Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Von Miller putting his knee on the throat of a downed opponent (Jack Doyle)

Dustin

At what point do we accept that Grigson is incapable of drafting edge rusher, arguablly the most important part of the defense, and sign a proven one? You know how much better our defense would be if we had signed Parnell McPhee this past off-season?

Without a pass rush threat on the edge, the defense is capped at average.

If a GM is incapable to drafting a player at an important position then he should be let go.  He only really tried once though.  

The Broncos Defense played beyond being aggressive. they played with the intent to hurt. That was a surprise to me because Peyton must have been seeing this happen and that goes contrary to good sportsmanship. I was proud the Colts player remained composed and was the adult in the room

Did you watch this gif of it? I noticed it during the game but didn't notice how he slammed himself down ontop of Doyel again. It was clearly intentional. Dwyane Allen got in Von Millers face about it and Talib poked his eye in. Pretty dirty plays...

I did. I guess I'm different but throwing your weight on someone is common place in football. It's an emotional game. I've been in Doyles position before and usually it just meant good news for me because I'm getting under their skin.

The knee is everyone's issue and while I do see the potential of it being intentional, I also see how someone grabbing at the pads would skew the situation. I appreciate you actually asking me though and not labeling me a dirty player. :-)

If a GM is incapable to drafting a player at an important position then he should be let go. He only really tried once though.

Also, top tier edge rushers, like QBs and LTs, usually are exclusively picked near the top of the draft. There's not really much chance of grabbing an elite edge rusher nearthe 20s and 30s.

Your time in football has no bearing on how physics work.

Physics would say his planted left foot would've been the point of force to retain balance and his knee was the support before extension, but because his weight was pulled forward he no longer had a planted foot and therefore had to shift his weight to his knee causing the action. But like I originally said, I could be wrong and it was intentional.

I did. I guess I'm different but throwing your weight on someone is common place in football. It's an emotional game. I've been in Doyles position before and usually it just meant good news for me because I'm getting under their skin.

The knee is everyone's issue and while I do see the potential of it being intentional, I also see how someone grabbing at the pads would skew the situation. I appreciate you actually asking me though and not labeling me a dirty player. :-)

Scumbag:  "Officer, I did not mean to choke the poor guy to death, I just used my knee to keep him from breathing...and he suddenly passed...."

Officer:  "You have the right to remain silent......."

when will the NFL hand down the penalties for Sundays late games?  I know they have a certain amount of time they have to give it depending on when the game was held.  Also, when will Coach Gary Kubiak act on his thugs?  Fines / Penalties?  Or does he only speak to his team as a whole and not to individual players? :facepalm:

Talib I'm glad we never signed that dude. TJ ward also he is a dirty player. Von Miller upset dirty player couldn't do anything after Ware went out. Colts won fair and square. No dirty plays no cheating and the most important stat of them all zero turn overs!!

I see what youre saying about having the knee down on a player but just before that Von tackled him. Then Von stood back up on both two feet and body slammed himself back down on top of Doyel before he could get up. Then mixed with the knee to the chest as his fellow player tries to pull him off. I don't see any other way that it wasn't intentional.

All I can say is the locker room there must really be a Joy Ride Carnival . Peyton will never win his second there.These 2 instances are not the only ones that happened. Last time we played Iseen dirty play from the Broncos D as well. Is it possible this traces back to the owner ?

All I can say is the locker room there must really be a Joy Ride Carnival . Peyton will never win his second there.These 2 instances are not the only ones that happened. Last time we played Iseen dirty play from the Broncos D as well. Is it possible this traces back to the owner ?

Chris Harris tried to maim TY Hilton too....Dirty  :censored2:

I noticed TJ Ward hitting Luck in the knees on one of his runs.

He looked like he targeted Lucks knees. Whether out of intent to hurt or just get him down cause he's a big dude. But from watching the rest of his play throughout the game I'd say intent to injure. Lot of late hits on Luck and other players. Helmet to helmets. There was also one were Griff burnt him and on the tackle Ward was on top of him trying to rip at his arms and all kinds of weird after the play is dead crap. Looks like we just got all in their heads and they did t take it to well. 2000 Ravens my behind! Lol bums!