Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Divisional Round

danlhart87

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Since full recovery takes 3-6 months, it seems the docs think he is at 90% or so.  That's decent, but with Edelman's cuts and jerk routes, he might be slightly less sharp than when fully healthy. Still a valuable addition.

That steel pate inhibits skill position players more then lineman.  We'll see how Edelman performs.

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Since full recovery takes 3-6 months, it seems the docs think he is at 90% or so.  That's decent, but with Edelman's cuts and jerk routes, he might be slightly less sharp than when fully healthy. Still a valuable addition.

That steel pate inhibits skill position players more then lineman.  We'll see how Edelman performs.

I don't expect 100 percent but him being out there is huge to keep the coverage spread so Brady can find his guys. Really the biggest thing the Pats need from him is for him to convert third downs especially third and shorts where he is the best. The guys is tough as nails so I do expect a couple of impact plays from him. And really, I just want him back on punts to catch the stinking ball. lol.

2 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

Edelman has been practicing for three weeks now.  I expect that he'll have gauged what he can and cannot do, and will be fine.  That's my hope.

As long as he's on the field the offense will be better by quite a bit. 

On January 10, 2016 at 11:34 AM, buffalo34 said:

After the Steelers/Bengals game last night, the local news here came on. It was apparently huge news that Tom Brady took a picture of himself watching the games.

Let me simplify the story for you: Football player watches football games. I'm shocked I tell you, I am in complete utter shock that he would ever think of doing that! What's next, we see a picture of Brady sleeping at 3AM because that's what he does overnight?

Please Chiefs, put up another 2014 MNF performance against these guys so I don't need to listen to this crap until at least September. Although, the Patriots' performance in the final month or so has helped a bit.

Wouldnt bother me a bit to see Brady "sleepwalk" through KC/and/or Denver if that scenario plays out.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chiefs are about to give me a beautiful present haha and My SB pick the Broncos are getting ready to steamroll the Steelers.

Question:. How will the Chiefs score 28+ without Maclin?  

I honestly do not see the Chiefs scoring much.  Hightower will be back, the Patriots' secondary will be completely happy, as will Chandler Jones.

8 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

I honestly do not see the Chiefs scoring much.  Hightower will be back, the Patriots' secondary will be completely happy, as will Chandler Jones.

I think this will be the game of the week and I am going out on a limb by picking the Chiefs I admit. Just being gutsy by doing it. I do love the Chiefs Defense and they haven't lost in 2 months so it's not really a dumb pick. Obviously Tom rarely loses in Foxboro but he could here. If the Broncos were playing the Chiefs I would be worried as well and talking less smack. I do realize the Steelers are Good though but Ben is damaged goods and Brown is concussed and they don't have the Defense they had years ago either.

6 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

Edelman has been practicing for three weeks now.  I expect that he'll have gauged what he can and cannot do, and will be fine.  That's my hope.

Yep...I expect he may be a little rusty but he is an explosive player...he is a big security blanket for Tom to get the ball out quick and avoid the rush. Nice thing about Julian is he is a big yac guy. Those 5 and 6 yard passes regularly turn into 12 and 15 yards. His value can't be understated. I expect Gronk, him, and Tom to all be healthy and that offense hitting on all cylinders. Tom will pick that defense apart if the OL can just give him a minimal amount of time....to me that will be the key in the game. NE OL vs KC DL. If they can win the point of attack then Tom will be able to make enough plays to score points. If NE gets to 20....they win...because KC just doesn't have the offense to sustain enough drives and score enough points to score more without Charles/Maclin....and Chandler Jones will shadow Smith everywhere he goes so I don't think he Alex will be able to get out and run/extend plays like he likes to.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think this will be the game of the week and I am going out on a limb by picking the Chiefs I admit. Just being gutsy by doing it. I do love the Chiefs Defense and they haven't lost in 2 months so it's not really a dumb pick. Obviously Tom rarely loses in Foxboro but he could here. If the Broncos were playing the Chiefs I would be worried as well and talking less smack. I do realize the Steelers are Good though but Ben is damaged goods and Brown is concussed and they don't have the Defense they had years ago either.

In my best Am impression:

Brady is GOAT. I think Andy Reid might've eaten too much BBQ so that could affect the Chiefs offensive playcalling. Big Ben is a drama queen and isn't hurt. Tom loves playing in the playoffs. Pats by 10.

46 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

20 will be enough

11 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

Key to the KC/NE game will be Alex Smith. So goes Smith, so go the Chiefs. We all know what Brady can do. Smith has to outplay Brady in Foxborough. A tall, tall order.

I am not a huge fan of Alex Smith and have been on record saying he would never win a SB but if he doesn't Turn it over and the Chiefs Defense slow Tom they can win this game.

1 hour ago, Restored said:

In my best Am impression:

Brady is GOAT. I think Andy Reid might've eaten too much BBQ so that could affect the Chiefs offensive playcalling. Big Ben is a drama queen and isn't hurt. Tom loves playing in the playoffs. Pats by 10.

Chiefs have the LB speed to disrupt the intermediate game of the Pats, I will definitely give them that. This will be a low 20s game at best for the winner, IMO. It will be all up to the Patriots' defense, the X factor in this game more than the KC D or Tom Brady or Alex Smith.

Steelers - if Von Miller decides to show up unlike other playoff games where he gets handled 1-on-1 (I wonder if this guy will be worth the money some team will pay him, maybe the Broncos), the Steelers will have a hard time, IMO. Big Ben's shoulder, once rested, will be a tad more sore and the throws he threaded the needle to Antonio Brown in his first game vs the Broncos, might be harder this time around, IMO. The key is Peyton being patient and taking sacks and not committing turnovers, and eventually the Broncos will figure out on offense a game plan that can tire out the Steelers in Mile High, IMO.

My mind still says Peyton vs Brady, we will see how it goes. Besides, Peyton, when his team plays teams that have beaten him in the regular season, pretty much always handles them in the playoffs at home the second time around. Peyton, as a Colt lost to Broncos in 2003 and 2004 regular season (though 2004 was resting starters), then came back to thrash the Broncos in 2003 and 2004 playoffs. Colts lost to Jets in 2009 regular season (quitting on perfect season) but beat them in the playoffs. Peyton, as a Bronco, lost to Chargers and Patriots in 2013 regular season, but beat them in the playoffs at home. That is just 5 playoff wins off the top of my head in that scenario.

The opposite is a bit true as well - beat the Steelers in 2005 regular season but lost to them in the playoffs, beat the Chargers in 2008 regular season but lost to them in the playoffs, beat Andrew Luck in 2014 regular season but lost to him in the playoffs. Like in 2009, I wonder if it will be a team like the Jets (seeded #5, this year it is the Chiefs) that Peyton will face at home in the AFCCG after beating a #6 seed from the AFC North. I make my own head spin over-analyzing stuff, so if I am making your head spin, please excuse me :).

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs have the LB speed to disrupt the intermediate game of the Pats, I will definitely give them that. This will be a low 20s game at best for the winner, IMO. It will be all up to the Patriots' defense, the X factor in this game more than the KC D or Tom Brady or Alex Smith.

Steelers - if Von Miller decides to show up unlike other playoff games where he gets handled 1-on-1 (I wonder if this guy will be worth the money some team will pay him, maybe the Broncos), the Steelers will have a hard time, IMO. Big Ben's shoulder, once rested, will be a tad more sore and the throws he threaded the needle to Antonio Brown in his first game vs the Broncos, might be harder this time around, IMO. The key is Peyton being patient and taking sacks and not committing turnovers, and eventually the Broncos will figure out on offense a game plan that can tire out the Steelers in Mile High, IMO.

My mind still says Peyton vs Brady, we will see how it goes. Besides, Peyton, when his team plays teams that have beaten him in the regular season, pretty much always handles them in the playoffs at home the second time around. Peyton, as a Colt lost to Broncos in 2003 and 2004 regular season (though 2004 was resting starters), then came back to thrash the Broncos in 2003 and 2004 playoffs. Colts lost to Jets in 2009 regular season (quitting on perfect season) but beat them in the playoffs. Peyton, as a Bronco, lost to Chargers and Patriots in 2013 regular season, but beat them in the playoffs at home. That is just 5 playoff wins off the top of my head in that scenario.

The opposite is a bit true as well - beat the Steelers in 2005 regular season but lost to them in the playoffs, beat the Chargers in 2008 regular season but lost to them in the playoffs. Like in 2009, I wonder if it will be a team like the Jets (seeded #5, this year it is the Chiefs) that Peyton will face at home in the AFCCG after beating a #6 seed from the AFC North. I make my own head spin over-analyzing stuff, so if I am making your head spin, please excuse me :).

Good post but my original post you quoted wasn't serious in the tad bit lol.

I'm pretty surprisedby the -5 pt spread for NE.  I expected about a 2 pt spread in favor of NE, because Foxborough has a pretty good home field playoff advantage (what with those lockerroom microphones, hidden sideline cams, and sunken ball heating stations), but 5 seems ridiculously high.  If I were a betting man, I'd have a lot of money on the team that has won 11 in a row and has great pass-rushers, vs. the team that's lost four of their last six and has a terrible OL.  I'm just sayin'...

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'm pretty surprisedby the -5 pt spread for NE.  I expected about a 2 pt spread in favor of NE, because Foxborough has a pretty good home field playoff advantage (what with those lockerroom microphones, hidden sideline cams, and sunken ball heating stations), but 5 seems ridiculously high.  If I were a betting man, I'd have a lot of money on the team that has won 11 in a row and has great pass-rushers, vs. the team that's lost four of their last six and has a terrible OL.  I'm just sayin'...

Mystique of Brady and Belichick, I say :). But Flacco and the 2012 Ravens lost 4 out of their last 5, so did the Colts of 2006 losing 3 of their last 5. I don't think that really matters.

40 minutes ago, Archer said:

Except that Vollmer will be back.

And Edelman.

And Chandler Jones.

And Hightower.

Maclin may not play, or if he does, he'll play with a bad high ankle sprain.

Houston is injured.

With Maclin out, who will make big plays for the Chiefs?

Patriots by 10+.

Pats ended the season with two straight losses. They rarely (think it has happened once in the Bill/Brady era) lost 3 in a row.

They faced the same situation heading into Houston many weeks ago.

I suspect they will win this game even if it's close at times. If NE lost this game it would be rather shocking......considering how strong the Pats normally are in divisional rounds too.

I also suspect the Chiefs are being a tad overrated heading into this game now since they just played a nothing offense in Houston that lied down and grabbed their blankies in fear.

Chiefs are very good don't get me wrong but contrary to what this forum thinks......I think the Steelers are the bigger upset candidates then Kansas City. Counting out winners like Tomlin and Big Ben (even if he is not healthy) is kinda dumb....

Any Given Sunday.....   Who knows what's really going to happen, but   It's fun reading everyone's various scenarios.

I think the so called theatrics on the field this past weekend got nothing on the theatrics :drama: of Forum life.    haha

Go Broncos.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Pats ended the season with two straight losses. They rarely (think it has happened once in the Bill/Brady era) lost 3 in a row.

They faced the same situation heading into Houston many weeks ago.

I suspect they will win this game even if it's close at times. If NE lost this game it would be rather shocking......considering how strong the Pats normally are in divisional rounds too.

I also suspect the Chiefs are being a tad overrated heading into this game now since they just played a nothing offense in Houston that lied down and grabbed their blankies in fear.

Chiefs are very good don't get me wrong but contrary to what this forum thinks......I think the Steelers are the bigger upset candidates then Kansas City. Counting out winners like Tomlin and Big Ben (even if he is not healthy) is kinda dumb....

I totally agree, Jules. If the wild card round showed anything, it showed that folks who have been there have an edge. I also felt that playing earlier in the divisional round on Saturday has its advantages. I have no idea why the Broncos want to play the late game on Sunday every time in the divisional round. I would think that you would have the least pressure if you played on Saturday since you are not aware of any of the other results, IMO. Maybe the Broncos are still recovering from that Saturday Flacco Hail Mary :).

However, if Brown or Big Ben are truly banged up, the edge goes to the Broncos' D mainly because they have seen them earlier and losing to a team always gives you more oomph that you will take them seriously the next time around. In the Flacco hail mary game case, they had soundly beaten the Ravens in the regular season and did not expect the Ravens to air it out and be successful the second time around (cough Champ Bailey, cough :)). So, it won't be because of Peyton that they have a chance to win but because of the Broncos' D, IMO.

13 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

not being sarcastic because I honestly don't know but..........what is NE's record in AFC title games when they have to play on the road?

2-0 before Spygate penalties, both wins on the road in the AFCCG vs Pittsburgh in 2001 and 2004.

0-2 after Spygate penalties, in 2006 vs Peyton as a Colt and in 2013 vs Peyton as a Bronco.

However, they are 4-1 at home in championship games (2003, 2007, 2011, 2014 with the only loss to Flacco and the Ravens in 2012).

In other words, they have not won a road championship game since 2004. But then, they had not won a SB since 2004 either and that happened in 2014.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

I totally agree, Jules. If the wild card round showed anything, it showed that folks who have been there have an edge. I also felt that playing earlier in the divisional round on Saturday has its advantages. I have no idea why the Broncos want to play the late game on Sunday every time in the divisional round. I would think that you would have the least pressure if you played on Saturday since you are not aware of any of the other results, IMO. Maybe the Broncos are still recovering from that Saturday Flacco Hail Mary :).

However, if Brown or Big Ben are truly banged up, the edge goes to the Broncos' D mainly because they have seen them earlier and losing to a team always gives you more oomph that you will take them seriously the next time around. In the Flacco hail mary game case, they had soundly beaten the Ravens in the regular season and did not expect the Ravens to air it out and be successful the second time around (cough Champ Bailey, cough :)). So, it won't be because of Peyton that they have a chance to win but because of the Broncos' D, IMO.

I prefer the Saturday games too. Since I like to play odds as well. And if the home teams win on Saturday then it increases the odds of an upset or even two on the Sunday. So to me the upper hand right now lies with Cardinals/Patriots. There used to be a streak years ago about the dreaded late Sunday game thing.

But, at this point it's only Tuesday and so much has been nitpicked to death. I am sure all the QBs will be there bushy tailed and on legal drugs this weekend. And then we will see what the hell happens. 

Oh and for the Chiefs boosters club there is a chance of ice and snow for the game Saturday in Foxboro. It may or may not slow down the Pats offense, no idea. Until the Pats got "Brocked" in the snow this year I think Brady like never lost in snow.

But, lets just sit back and also enjoy these games and hope they all go full throttle and pound each other for our entertainment. At least I don't have to worry about the Colts embarrassing themselves in Foxboro....

To get the groove going with some music.......

I would pay the network to play this before the Broncos/Steelers game......omg........

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

I prefer the Saturday games too. Since I like to play odds as well. And if the home teams win on Saturday then it increases the odds of an upset or even two on the Sunday. So to me the upper hand right now lies with Cardinals/Patriots. There used to be a streak years ago about the dreaded late Sunday game thing.

But, at this point it's only Tuesday and so much has been nitpicked to death. I am sure all the QBs will be there bushy tailed and on legal drugs this weekend. And then we will see what the hell happens. 

Oh and for the Chiefs boosters club there is a chance of ice and snow for the game Saturday in Foxboro. It may or may not slow down the Pats offense, no idea. Until the Pats got "Brocked" in the snow this year I think Brady like never lost in snow.

But, lets just sit back and also enjoy these games and hope they all go full throttle and pound each other for our entertainment. At least I don't have to worry about the Colts embarrassing themselves in Foxboro....

To get the groove going with some music.......

I would pay the network to play this before the Broncos/Steelers game......omg........

The home teams winning on Saturday doesn't change the odds on the Sunday games

All of the home teams winning or all of the road teams winning rarely happens so I do see Jules' point. In theory it wont affect the Broncos or Panthers on Sunday if the Pats and Cards win but going by the odds 1 should lose at that point. I picked all 4 road teams to win this past week so I went against the odds. I don't see all 4 home teams winning this week so I have the Chiefs in the upset win at Foxboro. I think they have the Defense to pull it off as long as Alex Smith doesn't lay an egg. He cant turn it over.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All of the home teams winning or all of the road teams winning rarely happens so I do see Jules' point. In theory it wont affect the Broncos or Panthers on Sunday if the Pats and Cards win but going by the odds 1 should lose at that point. I picked all 4 road teams to win this past week so I went against the odds. I don't see all 4 home teams winning this week so I have the Chiefs in the upset win at Foxboro. I think they have the Defense to pull it off as long as Alex Smith doesn't lay an egg. He cant turn it over.

Might have some ugly weather for Pats/Chiefs. Keep an eye on it at times too with the forecast. Not sure if it helps or hurts NE. But, it could help slow it down a bit and help Alex Smith.

Hard to say.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Might have some ugly weather for Pats/Chiefs. Keep an eye on it at times too with the forecast. Not sure if it helps or hurts NE. But, it could help slow it down a bit and help Alex Smith.

Hard to say.

Bad weather always favors offense for both teams. Right now it is calling for all rain but we have to wait to see what happens with this storm as it could shift and be snow. Will know more by the end of the week. Conditions could be very similar to the Pats/Colts champ game last year.

On 1/11/2016 at 1:10 PM, dgambill said:

Yep...I expect he may be a little rusty but he is an explosive player...he is a big security blanket for Tom to get the ball out quick and avoid the rush. Nice thing about Julian is he is a big yac guy. Those 5 and 6 yard passes regularly turn into 12 and 15 yards. His value can't be understated. I expect Gronk, him, and Tom to all be healthy and that offense hitting on all cylinders. Tom will pick that defense apart if the OL can just give him a minimal amount of time....to me that will be the key in the game. NE OL vs KC DL. If they can win the point of attack then Tom will be able to make enough plays to score points. If NE gets to 20....they win...because KC just doesn't have the offense to sustain enough drives and score enough points to score more without Charles/Maclin....and Chandler Jones will shadow Smith everywhere he goes so I don't think he Alex will be able to get out and run/extend plays like he likes to.

Do you think Chandler will play this weekend?  Reports that he had a drug overdose Sat. Night/ Sunday morning.. on what the police are referring to as "class D Delta"   whatever that is.  Maybe against NFL policy?

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Do you think Chandler will play this weekend?  Reports that he had a drug overdose Sat. Night/ Sunday morning.. on what the police are referring to as "class D Delta"   whatever that is.  Maybe against NFL policy?

If what he did don't draw a drug test from the NFL then something is fishy.

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

He is playing. He has practiced this week. Nothing has been confirmed about what he did or did not take but most believe it was weed putting him in the NFL drug substance abuse program.

8 minutes ago, amfootball said:

He is playing. He has practiced this week. Nothing has been confirmed about what he did or did not take but most believe it was weed putting him in the NFL drug substance abuse program.

Never heard of anyone ODing on weed

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Never heard of anyone ODing on weed

It has not been confirmed that he OD'd just that he needed medical attention. He drove himself to the police station where he was taken to the hospital and was released shortly after and at practice the next day. Speculation is weed at this point by Boston media anyways ...