Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It has not been confirmed that he OD'd just that he needed medical attention. He drove himself to the police station where he was taken to the hospital and was released shortly after and at practice the next day. Speculation is weed at this point by Boston media anyways ...

lol he pulled a Nkemdiche.  dude was tripping on synthetic.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest, as of 3 hours ago:  He showed up on foot at the police station

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/report-chandler-jones-was-a-confused-party-when-he-talked-to-cops/

Jones was treated and released from the hospital, after reportedly overdosing on pills, according to WEEI.

The recordings included a police officer being sent to Jones’ home saying: “I got his keys off the kitchen table, I was able to lock the front door. If you want to just pass along to the fire, he was definitely involved with Class D delta before this happened, just so they know.”

That’s likely a reference to Class D narcotics, which includes marijuana.

There are quite a number of Class D narcotics..  Marijuana is just one.  

10 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

As mentioned above, apparently the synthetic stuff can make you feel like you're ODing.  

Not a fan of such a decision.  I'm pretty sure that he'll be hitting the open market in the offseason .

And that might very well be what happened.  I guess right now only the attending physicians and hospital staff  know for sure.   Due to HIPAA  laws it may never be revealed, but I am guessing BB and others also know and you may be correct about him hitting the open market after this incident.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

the latest, as of 3 hours ago:  He showed up on foot at the police station

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/report-chandler-jones-was-a-confused-party-when-he-talked-to-cops/

Jones was treated and released from the hospital, after reportedly overdosing on pills, according to WEEI.

The recordings included a police officer being sent to Jones’ home saying: “I got his keys off the kitchen table, I was able to lock the front door. If you want to just pass along to the fire, he was definitely involved with Class D delta before this happened, just so they know.”

That’s likely a reference to Class D narcotics, which includes marijuana.

There are quite a number of Class D narcotics..  Marijuana is just one.  

He must have felt like he was dying or was scared. He should of just went to the hospital . Embarrassing situation 

11 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Do you think Chandler will play this weekend?  Reports that he had a drug overdose Sat. Night/ Sunday morning.. on what the police are referring to as "class D Delta"   whatever that is.  Maybe against NFL policy?

Yep. If it was non-PED related incident...he simply goes into the drug program and first time isn't a suspension. So since he has practiced all week and we are talking about the playoffs...yeah he will play. Everyone is available now...no holding back. I've heard various reports...most center around a bad reaction to synthetic marijuana. Like I said I don't think he has a history so first offense is not suspendable. He is a key component to that defense....kinda like Gronk...he can line up anywhere and do so much.

On 1/10/2016 at 10:14 AM, adubb84 said:

I would like to think that. Only thing that would give me some doubt as a pats fan is how serious the high ankle sprain is. Thoughts?

Sorry. Just getting back to this. It's a concern, certainly. Brady had improved in the pocket where he was already very good. Having Edelman back will help, as Brady won't have to hold the ball as long as he has had to without him. The Chiefs defense will test that horrible Patriots offensive line. Getting Vollmer back should help.

29 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Sorry. Just getting back to this. It's a concern, certainly. Brady had improved in the pocket where he was already very good. Having Edelman back will help, as Brady won't have to hold the ball as long as he has had to without him. The Chiefs defense will test that horrible Patriots offensive line. Getting Vollmer back should help.

Yeah having that safety valve (Edelman) will help alleviate some of the pressure from the blitz that I know Andy Reid will most likely dial up. Hopefully he doesn't hurt himself again by going "all out" as he says he will. Tough to pick winner in this one. The Chiefs have an injured macklin, but the pats aren't exactly well off either. Should be a good one. 

Supposed to be some recent new injury concerns with Gronk, still expected to play though I would guess.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/14/report-gronkowski-got-injection-in-knee-on-thursday/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/14/gronkowski-has-back-injury-too/

I can sorta see why some are into the idea of the Chiefs winning now more as the week goes on. I still feel as if I have to take the Pats though since it it almost feels odd to NOT take the Pats lol.

Either way I am hoping for two very entertaining games this weekend without anyone getting killed and hopefully the refs do not decide anything. I have spent more time looking at injuries for these games then anything else!

Good luck to all the teams left and their fans. I actually can't believe how much this postseason has been so far without the Colts even playing. 

On 1/10/2016 at 2:49 PM, amfootball said:

I think Ben is a drama king and not hurt bad at all but they will play it up like his arm is falling off this week and how he is the warrior. He has turned into Brett Favre toward the end of his career IMO.  I really don't expect Manning to be that hampered by his foot unless he reinjures it which is a real possibility but I question his arm which has been shot all season. Brady had a mild ankle sprain that did not even have him limited in practice two days later. He will be fine.

Ben not hurt bad at all? Ben could barely throw the ball ten yards. 

On 1/10/2016 at 0:33 PM, Narcosys said:

So is his foot supposed to remain injured for the rest of his life, ensconced though he had rested for weeks straight?  But yet brady and Ben have been injured in the last two weeks but will be fine? 

I really honestly am so amazed by this I have no appropriate sarcastic response.  Nothing does it justice. 

utter arrogance and foolishness...what she'd best at and all she knows.

On 1/10/2016 at 0:49 PM, amfootball said:

I think Ben is a drama king and not hurt bad at all but they will play it up like his arm is falling off this week and how he is the warrior. He has turned into Brett Favre toward the end of his career IMO.  I really don't expect Manning to be that hampered by his foot unless he reinjures it which is a real possibility but I question his arm which has been shot all season. Brady had a mild ankle sprain that did not even have him limited in practice two days later. He will be fine.

Where can you just assume and know that Brady is fine just because he is Brady, and because he wasnt limited in practice. That doesn't say ANYTHING as for how its gonna be in the GAME...against an oppenent that will be coming after him hard core!!! And FYI...Brady is still a HUMAN!!! One good hit from a Houston player could easily re aggrivate it. Or even if he has to scamble and steps wrong...it's gonna be tender and volnerable.  And there could be be a good chance of reaggrivation with the KC defense and a suspect O line for NE. 

On 1/10/2016 at 3:53 AM, Jules said:

I got Pats and Steelers winning which is just a 100% fresh off the press Jules prognostication.

This is just for fun, I do not bet nor am I going to lose sleep if any team loses or wins. 

A few thoughts heading into the final game in the AFC for the divisional round:

1) With uncertainty surrounding BOTH Peyton and Big Ben health wise......I find this game unpredictable at times to get a good feel for. I had picked the Steelers initially in the summer among a few friends though to win the AFC so that is why I have stuck with them stubbornly. But, my second choice was also NE from the AFC. Denver has a shot too, but I sometimes have issues with Kubiak like I did with John Fox before him. I sometimes do not trust Denver's coaching in big games. And yes I know Brady's record in Denver.

2) KC did get overrated after beating up Houston like I thought they would. Good team, but they can't win in Foxboro and if they had it would have been a shocker. NE thrives in divisional games.

3) With the little guy in the lineup at receiver.......NE has not lost this year. NE is back IMO and going to be a huge battle. Most will disagree with me, but I think Pittsburgh if Ben can hold up actually has a better shot of upsetting NE in NE (they are long over due to beat them in a big game) then the Broncos do again over the Pats even with homefield. When NE went to Denver weeks ago they did not have Edelman and the Pats blew that game at times and honestly they don't often lose to the same team twice in one season.

4) Whoever wins the AFC is going to have their hands FULL in the Super Bowl. The teams left there are no joke......

5) It's just for fun too. I don't bet on these games with real money.