Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WIN OUT

colts1993

How many people on here think we can win out the rest of the games? We have Jaguars, Texans, Dolphins, and Titans left on the schedule. I honestly think we can due to the fact that we've had a lot of success within our division and the Dolphins don't look like too much of a threat. Thoughts?

It's very possible. Forget about last night. Don't look at the tape. Burn it. Move on to Jacksonville. Take one game at a time. Hopefully, Andrew gets back soon. That'll be a huge shot of mental adrenaline. Focus & do your jobs. Play mistake-free football. No turnovers, limited penalties. 

Forge on and keep that mindset.

1 hour ago, colts1993 said:

How many people on here think we can win out the rest of the games? We have Jaguars, Texans, Dolphins, and Titans left on the schedule. I honestly think we can due to the fact that we've had a lot of success within our division and the Dolphins don't look like too much of a threat. Thoughts?

It must be possible.

I think we can win in Jacksonville, even with Whitehurst at QB.

Houston looked very good for several weeks, but not so much against Buffalo -- that said, their DL will give our OL hell if  we don't get healthy between now and then, and I don't think we'll do too well should we be forced to play Whitehurst.  It sounds like we might have Luck back by then, so I hope we figure out something on the OL because it would suck to see JJ Watt put him on the injury report again.  This is the game of the year for us -- if we beat them, we should be in very good shape.  As much as I hate to say it, we really could use help from New England this week, as NE win over HOU, coupled with a Colts win over HOU makes it so we can win the AFC South even at 8-8.

Miami has beaten all 3 other AFC South teams, with Jax giving them the most trouble.  With a healthy Luck, I think we can win that game, but it sure is no 'gimme'.

Tennessee, IMO, is the worst team in the league (one could argue the Browns, but the Browns beat TEN by 2 TDs when they played this year).  I think we should win this game, regardless of who we have at QB.

As long as we win our AFC South games, we can win this division at 9-7 -- if NE beats HOU this week, then we can still win the division at 8-8, so long as we beat HOU.

Here's to hoping Luck comes back healthy, and that we figure a way to keep him upright.

First of all,  the Pitt debacle probably means very little in the big picture.  It only counts as one loss. It could be the kick in the * we needed. 

Secondly,  we could win out, but it may not be necessary.  I think 3 out of 4 could do the trick. 

The Houston game definitely looms large.  If we can choose one game to bring it,  this is the week.

Regardless, our fortunes are going to rest on the shoulders and health of #12. I'm anxious to see how he progresses under Chud for the rest of the season. We could go into the playoffs with the offense rolling and a ton of momentum. 

I think they can, I've felt that way since they beat the Broncos.  I thought the Falcons and Steelers were the only really hard games left on the schedule.  So I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Colts win their next four to finish the season and go 10-6 and win the division. 

I felt the Steelers game was going to be hard to win even with Luck let alone the backup QB.  They are just not a good match up for the Colts. 

3 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

First of all,  the Pitt debacle probably means very little in the big picture.  It only counts as one loss. It could be the kick in the * we needed. 

Secondly,  we could win out, but it may not be necessary.  I think 3 out of 4 could do the trick. 

The Houston game definitely looms large.  If we can choose one game to bring it,  this is the week.

Regardless, our fortunes are going to rest on the shoulders and health of #12. I'm anxious to see how he progresses under Chud for the rest of the season. We could go into the playoffs with the offense rolling and a ton of momentum. 

It will come down to the trenches. The lack of pass rush, inability to protect the QB, and mediocre run game will be exposed against playoff-caliber opponents. The consistency just hasn't been there to the point that you can count on them when push comes to shove.

A few foreboding stats:

• 26th ranked rushing attack and 3.6 YPC average
  • 28th in sacks generated

11 hours ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

We CAN win the rest of our games, it's a question of will we. We're capable of beating every remaining team.

Not only are we capable of beating every remaining team (Jax, Hou, Tenn, Mia), I think we can handle most of the Playoff teams on a very good day. We've beaten them before. Need Andrew, of course, to accomplish it. Anything is possible in the post-season.

I don't think Houston wins this week.  I think they'll get out coached by Bellichick and Brady enough for New England to pull it out.  I also think Blount will have a big day.  Pats I think are going to keep things fairly conservative on the O. They'll probably copy a lot of Buffalos game plan.  I don't have that much faith in Houstons run defense if you stay committed.  They'll probably treat Houston the same way as when they play the Colts. Pound the football with Blount, keep it simple, pick up first downs and next thing you know they are in the end zone.  I think the Pats will do enough to win.   We just need to do our part against Jacksonville.

15 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Almost. I believe that was the game where we scored a "game winning" TD to Coby Fleener but Reggie Wayne was flagged because he wasn't set before the snap. Ouch.

15 hours ago, CR91 said:

didnt we beat the dolphins in 2012?

Btw pgt, the Colts won 23-20.

We might win out....    

But I think it's just as likely we go 2-2.     And I would not rule out going 1-3.

Tennessee with Mariotta is much improved.    He's a match-up nightmare for everyone, and he will be for us.

The Texans defense is terrific.....   it'll be their offense that keeps us in the game.    Bu we're going to have to give Reitz some help on that side with JJW.     That's a possible nightmare.

Heck, even Jacksonville is playing better...

Nothing is clear or obvious.    The road we have is difficult.     Take nothing for granted.

Sorry,  I don't mean to be a kill-joy,  but there it is....

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 2:12 PM, colts1993 said:

I think the Dolphins are a trap game honestly.  They play 3 division leaders the last 4 games (I believe NYG, IND,NE) , and with recent success (after firing coach), I would think they're licking their chops to spoil some seasons.

Houston will be a difficult game, because it just may turn into winner take all.  However, with it being at home and a lot of people coming back (Luck, Castonzo, Dorsett, Thornton) I don't think we will lose. 

Ten & Jax are dying to give us a L like always, and I feel like they're much improved, but still not there yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if these are close games, but I don't see us losing

11 minutes ago, Restored said:

The Dolphins game and the Tennessee don't game mean anything if the Colts win this week and the next coupled with the Texans losing this week and the next.

You hit it on the nose.  If Houston loses this week to the Pats and the Colts win this week against Jacksonville, then the Colts clinch the division title next week with a win over Houston.  After that, I don't even care about the last two regular season games.  Might as well try to just get healthy thereafter.

On 12/8/2015 at 7:31 PM, masterlock said:

It will come down to the trenches. The lack of pass rush, inability to protect the QB, and mediocre run game will be exposed against playoff-caliber opponents. The consistency just hasn't been there to the point that you can count on them when push comes to shove.

A few foreboding stats:

• 26th ranked rushing attack and 3.6 YPC average
  • 28th in sacks generated

U are correct sir!

On 12/9/2015 at 11:34 AM, CoachLite said:

Never underestimate the competition. The slow starts and confused play means we are our worst competition - and we are formidable against ourselves.

Yep, This is the NFL. Any team is a capable opponent. However, if you are a team like the Colts struggling to break through and you needed to win 4 games in the NFL I don't know if you could plan it any better than having Jacksonville, Tennessee, Miami and Houston left on the schedule....The latter 3 have shown at times they can play with anyone but for the most part they've all had disappointing seasons and all 4 games are very winnable.