Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendall Langford Out

CanuckColtsFan

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's out 3-4 weeks so hopefully he is ready week 1. The person who said he had a bad feeling about this injury was right.

I actually thought it was going to be a lot worse, hate that he's injured but glad its just a month. Hopefully he's back by week 1.

7 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

The lions went 6-2 in their last 8 games. I wouldn't write them off. This is very bad news.

The combined record for those 7 teams (played GB twice) was 49-63. Plus they lost their biggest playmaker in Calvin. They will still need to figure out how to replace that and I don't see it happening week 1 on the road.

Langford has never missed an NFL game, as he has played in 128 straight games to begin his NFL career. Pagano pointed to that “ironman” streak today when asked whether Langford will play in the season opener, adding “I’m counting on it.”http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/9/12412434/colts-defensive-end-kendall-langford-out-3-4-weeks-after-having-knee-scoped

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Langford has never missed an NFL game, as he has played in 128 straight games to begin his NFL career. Pagano pointed to that “ironman” streak today when asked whether Langford will play in the season opener, adding “I’m counting on it.”http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/9/12412434/colts-defensive-end-kendall-langford-out-3-4-weeks-after-having-knee-scoped

Well that's promising. I hope he makes it back. I still think we can beat the Lions but that line would be underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

I actually thought it was going to be a lot worse, hate that he's injured but glad its just a month. Hopefully he's back by week 1.

I thought it was going to be way worse as well. I read he was out for 3-4 weeks and assumed it was 3-4 weeks into the regular season. Happy that it's not quite that serious! If he doesn't play week one, hopefully our offense will be efficient enough to give us the W despite the injured D line.

First week of pads and then you get Ryan and now Langford down. I am of the belief that if they get hurt in the preseason they are hurt and severely diminished for the season. They should not be counted on for the season and plans should begin ASAP to get another player in their place. Keep them as a backup depth chart. I think Blythe should take Ryan's place. For Langford, we need to go the FA and wire. As for Art Jones.. count him missing in action. He is over the hill. Ravens Ozzie Newsome got the better of Grigson/Pagano.

Well that's great!!! Not supprising though...that's just how our luck rolls. Every year we have to have a nice laundry list of injuries before the season starts. It's basically a norm for us unfortunately, and sadly its something I've just come to expect now.

8 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

First week of pads and then you get Ryan and now Langford down. I am of the belief that if they get hurt in the preseason they are hurt and severely diminished for the season. They should not be counted on for the season and plans should begin ASAP to get another player in their place. Keep them as a backup depth chart. I think Blythe should take Ryan's place. For Langford, we need to go the FA and wire. As for Art Jones.. count him missing in action. He is over the hill. Ravens Ozzie Newsome got the better of Grigson/Pagano.

A guy that misses 5 days of camp practice can't be counted on for the regular season? He's already back in action today, why would you want to replace him with 7th rounder that's realistically about a year away from being NFL ready?

Just now, The Lucky Neck Beard said:

I don't like the injury... but it does give some additional playing time to those that might not otherwise get the chance in preseason...

True, but it's also going to play into the final cuts.  We already had Art out for a month and Anderson may not be 100%.  So you'd think they'd carry one more additional D-Lineman than originally planned.  Now they may have to carry two. 

10 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

LOL!  I'm sure you're trolling, but in case you're not - you realize there's 'hurt' and then there's 'hurt'?

29 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Strength and conditioning can't really prevent a knee scope. It's a cartilage thing, so it's probably been a lingering issue that started before the new staff was even hired.

I wasn't really blaming them. More like a nudge against them.