Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts have gone 47 games without a 100+ yard rusher. The 7th longest streak in the history of the NFL.

Dustin

This is basically how I feel: 

l2fdwg1.jpg

Like, it takes a special level of incompetence to go 47 games without a 100+ yard rusher. Like, what are even the odds? You think there would at least be some sort of fluke where a defender fell down and a back got a huge run that could put him over 100. 

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

l2fdwg1.jpg

Like, it takes a special level of incompetence to go 47 games without a 100+ yard rusher. Like, what are even the odds? You think there would at least be some sort of fluke where a defender fell down and a back got a huge run that could put him over 100. 

I know you would think at least in 1 game out of 47 someone would have a 70 or 80 Yard run in a game like Donald Brown even had in 2011 vs Tennessee.

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

l2fdwg1.jpg

Well Grigson is a special type of incompetence when it comes to building championship teams. we are just on the road to breaking all the wrong records thanks to his roster. 

Yeah but there actually was 3-4 instances Richardson got off to a good start towards getting 100 yards in minimal carries but for one reason or another we did not stick with him in the game

(all 2014 games below he was well on his way towards 100 yards based on total yards or average)

Bengals-77 yards on only 14 carries

Baltimore-Only 9 carries but 37 yards

Cleveland-7 carries 30 yards

Philadelphia-21 carries 79 yards

Giants-7 carries 33 yards

Also last year (Dan Heron)

Washington-8 carries 88 yards

Bengals-5 carries 37 yards

Jax-12 carries 65 yards

Houston-11 carries 60 yards

NE-10 carries 51 yards (Playoffs)

Cincy-12 carries 56 yards (Playoffs)

All 2014 games, That streak would have ended by now had we been able to stick with the run in some games and actually not given up on the run on some others...But I agree...Aint even mad anymore

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well Grigson is a special type of incompetence when it comes to building championship teams. we are just on the road to breaking all the wrong records thanks to his roster. 

A post bashing grigson? From you?! No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Yeah but there actually was 3-4 instances Richardson got off to a good start towards getting 100 yards in minimal carries but for one reason or another we did not stick with him in the game

(all 2014 games below he was well on his way towards 100 yards based on total yards or average)

Bengals-77 yards on only 14 carries

Baltimore-Only 9 carries but 37 yards

Cleveland-7 carries 30 yards

Philadelphia-21 carries 79 yards

Giants-7 carries 33 yards

Also last year (Dan Heron)

Washington-8 carries 88 yards

Bengals-5 carries 37 yards

Jax-12 carries 65 yards

Houston-11 carries 60 yards

NE-10 carries 51 yards (Playoffs)

Cincy-12 carries 56 yards (Playoffs)

All 2014 games, That streak would have ended by now had we been able to stick with the run in some games and actually not given up on the run on some others...But I agree...Aint even mad anymore

Great point, I think a full off season with Chud it might be a very diffrent story

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

l2fdwg1.jpg

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you would think at least in 1 game out of 47 someone would have a 70 or 80 Yard run in a game like Donald Brown even had in 2011 vs Tennessee.

The last RB who had the ability to run in the open field or break a long one was Donald Brown (everyone's favorite). All the rest of our backs since then can be chased down by 350 LB lineman (and they have been). Hell, Frank Gore runs himself into the ground on the rare occasion there's a little room to run.

If Bradshaw could shoulder a load without getting injured (and the play calling stuck with him), he would have had a few 100 yard games in that time.

P.S. off topic: Frank Gore has feet for hands. Stop throwing him the damn ball.

31 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

The last RB who had the ability to run in the open field or break a long one was Donald Brown (everyone's favorite). All the rest of our backs since then can be chased down by 350 LB lineman (and they have been). Hell, Frank Gore runs himself into the ground on the rare occasion there's a little room to run.

If Bradshaw could shoulder a load without getting injured (and the play calling stuck with him), he would have had a few 100 yard games in that time.

P.S. off topic: Frank Gore has feet for hands. Stop throwing him the damn ball.

Not exactly accurate when it comes to Gore dropping balls. He has 3 drops in 48 targets. As a team as far as rushing the ball we have only been stuffed 29 times as well on 322 attempts.....9% of our rush attempts...That's the 9th lowest percentage in the league IF Sporting Charts.com is accurate...Which I'm not 100% sold on that. Agree on Bradshaw though

56 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Not exactly accurate when it comes to Gore dropping balls. He has 3 drops in 48 targets. As a team as far as rushing the ball we have only been stuffed 29 times as well on 322 attempts.....9% of our rush attempts...That's the 9th lowest percentage in the league IF Sporting Charts.com is accurate...Which I'm not 100% sold on that. Agree on Bradshaw though

It is accurate on Gore. He may only have 3 "drops" but he bobbles damn near every pass he gets. His hands are terrible (that or he needs to concentrate on making receptions better). Either keep him into block or sub him out for Boom when you want the back to be a primary target or checkdown.

I can't in my wildest dreams believe this is a poor running back talent or a oline talent issue. Are all of our lines over the past 47 games top notch, no, but who has top notch lineman at all 5 spots? We've had Richardson, Bradshaw and a few others running the ball with no success at reaching 100. Now we have Gore who can't do it despite what he had done in all the years past coming to the Colts. My view says this is a coaching/scheme issue. If not one guy can hit that mark in 47 games while we've seen countless other teams do it with an avg back either against us or other teams, that screams we have more issues than just talent alone. We need new coaching on the oline and scheme adjustment perhaps. 

16 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I brought this up a few weeks ago and I got the "who cares" mostly

I know we use a two back system but not having a 100 yd rusher in over 3 years is just pathetic

We haven't had a running game since 2006

2007 was our last 1000 yard rusher in Joseph Addai

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My God, was tat Tennessee game really that long ago? 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Griggs & Pagano are Building the Monster slowly.:scratch:

Grigpags are geniuses! They're gonna have the monster ready when our children are in their primes so that they get to enjoy the success! 

10 hours ago, Dustin said:

Ballard rushed for 105 yards in week 15 of 2012. By the end of the season we'll have moved up to 5th place. The record is 72 and i see no reason why the Colts shouldn't surpass that.

http://www.footballperspective.com/longest-streaks-without-a-100-yard-rusher/

The list above was made in 2014, but the numbers still hold. 

Well.....   if you get your wish (and the wish of many here) and Grigson is fired,  then perhaps we'll get a GM who can build a line where running for over 100 yards is game isn't a fantasy,  but instead a reality.

We might be closer to that than you imagine.    And if we're at 47 and the record is 72,  that's another year and a half.........     I'd like to think that record will stand for many more years to come........