Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to call right now but if Ben isn't 100% and Brown isn't either or both are out this should be a win for Denver. I honestly think the Chiefs can go into Foxboro and pull the upset off. I am pulling the Anti-Deion Sanders, the way he always picks against Peyton and kisses up to Tom in the Playoffs. I am going the opposite. Denver is in a great position right now with everyone healthy and having HFA + playing a team that is banged up.

After the Steelers/Bengals game last night, the local news here came on. It was apparently huge news that Tom Brady took a picture of himself watching the games.

Let me simplify the story for you: Football player watches football games. I'm shocked I tell you, I am in complete utter shock that he would ever think of doing that! What's next, we see a picture of Brady sleeping at 3AM because that's what he does overnight?

Please Chiefs, put up another 2014 MNF performance against these guys so I don't need to listen to this crap until at least September. Although, the Patriots' performance in the final month or so has helped a bit.

3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

After the Steelers/Bengals game last night, the local news here came on. It was apparently huge news that Tom Brady took a picture of himself watching the games.

Let me simplify the story for you: Football player watches football games. I'm shocked I tell you, I am in complete utter shock that he would ever think of doing that! What's next, we see a picture of Brady sleeping at 3AM because that's what he does overnight?

Please Chiefs, put up another 2014 MNF performance against these guys so I don't need to listen to this crap until at least September. Although, the Patriots' performance in the final month or so has helped a bit.

Don't you mean you'd really  really like to see another photo just like that one?   Perhaps of him at home watching the AFCCG  and the Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I heard Skip Bayless took the photo.....would love to see Pats and Steelers go down.

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Don't you mean you'd really  really like to see another photo just like that one?   Perhaps of him at home watching the AFCCG  and the Super Bowl.

Seriously, if the Patriots don't make the Super Bowl, I'm 100% positive some reporter here will ask Brady if he's going to watch the Super Bowl. And if he does take a picture, you'll see the sobbing anchors tell us how it should be poor Brady in the Super Bowl.

When the Patriots lost to the Broncos in the playoffs 10 years ago, it was a complete shock to everyone's system here. I had to hear about it for weeks how they should've made it to Super Bowl 40, despite the fact that that was one of the Patriots' weaker teams in recent memory...

I think the Broncos have it much easier than the Pats or Chiefs.  Ben and Brown are both hurt and Brown probably still doesn't know where he is.  With how much the Broncos defense likes to blitz, I expect them to make Ben's injury worse.

KC vs. New England is really a toss up, in my opinion.  I could see either side winning it, but I'm hoping KC wins

Too early to tell with injuries. But Maclin hurt his ACL and most likely will be out or very limited and Houston was also injured during the game. Those are two huge losses for the Chiefs who really don't have much of an offense to begin with. I would expect Pats to win by 10.

If the Steelers are without Brown then they will limited quite a bit on offense but Williams may come back. This game really hinges on Manning's health and his ability to be able to make the throws down the field. I still think Denver wins as their defense should be able to do enough to slow Pitt down.

2 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

I am  not sure why you get so upset by this stuff. The league revolves around the Pats and Brady so whatever he is doing is news. Has been this way ever since he started winning Super Bowls to begin his career.

24 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Too early to tell with injuries. But Maclin hurt his ACL and most likely will be out or very limited and Houston was also injured during the game. Those are two huge losses for the Chiefs who really don't have much of an offense to begin with. I would expect Pats to win by 10.

If the Steelers are without Brown then they will limited quite a bit on offense but Williams may come back. This game really hinges on Manning's health and his ability to be able to make the throws down the field. I still think Denver wins as their defense should be able to do enough to slow Pitt down.

I think the key is Brady's health behind that banged up Partriots offensive line. Even if Houston doesn't play or limited, the Chiefs will able to generate enough of a pass rush to make Brady pay like the Dolphins and Jets did. KC by 7.

The Steelers will likely be without Brown and a very limited Big Ben who clearly couldn't push the ball down the field at the end of the Cincinnati game.

It's quite clear that out of Brady, Manning and Rothlisberger, Manning will be the healthiest going in so decreeing his health as a key to the Broncos win is a reach at best.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

I think the key is Brady's health behind that banged up Partriots offensive line. Even if Houston doesn't play or limited, the Chiefs will able to generate enough of a pass rush to make Brady pay like the Dolphins and Jets did. KC by 7.

The Steelers will likely be without Brown and a very limited Big Ben who clearly couldn't push the ball down the field at the end of the Cincinnati game.

It's quite clear that out of Brady, Manning and Rothlisberger, Manning will be the healthiest going in so decreeing his health as a key to the Broncos win is a reach at best.

Did Manning's foot magically heal?  And his arm will still be the same regardless of his foot. He is the biggest question mark at QB. Ben is fine. He is the drama king. He plays great injured anyways. Brady was not even limited for Tuesday's practice just two days after the sprain. He will be fine.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Did Manning's foot magically heal?  And his arm will still be the same regardless of his foot. He is the biggest question mark at QB. Ben is fine. He is the drama king. He plays great injured anyways. Brady was not even limited for Tuesday's practice just two days after the sprain. He will be fine.

So is his foot supposed to remain injured for the rest of his life, ensconced though he had rested for weeks straight?  But yet brady and Ben have been injured in the last two weeks but will be fine? 

I really honestly am so amazed by this I have no appropriate sarcastic response.  Nothing does it justice. 

Just now, Narcosys said:

So is his foot supposed to remain injured for the rest of his life, ensconced though he had rested for weeks straight?  But yet brady and Ben have been injured in the last two weeks but will be fine? 

I really honestly am so amazed by this I have no appropriate sarcastic response.  Nothing does it justice. 

Manning himself said it will not be healed until after the season. And only manning has played terrible with injury. Ben plays great injured and Brady was practicing just fine this week.

10 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Actually, it has. Atleast to the point where he can play just fine. In case you forgot, he missed a number of games this season that allowed it to heal. Again, if you understood the nature of how the injury affects Manning, his pure arm strength didn't change at all as much as it was the inability to plant his feet and push off to throw. Not to mention Manning wasn't limited either.

Ben could barely throw the ball down the field and Brady was injured in the last week of the season and looked awful again behind that shaky line. Playing vs playing hurt are two different things. Brady and Ben could be in trouble.

Just now, Restored said:

Actually, it has. In case you forgot, he missed a number of games this season that allowed it to heal. Again, if you understood the nature of how the injury affects Manning, his pure arm strength didn't change at all as much as it was the inability to plant his feet and push off to throw. Not to mention Manning wasn't limited either.

Ben could barely throw the ball down the field and Brady was injured in the last week of the season. Playing vs playing hurt are two different things. Brady and Ben could be in trouble.

Manning will not be 100 percent this season. Not sure what part you are missing but if you think he is in the best shape to play QB over Ben and Brady more power to you. We will find out soon enough.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Manning will not be 100 percent this season. Not sure what part you are missing but if you think he is in the best shape to play QB over Ben and Brady more power to you. We will find out soon enough.

Neither is Ben or Brady 100%. I can acknowledge that Manning won't be "100%" but you can't do the same for Brady and Ben when clearly they aren't either. Bias.

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

Neither is Ben or Brady 100%. I can acknowledge that Manning won't be "100%" but you can't do the same for Brady and Ben when clearly they aren't either. Bias.

I think Ben is a drama king and not hurt bad at all but they will play it up like his arm is falling off this week and how he is the warrior. He has turned into Brett Favre toward the end of his career IMO.  I really don't expect Manning to be that hampered by his foot unless he reinjures it which is a real possibility but I question his arm which has been shot all season. Brady had a mild ankle sprain that did not even have him limited in practice two days later. He will be fine.

23 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I think Ben is a drama king and not hurt bad at all but they will play it up like his arm is falling off this week and how he is the warrior. He has turned into Brett Favre toward the end of his career IMO.  I really don't expect Manning to be that hampered by his foot unless he reinjures it which is a real possibility but I question his arm which has been shot all season. Brady had a mild ankle sprain that did not even have him limited in practice two days later. He will be fine.

I think Ben's injury is one that will get worse before it gets better....when the adrenaline is gone and he stiffens up that shoulder is going to be sore. It kinda evens the playing field with the offenses. Pittsburghs defense has gotten a lot better since the first few weeks. They aren't elite like the Broncos of Chiefs but they are good enough to cause some trouble for Denver for sure. KC's defense is pretty dang good. They matchup well with Denver and NE....but I don't ever see Tom losing at home. If Edelman isn't rusty and they get that offense moving and put up an early lead....KC's offense isn't a come from behind offense...I just can't see them scoring enough points. Peytons issues may appear in the following week if they win...its that bounce back game that will test his foot. This week will be about forcing that defense to honor the throw and keep them off balance enough to run the ball. If he takes care of the ball I think they win.

44 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Did you not see the end of the game? He couldn't push the ball down the field at all. Drama king or not, you clearly aren't understanding his injury.

Injuries are possible. Manning has just as much of a chance of getting hurt as Brady does with his ankle, who now at the end of the season is starting to wear down behind that shaky Patriots offensive line. Manning's arm strength has been fine.

9 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

That is actually hilarious though. lmao 

6 hours ago, Restored said:

To be fair too, we have not seen Manning play a full game in many weeks either have we? And the Chargers kinda stink.

I am very curious to see the health of the AFC QBs (outside of Alex Smith) in the divisional overall. I hope nobody has to leave the games either. I expect them all to be out there though in the end this weekend. 

It just all adds extra drama with the QB ailments. 

I think Brock is even hurting with something.

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

Manning had how many weeks off?  2 weeks = 20% healing.  6-8 weeks = 80% healing. If his limited time didn't re-injure the tear, then has has even more healing time in.  Nearly the full recovery time of 12 weeks.

Having good feet allows him to step into throws he could not before, or get a decent pass off from the back of the right foot when needed. So maybe that helps him into form again., rely on mechanics/body more and arm less.

Ben sailed the only decent length pass he tried (A. Brown penalty play), all his others completed on his return were short dump off passes within 1 yard if the LOS.  He has healing to go through.

I have no clue on Brady.  Haven't followed, don't know.

11 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady - The Final Chapter

Looking at it objectively, with banged up opponents coming into their place, we could very well see a Peyton vs Brady final chapter. However, Peyton vs Brady has happened only 3 times in the playoffs, thanks to the 9 one-and-dones on Peyton's side mainly :), and only once when they were #1 and #2 (2013). We will see if it happens as predicted.

42 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I have no clue on Brady.  Haven't followed, don't know.

I heard he sprained his ankle and got his ribs bruised up vs. the Dolphins. But, it's the Patriots and I expect it to be hush hush. They said he was expected to be ready for the divisional game.

I think they will all be out there though regardless. It's the playoffs too.......unless anything is broken I think they all are going to push through it.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Looking at it objectively, with banged up opponents coming into their place, we could very well see a Peyton vs Brady final chapter. However, Peyton vs Brady has happened only 3 times in the playoffs, thanks to the 9 one-and-dones on Peyton's side mainly :), and only once when they were #1 and #2 (2013). We will see if it happens as predicted.

In the title game at least I think it's only happened 3 times.

I think the Chiefs get it done. They should be able to get to the quarterback without blitzing. Also should be able to make the game a defensive battle.  As for the Broncos, it'll be dependent on Big Ben's health. If Ben's able to go, I'm picking Pitt. Denver has a stout defense and all, but let's not forget about Peyton's regular season performance. He hasn't given me any reason to think that's past him. He can't throw 3 interceptions against the Steelers. Offense is too explosive.

13 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Do you live in Boston?

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

I love Peyton...love him...and Tom is unbelievable...best post season qb of all time and on that MT Rushmore of QBs...but someday they won't be playing anymore...and I wonder what we will all talk about lol.

Don't worry.

The Brady crap will happen in this forum even after they are dead.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs are the threat for Broncos this year.

That pass rush with deep secondary is lethal. Pats will be lucky to win that game.