IR, and then bring one player back so long as he's been on IR for at least 8 weeks.  

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/3/23/11290692/nfl-changes-ir-designated-to-return-rule-2016

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think it's better this year. No season ending injuries for any rookies yet. Most of the PUP guys are people who had late surgery to fix a nasty injury. So far the biggest injury has been IK Enkempali out with the ACL tear. 

Last year was terrible. There were like 6 ACL tears in TC and pre-season to notable players.

Rankins.

2 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Time table is 6-8 weeks for his recovery according to reports. Hardly a lost season at this point. Could be back by week 4 at the earliest (highly doubtful but even if he didn't come back til week 9 he will still have half a season)

Well that's good. I hadn't seen any update after it came out he broke his fibula. I was assuming he'd probably be lost for the year, but that's good news.