Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sio Moore suffered a serious hamstring injury

RockThatBlue

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

Well that's good. I hadn't seen any update after it came out he broke his fibula. I was assuming he'd probably be lost for the year, but that's good news.

I don't think it's a for sure timetable yet, just an estimate.  It really depends on where he broke it and what they have to do as far as putting it back together. Won't know for sure til he has his surgery. There is a small chance he doesn't play this year but 6-8 weeks is the likely outcome. I hope it's not a lost season for him. I had high hopes for him and he looked good vs NE (although it was only a small sample size). 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know enemkpali is just a depth piece that may of not made the team. Guy who punched Geno Smith, lol. How long is Lawson out for?

They are hoping he's back by week 1, so not a long time,  but enough that they were worried enough about the position to go out and sign kroy Biermann yesterday.  

1 minute ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

They are hoping he's back by week 1, so not a long time,  but enough that they were worried enough about the position to go out and sign kroy Biermann yesterday.  

Ah I see. He'll probably be fine then. I think Sio is the only bad injury we've had so far, just a lot of nagging injuries mostly.

19 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Are you sure?  The reports I saw said Inemkpali tore his ACL.  Serious knee injury after Joe Haeg took him to the wood shed.

23 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

My bad I didn't read your post thoroughly!!!!

Glad we should get to see the both of them compete against Joe Flacco.  IF we can get something positive out of Smith, Mitchel, and also it appears Darius White may have have some promise.  Maybe those three guys playing well will be enough to send Butler packing.  Not sure how big the chances are of cutting bait with Butler but hopefully it will cross Pagano and Grigsons mind.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm expecting that at some point in the pre-season,  the Colts will put Moore on the PUP list and he'll miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

I'm guessing that seems like a somewhat reasonable time table......

But it's just a guess.........

Once a player practices with his team at training camp, all PUP options are off the table:  Active PUP (Pre-Season) and Reserve PUP (Regular Season). So, no PUP list for Sio, and he'll count as one of the 53 men on the roster.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right,  but at this point, I'm not sure that's a known fact.

It may just seem like it's true.      But I'd love to hear from both the NFL and the NFLPA if it is indeed true.    Are there more injuries the last few years?      Or have steps toward greater safety helped in any way?

Inquiring minds would love to know......!

It would be interesting to see how many injuries happen after all these rules to prevent injuries were put in place. But I have no clue if such a list exists.

8 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

It's making players to soft and I don't think players are in shape as much as before. 

Guys are in better shape than ever.  Guys in the past didn't do crap until training camp.....cept drink beer maybe.

16 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its kind of ironic that the NFL keeps putting more rules that are supposed to make the game safer year after year, yet it seems like there are more injuries every year. The new rules seem to be having the opposite effect as to what they were intended to do.

I've been thinking the same thing. Especially with the off season schedules being limited. I think it boils down to trying to rush into football shape. These pros are getting less prep time than most highschoolers

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm expecting that at some point in the pre-season,  the Colts will put Moore on the PUP list and he'll miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

I'm guessing that seems like a somewhat reasonable time table......

But it's just a guess.........

Turns out,  my hunch is wrong.     Moore can't be placed on the PUP list as has now been explained to me in this thread by several posters.    Thanks for the good 411....   always appreciate that.

As for Moore?      Whether we carry him for a bit or put him on the IR depends, I guess, on several factors.

1.    How long will Moore be out?

2.    How good are the back-ups?

Moving parts.....     we likely won't know for a while....

Pardon the negativity but Irving is trash, Moore is trash as well. Neither has proven anything really. With injuries to the two trashy injury prone linebackers, why not just go with the rookies. It really doesn't look as if we can coach up a defense/players anyway. I'm about fed up with this sorry defense we put out on the field every season. Just * poor.

Again, pardon my negativity. Had to get that off my chest.

Go Colts

1 hour ago, Mr_486lo said:

Pardon the negativity but Irving is trash, Moore is trash as well. Neither has proven anything really. With injuries to the two trashy injury prone linebackers, why not just go with the rookies. It really doesn't look as if we can coach up a defense/players anyway. I'm about fed up with this sorry defense we put out on the field every season. Just * poor.

Go Colts

When healthy Irving is pretty good. Of course, he hasn't really been healthy with us yet until now. He certainly has a good shot to show us something since Moore will probably be out for a while.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Turns out,  my hunch is wrong.     Moore can't be placed on the PUP list as has now been explained to me in this thread by several posters.    Thanks for the good 411....   always appreciate that.

As for Moore?      Whether we carry him for a bit or put him on the IR depends, I guess, on several factors.

1.    How long will Moore be out?

2.    How good are the back-ups?

Moving parts.....     we likely won't know for a while....

What I'm trying to understand is exactly how long can a significant hamstring injury last?  I can't see it being something that could keep you out for longer than a month maybe.  Month and a half at the most? I'd like to know how long we are really talking here?

20 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Time table is 6-8 weeks for his recovery according to reports. Hardly a lost season at this point. Could be back by week 4 at the earliest (highly doubtful but even if he didn't come back til week 9 he will still have half a season)

He'll be back though. But yeah, Ragland won't. But I just remember 2015 when Breshad Perriman and Kevin White both had season ending surgeries around this time. Then Jordy Nelson and Dante Fowler blew out their ACLs. Victor Cruz never came back. And Suggs got injured the season opener so can include him.

I'm just saying this has been a better Training camp/pre-season for season ending injuries to notable players. So far it's only Enkempali and now Vance Walker. Ragland I guess also since he was a high pick.

14 hours ago, Mr_486lo said:

Go Colts

Pardon the negativity, but you have no idea what you're talking about.  As another poster pointed out, when healthy, Irving is pretty good.  As for Moore, how could you possibly have drawn any conclusion on him from what little action we've seen of him?  I'll save you some time...you couldn't.  

It really doesn't look as if we can coach up a defense/players anyway

would you like to expand on this and give some detail as to what you're talking about?  If so, we can discuss.  If you can't go into any more detail then I'll just continue to assume that this was nothing more than another world class hissy fit from yet another fan who's more concerned with instant gratification than he is understanding how things actually work in the NFL.

But again...pardon my negativity towards your negativity.

4 hours ago, Mr_486lo said:

Why expand on the post when his "unhealthy", "lack luster" stats makes my point.

the part I asked you to expand on was this:

It really doesn't look as if we can coach up a defense/players anyway

Stay with me, I'm speaking on Irving. In 6 1/2 years in the league he averages how many sacks? How many tackles?

Irving is an inside linebacker.  They don't typically get that many pass rushing opportunities so judging an ILB on how many sacks he gets per year is just stupid.  As for how many tackles, well I guess this would be a better stat to look at than sacks, but still, tackles can be a very misleading stat.  Just because an ILB gets tackles doesn't mean he's doing his job well.  He could be getting those tackles by chasing down a runner after missing his gap.  It's near impossible to accurately judge an ILB's abilities just by using a statline.

The main point in my post is to point out the obvious which has been occurring every year...."We suck on defense"

Last year, the biggest problem with the defense was a completely inept offense that couldn't sustain a drive longer than 3 plays.  Overall though, the defense definitely hasn't sucked the entire time that Pagano has been here.  There have  been many times that the defense helped get the team out of a big hole that the offense put the team in.  They  haven't been great...I'm not saying that by any means, but to say they've sucked is wrong also.  But to know that, you have to actually watch games and not look at stat lines.

We got work to do. 

There's definitely work to do, but that was a given.  Of course there's going to be work to do after the first preseason game.  That's the case for all 32 teams.  

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

the part I asked you to expand on was this:

Irving is an inside linebacker.  They don't typically get that many pass rushing opportunities so judging an ILB on how many sacks he gets per year is just stupid.  As for how many tackles, well I guess this would be a better stat to look at than sacks, but still, tackles can be a very misleading stat.  Just because an ILB gets tackles doesn't mean he's doing his job well.  He could be getting those tackles by chasing down a runner after missing his gap.  It's near impossible to accurately judge an ILB's abilities just by using a statline.

Last year, the biggest problem with the defense was a completely inept offense that couldn't sustain a drive longer than 3 plays.  Overall though, the defense definitely hasn't sucked the entire time that Pagano has been here.  There have  been many times that the defense helped get the team out of a big hole that the offense put the team in.  They  haven't been great...I'm not saying that by any means, but to say they've sucked is wrong also.  But to know that, you have to actually watch games and not look at stat lines.

Nice.  You do understand that they try to keep this a family friendly site, right? 

There's definitely work to do, but that was a given.  Of course there's going to be work to do after the first preseason game.  That's the case for all 32 teams.  

Look, we can agree to disagree. The defense couldn't stop a cold last year, the year before that or the year before that. The offense stumbled last year when Luck got hurt but ole faithful stepped in and played tremendous. I don't claim to know everything but I do know defense wins championships. Pagano is built from that cloth (Ravens). I'm glad he is being allowed to control things a bit more. I like Green and Morrison a lot and I see the vision Pagano sees. Especially in them. Toughness, smarts and grit. Playing soft gets you nothing. I'm tired of seeing every team we play run all over us and not really have to pass. We can't stop water from running. 

27 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Look, we can agree to disagree. The defense couldn't stop a cold last year, the year before that or the year before that. The offense stumbled last year when Luck got hurt but ole faithful stepped in and played tremendous. I don't claim to know everything but I do know defense wins championships. Pagano is built from that cloth (Ravens). I'm glad he is being allowed to control things a bit more. I like Green and Morrison a lot and I see the vision Pagano sees. Especially in them. Toughness, smarts and grit. Playing soft gets you nothing. I'm tired of seeing every team we play run all over us and not really have to pass. We can't stop water from running. 

it's not that we disagree in principle...yes there have definitely been struggles on defense and it's not the monster that we'd all hoped for just yet.  My biggest issue is with the overreaction and all of the hyperbole.  MH played tremendous...yeah no he didn't.  He played well for a couple of games but then started to struggle, though at no point would I say he was tremendous.  The defense couldn't stop water from running...again, extreme hyperbole.  Look at game stats from 2014 and you'll see that's just not true.  I recall the Colt defense shutting down the Cowboys league best rushing attack that season.  In fact the only teams I recall them having difficulty with in rushing defense was against teams with mobile QBs.  That is one area they still need to improve to stop mobile QBs from breaking the pocket and scrambling for big yards.

As for last season..again, they were on the field way too much.  I remember several games where the defense was on the field for virtually the entire 2nd quarter because the offense would keep going 3 and out or they'd turn the ball over.  

Please, just do us all a favor and take some deep breaths and lay off the hyperbole.  That way we might actually be able to have discussions instead of arguments :)

5 hours ago, krunk said:

What I'm trying to understand is exactly how long can a significant hamstring injury last?  I can't see it being something that could keep you out for longer than a month maybe.  Month and a half at the most? I'd like to know how long we are really talking here?

My response is.....       I don't know how long,  and I think you're right that it can last longer than a month or 6 weeks......    but I also think it's too early to know....

Sorry I don't have more info....