Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB 50 halftime show

danlhart87

I am digging ColdPlay too.

I am always pretty open minded when it comes to the halftime show because performers only get 20 minutes and they try to pack so much in. I was really impressed by Perry last year. I thought her show was great and I am not a big fan of hers. I did not like Madonna and I am a big fan of her music.

I have to say though I am not sure anyone tops U2. That was one of the best performances given 9/11 had just happened. They were the right band at the right time and of course the Pats winning their first ring that night was the cherry on top. :)

20 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Coldplay is ok, I guess.  Nowhere near the greatest band today, IMO.

True. But Rolling Stone readers voted them 4th best band of the 2000's...  right behind Green Day, Radiohead, and U2.  They also had the 12th best single in the 2000's, and 18th best album in the decade end polling.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-decade-end-readers-poll-20091208

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Pink Floyd was playing I would actually watch. Usually I don't even watch the halftime show, what ever party I am at I just get drink on and nonsense with others to take a break from the TV. If Kiss played I would watch that too, those dudes are like 70 and still great = Paul and Gene.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour would never consent to a reunion- even to play the Super Bowl.  Too much rift there...

17 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

jimmy buffett would be interesting. the audience could consist of a bunch of shirtless overweight 55-65 year old guys with coconut bikinis covering up their man-boobs 

Hey now. Some of us 55-65 year old guys are still in shape. Coconut bikinis? Wouldn't be caught dead in one of those monstrosities. Now, the other gender? That's different. Man, is that ever different.

I'm so sick of these lame weak artists being the half time show its football for crying out loud can we at least get 1 SB in the next few years done by real rock legends or classic metal band there is no reason for Metallica not doing a show they are one of the best metal bands ever and would destroy Super Bowl half time show

Now, what will be their song list?  I'm going with (no particular order) :

Clocks
Yellow
Viva La Vida
Shiver
Speed of sound

and if they can squeeze it in (honorable mention) -
Paradise

Just guessing for pure fun.  They have a gazillion songs, I might whiff on all of them, but betting I hit one or two out of the park. :blah:

They're a fairly mellow band, but songs like In My PLace are too mellow for Super Bowl halftime, IMO.

22 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

I can't believe Metallica hasn't been on a halftime show,  but I guess the pregame party will have to suffice. 

Would also like to see:

Pink Floyd

Black Sabbath 

Led Zepplin

That would be very very hard considering half of Floyd is dead or refuses to play together. And Zepplins been done since 07. Sabbath is still touring tho. 

On December 4, 2015 at 10:45:39 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

True. But Rolling Stone readers voted them 4th best band of the 2000's...  right behind Green Day, Radiohead, and U2.  They also had the 12th best single in the 2000's, and 18th best album in the decade end polling.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-decade-end-readers-poll-20091208

That doesn't say much for Rolling Stone readers, IMO.  Look who else they put in as best bands, but music is like food, you like what you like and you don't what you don't.

On December 4, 2015 at 11:31:57 AM, Nadine said:

Seems like everybody complained about Bruno Mars and then ended up liking him.

I think they look for broad appeal.  Not sure that's Cold Play but I like them. 

Bruno was alright, but the reason I liked that show was definitely RHCP. 

On 12/3/2015, 3:59:26, SteelDragon said:

I can't believe Metallica hasn't been on a halftime show,  but I guess the pregame party will have to suffice. 

Would also like to see:

Pink Floyd

Black Sabbath 

Led Zepplin

Pink Floyd - The most overplayed band in rock history. Can't turn on a radio, go into a bar, or even walk into a record store without hearing their burnt out songs. I don't see Roger Waters coming back anyway. He and Gimour have so many issues over personality clash. 

Black Sabbath - Too old. Tony Iommi in the last few years has had some health concerns, and then there is Ozzy Osbourne who's never in good shape. They're retiring for good for the health reasons. This will never happen anyway cause Heavy Metal is not everyone's cup of tea. 

Led Zeppelin - The 2nd most overrated band in the world (Grateful Dead gets #1). If I can go the rest of my life without hearing Stairway to Heaven, I can die somewhat peacefully. 

Metallica will never ever be at the halftime show cause they are a Metal band, but they have sold out pretty well corporately ever since the Black album, so I wouldn't be shocked if they pushed for something like this down the stretch, but I don't see it happening. Bruno Mars and Coldplay are much safer options that are more radio friendly. 

2 hours ago, Bogie said:

Blah. I wanted Britney Spears again. 

Motley Crue is retiring. They should be doing the halftime show and it would be super awesome to see the SB halftime show have "Shout at the Devil" in it with then a week long complaint feast from the media over "what about the children!"

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Motley Crue is retiring. They should be doing the halftime show and it would be super awesome to see the SB halftime show have "Shout at the Devil" in it with then a week long complaint feast from the media over "what about the children!"

I 100% approve of this message. 

Burn the pentagram too like they do on stage, oh man that looked awesome. People would be OUTRAGED too! 

My dad seen them back in the 80's, and used to always tell the story about the pentagram, and at some point during the encores, Tommy Lee did a drum solo and they turned the drum set upside down. I don't know if he still does that, but if don't, there's some videos of it on Youtube. It's absolutely amazing 

I HATED Motley Crue as a kid, but now that I'm older, i realize they were pretty good for their time.