Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

TKnight24

If Adams is out, that is bad. We just cant stay healthy.

I think Adams just has a hamstring issue. At his age they will probably hold him out. Should be okay between Colt Anderson, Dewey Mac, and Winston Guy in the short term I think.

Eh. He prolly won't last long. It's not a good sign when a player is a free agent for a multi-week period in the midst of the regular season.

Anyone remember Josh Cribbs? Pagano talked like he had found the holy grail of return men, and as it turns out the paper his contract was printed on was worth more than he was.

The good thing is, all he has to do is be better than Butler on the outside...

Isn't he designated for a week 8 return... Considering we're already heading to week 7, I don't think it'll be a month

Add 8 weeks to the date he was placed on IR and that's when he's eligible to play again. Appears to me that would make it week 11 , game 10 vs Atlanta.

Out of curiosity....who do you think we should get if it were to happen and for what

Not really sure who exactly but I am sure a team or two would be willing especially if they are going into rebuilding mode.  We lack pass rushers and don't stand a chance against the better teams without a pass rush.  Maybe Mathis will come into form, maybe we'll start developing a pass rush as the season goes on, that would be great.  I am just saying I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least attempt to make a trade. 

Not really sure who exactly but I am sure a team or two would be willing especially if they are going into rebuilding mode.  We lack pass rushers and don't stand a chance against the better teams without a pass rush.  Maybe Mathis will come into form, maybe we'll start developing a pass rush as the season goes on, that would be great.  I am just saying I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least attempt to make a trade. 

I dont think its a bad idea either and its for sure worth looking into, but I just dont know of any team that has a quality pass rusher is going to give him up easily, or at all.  Not without selling the farm to buy the cow..........if you catch my drift

Isn't he designated for a week 8 return... Considering we're already heading to week 7, I don't think it'll be a month

Add 8 weeks to the date he was placed on IR and that's when he's eligible to play again. Appears to me that would make it week 11 , game 10 vs Atlanta.

This is right.

Really? My friends said he sucked.

He's a fan favorite to hate on because he commits illegal contact/pass interference call at inopprtune times.  To me, he fits right in on the Colts.  Excels in man coverage, and has good awareness {a few picks and fumble recoveries in limited starting roles). Possesses very good quickness and speed, and can mirror his man better than quite a few other DB's.  He is pretty weak in zone (see, fits right in).  So if he doesn't play zone, or commit huge interference penalties at the absolute worst times, he'll likely contribute and fairly well.  I'm on board with the acquisition so far...

O your right! I thought we put him on IR before the season, but read that he should be back for the Atlanta game

O your right! I thought we put him on IR before the season, but read that he should be back for the Atlanta game

also, just an FYI, according to the rules of the IR recall, the player has to be placed on IR after the start of the regular season in order to be eligible for recall.  If Smith had been put on IR before the season started then he wouldn't have been eligible for return. :)