Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller putting his knee on the throat of a downed opponent (Jack Doyle)

Dustin

I hardly think that was intentional. He was being grasped by the shoulder pads and had no clue who was grabbing him. If you've played football before you'd know what that's like, you really don't pay attention beneath you only whomever is grabbing you.

He positioned his leg on this torso/neck area before he was even touched.

I hardly think that was intentional. He was being grasped by the shoulder pads and had no clue who was grabbing him. If you've played football before you'd know what that's like, you really don't pay attention beneath you only whomever is grabbing you.

Are you serious right now or are you blind.  After he initially falls on doyle, he pushes himself up and then throws himself down on doyle again.  Then he RESISTS being pulled off and looking down while pushing his knee on his mask. 

It was completely intentional.

He positioned his leg on this torso/neck area before he was even touched.

Yea... but it doesn't mean he was aiming for his throat... he's trying to get up. I mean I put knee on you for sec to get up is not a big deal. And everything changes when all of a sudden your being pulled. I think his teammate made it look much worse than what it really was. But then again it's perception.

Are you serious right now or are you blind. After he initially falls on doyle, he pushes himself up and then throws himself down on doyle again. Then he RESISTS being pulled off and looking down while pushing his knee on his mask.

Like I said in reply to Dustin it's all perception. But I'm going by my time in football and putting a knee on someone wasn't intentional but it happens and panic issues when someone grabs your pads after a play is over. But yes it may very well have been intentional, I just can easily see how it got skewed because of the grabbing of his pads.

Like I said in reply to Dustin it's all perception. But I'm going by my time in football and putting a knee on someone wasn't intentional but it happens and panic issues when someone grabs your pads after a play is over. But yes it may very well have been intentional, I just can easily see how it got skewed because of the grabbing of his pads.

Then you just must have been naturally dirty, cause I never did that.  After seeing him slam himself down on doyle, it is obvious it is intentional, especially for that amount of time and when he was resisting someone pulling him off.  It doesn't matter who is pulling you off, if you are resisting then you are trying to maintain what you are doing.  He was looking down at doyle, knowing his positioning and he wanted to maintain that position. 

I saw that when it happened.

Its kinda cool we made the league's #1 defense lose its cool.

I don't think they've been handled like that before. I'm very proud of the Colts.

See what happens without the turnovers and penalties? We have a chance.......against anyone.

Thank you for reminding me.  I was so focused on not having turnovers, I forgot the penalties mostly dried up especially on the O-Line.   You are right, if we went 0 turnovers and similar result in penalties as this game, we'd be undefeated right now.  

From the way Denver was playing you could tell they thought they would just come in here and punch us in the mouth on defense. Lot of dirty hits out there. Thought they would impose there will on us. They must have really believed us beating them last year was a fluke. Wrong mindset chumps!

Yes

See the reason I asked is because I know some want the nasty edge to our team and then others want to keep the good clean image of our team. I personally would love to have him but it'd be awkward for Doyle and him haha

Absolutely not.

I cannot stand Von.

Denver should see Talib suspended for a game for intentional eye poking... to me that is the very worst thing I have ever seen caught on TV so clearly.  Even worse than Suh's nonsense over the years.   That rose from a penalty to actual personal assault because it was not related in any way to playing the game of football.  I will never view him (Talib) the same again... thug city all the way.  

The knee to the neck should also see a huge fine and deserves a suspension because it too was intentional and not part of a football play.  But it still pales compared to risking someone's blindness as a result of your actions.  Talib is as big a punk loser as Suh ever was.  

See the reason I asked is because I know some want the nasty edge to our team and then others want to keep the good clean image of our team. I personally would love to have him but it'd be awkward for Doyle and him haha

I cannot stand dirty players.

Plus personal fouls can be killer.

Are you serious right now or are you blind.  After he initially falls on doyle, he pushes himself up and then throws himself down on doyle again.  Then he RESISTS being pulled off and looking down while pushing his knee on his mask. 

COMPLETELY INTENTIONAL lol.  The guy might be blind.  Don't make fun :)

I saw lots of dirty cheap shots. That's what happens when you're a bunch of punks getting your rear end handed to you. Ward, Talib, Miller were all dirty. There's a difference between laying a hit on someone and tryint to injure them. I saw people trying to take people out with cheap shots. Mainly on Luck

Von Miller is one of the biggest pieces of trash in the league; he's an absolute scrub and a hoser. I can't stand him. His attitude is Suh-esque. I really don't want the Colts to pursue him if he hits the free agent market.

He's not that good off the juice ala Shawn Merriman

Clearly intentional as I see it.  I don't know how there could even be question about it.  It was dirty even before the inetntional knee to the throat.

First: Both hands on face mask.. jams his head into the ground.

Second: Flops all his upper body weight directly on his head.

Third.  Places his knee in the throat area and puts all his weight on hit to get up.

Fourth: drives down with his knee as he's partially up with his other knee on the ground.

This deserves a significant fine.

Clearly intentional as I see it.  I don't know how there could even be question about it.  It was dirty even before the inetntional knee to the throat.

First: Both hands on face mask.. jams his head into the ground.

Second: Flops all his upper body weight directly on his head.

Third.  Places his knee in the throat area and puts all his weight on hit to get up.

Fourth: drives down with his knee as he's partially up with his other knee on the ground.

This deserves a significant fine.

There are LOTS of Denver fans saying it wasn't dirty.

I don't see how it isn't.

I saw lots of dirty cheap shots. That's what happens when you're a bunch of punks getting your rear end handed to you. Ward, Talib, Miller were all dirty. There's a difference between laying a hit on someone and tryint to injure them. I saw people trying to take people out with cheap shots. Mainly on Luck

I noticed TJ Ward hitting Luck in the knees on one of his runs.

Your time in football has no bearing on how physics work.

Hard to believe anyone could look at this play and think it was unintentional.  The body slam was actually the more likely to cause injury. Surge for some reason wants to see the body slam as Doyle pulling Miller down. My prediction is that Miller faces no fine or suspension, even though this incident led directly to Talib's eye poke. Some players, like Miller or the Patriots' Gronkowksi, do this stuff every game and get away with it because they are "stars."

Do you guys still want to bring him in here if he reaches the open market

I wouldn't want him if he was a clean player.

Do you have any idea what kind of coin he's gonna cost to bring here?  Build your team through the draft not through free agency.  

I don't mind free agency to help round out the team but I don't believe in bringing in super stars via free agency.  They cost a ton of money much of which will have to be guaranteed and half the time they don't work out.

We're gonna have to be opening up the checkbook for Luck pretty soon and then we're gonna open up the checkbook for Von Miller at the same time.  Nothing I can say about that other then "cap nightmare"

Add in the fact that this is a guy that's going to give up 15 yard penalties on a routine basis because he's "mean".  I don't believe that you need a guy that gives up 15 yard penalties after the whistle to have a good defense.   You don't intimidate professional football players because you like to stomp on guys heads or put your knee in their throats.  

I wouldn't want him if he was a clean player.

Do you have any idea what kind of coin he's gonna cost to bring here? Build your team through the draft not through free agency.

I don't mind free agency to help round out the team but I don't believe in bringing in super stars via free agency. They cost a ton of money much of which will have to be guaranteed and half the time they don't work out.

We're gonna have to be opening up the checkbook for Luck pretty soon and then we're gonna open up the checkbook for Von Miller at the same time. Nothing I can say about that other then "cap nightmare"

Add in the fact that this is a guy that's going to give up 15 yard penalties on a routine basis because he's "mean". I don't believe that you need a guy that gives up 15 yard penalties after the whistle to have a good defense. You don't intimidate professional football players because you like to stomp on guys heads or put your knee in their throats.

At what point do we accept that Grigson is incapable of drafting edge rusher, arguablly the most important part of the defense, and sign a proven one? You know how much better our defense would be if we had signed Parnell McPhee this past off-season?

Without a pass rush threat on the edge, the defense is capped at average.

At what point do we accept that Grigson is incapable of drafting edge rusher, arguablly the most important part of the defense, and sign a proven one? You know how much better our defense would be if we had signed Parnell McPhee this past off-season?

Without a pass rush threat on the edge, the defense is capped at average.

McPhee is awesome.

Did you watch this gif of it? I noticed it during the game but didn't notice how he slammed himself down ontop of Doyel again. It was clearly intentional. Dwyane Allen got in Von Millers face about it and Talib poked his eye in. Pretty dirty plays...