Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ruled out for Sunday,Pagano says he'll fight

csmopar

21 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Per Pagano they'll decide on Sunday which QB to start. 'It will be fun to watch.' I have an other definition for fun...

A worthy end to a wacky season.

With Mettenberger starting for them, this may come down to defense.

Luck won't even be required to seriously take the practice field until the new offensive system is installed.  Just throw and keep himself in shape until the OC situation gets resolved.

Irsay and or Grigs probably made that decision several weeks ago.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Luck won't even be required to seriously take the practice field until the new offensive system is installed.  Just throw and keep himself in shape until the OC situation gets resolved.

Sad thing is they probably had a good idea at the time of the injury he might not be back.  2-6 weeks they called for?  Who was high when they made that assumption?  Then Irsay tweeting he would be back week 16 or definitely 17.  NOPE, jokes on you :)  Have a fun offseason fans. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They may have felt that way, but the fact that the medical team has not cleared him to play tells me-

A. Either his lacerated kidney was a higher grade than anticipated (I was hoping grade two at the time) needing longer recovery time

B. There was a setback somewhere in the recovery process that has delayed his clearance for full practice and participation

Those worried about Luck or the coaches thinking they could 'rush' him into the lineup for "must have" games see now that wasn't going to, and didn't happen.  If he had been cleared to play, the he would be fully cleared.  No extra risk involved now over pre-injury risk. 

One other item is, they never IR'd him, maybe expecting a potential return.  Unless they felt pressure to keep his roster spot open as a sign of hope to team mates and fans alike, all while knowing he wouldn't get clearance.  This upcoming Sunday makes 8 weeks since they kidney laceration, which is my upper limit on these things, 6 lower realistic limit.  He's missed 7 games.

I want the Colts to beat the titans, but I don't care if any of the other 8 games doesn't fall our way to get us in the playoffs.  Not with Ryan Lindley or Josh Freeman at the helm.

After the Bronco game and seeing Luck slice up the Number One Defense, I got excited thinking there was new hope for the season. Even after his injury was reported, I still figured he would be back like week 14 or 15 and lead us to the playoffs.

Now I gotta wait till September to watch Andrew play another meaningful game :pokerface:

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

They may have felt that way, but the fact that the medical team has not cleared him to play tells me-

A. Either his lacerated kidney was a higher grade than anticipated (I was hoping grade two at the time) needing longer recovery time

B. There was a setback somewhere in the recovery process that has delayed his clearance for full practice and participation

Those worried about Luck or the coaches thinking they could 'rush' him into the lineup for "must have" games see now that wasn't going to, and didn't happen.  If he had been cleared to play, the he would be fully cleared.  No extra risk involved now over pre-injury risk. 

One other item is, they never IR'd him, maybe expecting a potential return.  Unless they felt pressure to keep his roster spot open as a sign of hope to team mates and fans alike, all while knowing he wouldn't get clearance.  This upcoming Sunday makes 8 weeks since they kidney laceration, which is my upper limit on these things, 6 lower realistic limit.  He's missed 7 games.

I want the Colts to beat the titans, but I don't care if any of the other 8 games doesn't fall our way to get us in the playoffs.  Not with Ryan Lindley or Josh Freeman at the helm.

Yeah, my last statement was a bit of a stretch.  I'm sure they were keeping up the hopes that MH would continue to carry the club until Luck could come back...you don't rule that out unless you have to.  But realistically, they probably thought he was shelved for the season and there was no real need to get him back early considering the play of the team with him this year.

Sort of the opposite of what happened with Romo in Dallas.

I think they were holding out hope Matt would keep us in the hunt and maybe Luck would heal fast but everyone knew it would be close to the end of the season before it would even be possible he could be ready. It was in the team's interest to keep morale up and the hope up that he would return.....it also would keep ticket prices up as well. With the time frame falling as it did and they likely knowing his season was over they had little reason to tell us anything different.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

My guess is the decision wasn't made until it became clear that our chances at the playoffs were near zero.

And that happened within the last week.

Just my hunch,  but it seems to the most logical and reasonable to me.

Was there ever any doubt?  Seriously...these are the friggin Colts..when have they been truthful regarding the injury status of their franchise QB.  They keep fans, media & opposing teams dangling with the expectation of a pending return when all along they most likely knew that Luck was done for the year.  Remember how they drug out the whole Peyton Manning ordeal in 2011?  Luck was never any where near ready to play folks. And if the Colts somehow were to enter the playoffs this season in an alternate reality where all ten things fall into place, he won't play then either. Hopefully the upcoming offseason will give him the time needed for a full recovery.

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Was there ever any doubt?  Seriously...these are the friggin Colts..when have they been truthful regarding the injury status of their franchise QB.  They keep fans, media & opposing teams dangling with the expectation of a pending return when all along they most likely knew that Luck was done for the year.  Remember how they drug out the whole Peyton Manning ordeal in 2011?  Luck was never any where near ready to play folks. And if the Colts somehow were to enter the playoffs this season in an alternate reality where all ten things fall into place, he won't play then either. Hopefully the upcoming offseason will give him the time needed for a full recovery.

The good news is Luck got hurt a while ago so his injuries/kidney issues are not as recent. He will have A LOT of time to get healthy and should be raring to go in time.

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Everyone assumes Luck's not playing is because of medical reasons but.................Maybe Irsay said no way? Just a thought.....

Protecting him perhaps until we get a better line and to give him a full offseason to heal. He is the franchise and we pretty much are out of the Playoffs. If we get in the Playoffs on a pure miracle I wonder if he plays in the Playoffs though?

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't know why this bothers you so much, but it really does.

The thing of it is,  ALL NFL TEAMS do this if they can.    Unless the decision is obvious...  Knee injury, broken leg, something big, dramatic, and serious,  then all teams obscure the truth.   They feel it gives them a slight competitive advantage over future opponents.

Fans are supposed to understand this.     You, on the other hand, seem to be deeply offended.   As if they owe you and Colts Nation the 100% truth at all times.     I'm not sure why you think this,  but you've been on a near crusade about this most of the year.

Hey,  it's big business and the team is trying to win anyway they can.   One would think you'd appreciate their effort,   but for some odd reason,  that's not the case.

Whatever.........

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Everyone assumes Luck's not playing is because of medical reasons but.................Maybe Irsay said no way? Just a thought.....

Maybe if Luck had made it to full practice status, but when was the last time Luck was was at Full in practice?  He is still limited which hints the medical team still hasn't cleared him.

Then I ran across this piece which Luck himself says he's not healthy enough to play, yet.  And he is not on IR just in case the Colts do make the playoffs.

"While coach Chuck Pagano said it was because Luck wouldn't receiver the proper number of practice repetitions needed to ready him for Sunday, Luck conceded that his lacerated kidney has not fully healed. This comes seven weeks after he was injured in a Nov. 8 victory over the Denver Broncos."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/12/30/colts-andrew-luck-not-play-sunday/78081272/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14467635/indianapolis-colts-rule-andrew-luck-tennessee-titans

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Maybe if Luck had made it to full practice status, but when was the last time Luck was was at Full in practice?  He is still limited which hints the medical team still hasn't cleared him.

Then I ran across this piece which Luck himself says he's not healthy enough to play, yet.  And he is not on IR just in case the Colts do make the playoffs.

"While coach Chuck Pagano said it was because Luck wouldn't receiver the proper number of practice repetitions needed to ready him for Sunday, Luck conceded that his lacerated kidney has not fully healed. This comes seven weeks after he was injured in a Nov. 8 victory over the Denver Broncos."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/12/30/colts-andrew-luck-not-play-sunday/78081272/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14467635/indianapolis-colts-rule-andrew-luck-tennessee-titans

I know but I was thinking Irsay is more than likely glad Luck is sitting at this point. :dunno:

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Protecting him perhaps until we get a better line and to give him a full offseason to heal. He is the franchise and we pretty much are out of the Playoffs. If we get in the Playoffs on a pure miracle I wonder if he plays in the Playoffs though?

Good question? I really don't think Luck was even close but I would bet Irsay had given it some thought? :dunno::D

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

It's a lacerated kidney, not a kidney transplant......he will be fine.