Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Thomas Visiting Colts

TKnight24

I think him getting cut was a cap savings and the fact he wasn't healthy. If he is healthy now and we sign him for minimum and see if he has anything I'm fine with that....he can play center too correct so to me it's a no brainier if he passes the physical.

There is nothing wrong with Thorton. If healthy Thomas is a for sure upgrade over Herremans or Louis for depth. And if we ever needed to move Mewhort back out to tackle we could with a healthy Thomas. I would think he should be healthy by now. With all the lineman the Pats have lost lately im a little curious if the pats have looked his way.

Part of the issue is Luck not all of it 50% Luck 50% Coaching.

mostly Luck, he proved that in the first half of the Pats game when he was getting the ball out fast and they were moving. He then went back to holding the ball in the second half and in the Saints game. I will fault for the coaches for not running the ball enough. I have said for years if they get down at all they give up on the run even if it's less than a touch down.

Back to Luck though. He's thinking way too much out there and I don't think he has confidence in what he's seeing which is leading to him thinking which is leading to him holding the ball. This is where the loss of Reggie shows up. When be would get in trouble in the past he would dump it to Reggie. He doesn't have that right now. Although I think Moncrief is becoming that guy.

Hmmmm... what is that I hear? The Colts hitting absolute rock bottom?  ECHO... Echo...echo... e c h o.... 

PS: Oh, and by the way, who is "trying him out?"  Is it the same knuckleheads who signed Herreman for example?  If so, we can hardly have faith in their judgement.   Workouts won't show them anything other than he can walk/run without a noticeable limp.  

mostly Luck, he proved that in the first half of the Pats game when he was getting the ball out fast and they were moving. He then went back to holding the ball in the second half and in the Saints game. I will fault for the coaches for not running the ball enough. I have said for years if they get down at all they give up on the run even if it's less than a touch down.

Back to Luck though. He's thinking way too much out there and I don't think he has confidence in what he's seeing which is leading to him thinking which is leading to him holding the ball. This is where the loss of Reggie shows up. When be would get in trouble in the past he would dump it to Reggie. He doesn't have that right now. Although I think Moncrief is becoming that guy.

When you come out that flat in the first half of a game that's the coaches fault also he wasn't getting much help out there in the first half last week even when he made a perfect throw the WR dropped it.

Idk, Pats are doing ok with 3 rookies (one late rd) and an UDFA rookie starting OL. Chuck doesn't give opportunities to young players often he is to loyal to his vets.

I would think that by now people have realized that BB just has a special way with talent. His coaching and schemes are designed to put his guys in the best situation to win. He's like Tom Landry in that regard.

The Colts aren't that type of team though. Our GM and coaches aren't BB where you can actually put stock into a 7th round pick.

When you come out that flat in the first half of a game that's the coaches fault also he wasn't getting much help out there in the first half last week even when he made a perfect throw the WR dropped it.

if your in the NFL and you need a coach to get you motivated for a game something is wrong with you, I've heard countless players say that so I don't put the team coming out flat all on the coaches a lot of that falls on the players. I think there was a clear hangover from the New England game and try as you might coaches can't always prevent that.

Luck is not the only one struggling I'll agree to that but there were several times on simple plays where he was tossing to backs that he was making ugly throws to the point throwing to the backs was becoming an adventure. I think the core problem is Luck is not confident out there right now which is leading to second guessing himself which means he's thinking too much rather than just playing. Why he's not confident I don't know. It could he's being asked to do too much. It could be he's trying too hard to avoid mistakes. It could be he's a little nervous after th first injury if his career. It could be he's still injuried to an extent and his thinking about protecting that. It could be after all the hits he's had to this point in his career and with all the mistakes this year he's seeing ghosts. It's probably a combination of things. At any rate to quote Hank Hill "That boy aint right."

I mean this is not that significant of news, but I'm surprised no one mentioned that Miami signed Ulrick John off the practice squad according to Stampede Blue and Kevin Bowen.

Nobody mentioned it,  because nobody knows.     It's not like the Colts advertise that.

Very, very disappointing.

I hope we can get him back.