Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manusky: Yay or Nay?

Dustin

Should the Colts keep Manusky  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather

• Retain Manusky
    • Replace Manusky

There's almost no premier talent on our D and that's straight fact. For what he's had player wise, he's definitely not a glaring problem that's for sure.

Our O didn't help them at all this year and they finished .500, I think that's decent so I can't hate on the guy.

Sheep!    SHEEP!!

Without numbers you can't figure out if today is Monday or Tuesday?  

SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the players?      Who are the play MAKERS?       Who are the DIFFERENCE makers?

The Colts don't have them.       Take it up with Grigson!!

Manusky is good.       The Colts need way WAY more talent on that side of the ball!!

Screw the numbers.      Manusky has been doing it with smoke and mirrors since he got here.    It's glue and duct tape.      There's NOT enough talent on that side of the ball.      Too much time and money on the offense!

Think!

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sheep!    SHEEP!!

SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the players?      Who are the play MAKERS?       Who are the DIFFERENCE makers?

Manusky is good.       The Colts need way WAY more talent on that side of the ball!!

Screw the numbers.      Manusky has been doing it with smoke and mirrors since he got here.    It's glue and duct tape.      There's NOT enough talent on that side of the ball.      Too much time and money on the offense!

Think!

Talent gap is valid and obvious logic in Manusky's defense....but that doesn't insulate him from the full assessment of his body of work.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I like Schwartz as a DC, but doesn't he run more of a 4-3?

When Schwartz coached the Bills in 2014, I remember them playing a 3-4. He ran a 4-3 in Tennessee and Detroit. So I am certain he can work with both.

One of the complaints (still a complaint really) when he left the Bills and Rex coming in was that they went from a 3-4 under Pettine, to a 4-3 under Schwartz, back to a 3-4 with Rex.  I'm not sure of all the differences, but one of the things I didn't like about Schwartz was his reluctance to blitz and instead use 4 rushers most the time.  That's fine if you have 4 guys who are good enough to constantly get pressure on the QB, but that doesn't describe the colts.  

He makes ZERO adjustments in games, which is why we get blown out against good teams. His mantra is "This is my gameplan and we are going to stick to it" He should have been shown the door after that BLOWOUT loss in NE in the AFC Championship game, how anyone can stick up for him and support him is beyond comprehension. Sure we're not playing with a full deck, but at least try to hide the weaknesses instead of intentionally exposinng them for the other team.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sheep!    SHEEP!!

SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think!

Manusky is good?

Dear god....

Just read this about his tenure in SD and how he ruined the then #1 defense in the NFL

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1295186-san-diego-chargers-defense-liberated-from-former-coordinator-greg-manusky

Also, FWIW, a change at DC is not likely, In doing research of Manusky, as it turns out, he is very close to the Pagano family, going as far as saying himself and John Pagano were brothers, I'm sure now that Pagano won't fire Manusky with his rose colored glasses on, if he was really treating this like a professional business he wouldn't have been the DC in 2015 let alone 2016.

Well for one last couple years there have been TWO teams we've looked terrible against steelers and pats and he's had a lot of tires against them and his game plan always seems the same. Even this year when we played the pats he was playing smart till 1 player went down then he decided oh let's play zone and not bracket gronk anymore and then gronk explodes on us 

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah, that's the real issue I have with Manusky.  The Steelers game was probably the worst case against Manusky from that perspective, and it happened twice.  We had our hands full to begin with, but we basically went in and did the same darn thing we did last year.  Might as well have just saved everyones legs on both teams and replayed the first game and call it a day.

Same results, different gameplan. Both times undermined by Greg Toler's badness.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK......

So do I take it that you're for a change at DC then?

My expectation is that he will be retained....but I think there is a valid case for and against as stated earlier in the topic.  The deficiencies in coverage gameplanning and coverage adjustments are hard to ignore for me, however.

I hate to ever reduce it to one moment, but the decisive moment to me was the Steelers game.  You have to at least take something away from a great offense.  We made no attempt - back to back years.  That's a poor reflection.

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Also, FWIW, a change at DC is not likely, In doing research of Manusky, as it turns out, he is very close to the Pagano family, going as far as saying himself and John Pagano were brothers, I'm sure now that Pagano won't fire Manusky with his rose colored glasses on, if he was really treating this like a professional business he wouldn't have been the DC in 2015 let alone 2016.

what was that?