Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian Regrets Qb Backup Plan, Blames It For His Firing By Colts

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

I'm also interested where it says, "He was more upset about his son losing his job." Wow, feels like some fans nailed it on the head - this guy was just using his power to put his son on the pedestal. Now I'll wager wherever Bill goes, the other Polian goes with him. I'm glad we fired both these guys. Bill needs to tell his son to find his own job. How many teams out there are going to hire a 2-man GM package?

It could also be Irsay only wanted to fire one (ie. probably the younger Polian) but Bill wouldn't let him, but that's speculation.

I'm also interested where it says, "He was more upset about his son losing his job." Wow, feels like some fans nailed it on the head - this guy was just using his power to put his son on the pedestal. Now I'll wager wherever Bill goes, the other Polian goes with him. I'm glad we fired both these guys. Bill needs to tell his son to find his own job. How many teams out there are going to hire a 2-man GM package?

It could also be Irsay only wanted to fire one (ie. probably the younger Polian) but Bill wouldn't let him, but that's speculation.

Are you by chance a Dad?

Any father would be upset that their son lost his job, regardless of circumstance. That statement by Polian does not seem to be a big deal.

I don't think it's a surprise that he was more concerned about his son losing his job. As a parent, you would always be concerned about your child. I think some people are looking at it as 2 different guys, but this is a father and son. I'm sure Archie is concerned about Peyton's neck more than any injury he ever had. I think that's just the nature of being a parent. Another thing to add is that Bill Polian has a very impressive resume, so he could find another job fairly easily if he wanted to. His son Chris, on the other hand, doesn't have quite the same resume, so it would be harder for him to get back into management

Are you by chance a Dad?

Any father would be upset that their son lost his job, regardless of circumstance. That statement by Polian does not seem to be a big deal.

True, but he said that is what he was most upset about. So he's saying that upset is worse than his poor 1st round draft decisions, handling of the o-line, his lack of backup QB plan, handling of the head coach, or his authoratian regime over the defense. Yea, I think I'd rather he say he was more upset about one of those things.

I'm sorry, but football is a business. He needs to take his family relations elsewhere.

The lack of a back up plan..........cost the Colts more than just this season. So it is kind of huge

True, but he said that is what he was most upset about. So he's saying that upset is worse than his poor 1st round draft decisions, handling of the o-line, his lack of backup QB plan, handling of the head coach, or his authoratian regime over the defense. Yea, I think I'd rather he say he was more upset about one of those things.

I'm sorry, but football is a business. He needs to take his family relations elsewhere.

You did not answer my "are you a Dad" question directly but that statement alone told me all I needed to know.

Family is far and away the most important thing, incredibly more important than a busted first round selection and the other stuff you want him to upset about. Being regretful that his kid lost his job is an extremely natural reaction.

Anyone ever stop to consider that it's hard to pay for more talent when 30 million of your roster sits for a year. This is a perfect storm scenario for the Colts to have another decade of success if Irsay does some good hiring. I don't think Peyton is in the long term plan's anymore than one more season. Peyton has gotten all the extra consideration that he's earned and the clock just struck midnight. Polian created this monster and when it ran out of gas, he got caught with his pants down, and dictators don't deserve to survive failure.

Polian created this monster and when it ran out of gas, he got caught with his pants down, and dictators don't deserve to survive failure.

Ha! So many metaphors!

let me get this straight...

Bill Polian (the dictator) created the current Colts team (a GAS-powered monster) in order to hold up his pants?

I do agree with your point, though. Death to the pants-less dictators!

Are you by chance a Dad?

Agreed & honestly our last draft appears to have been a good one. I believe Chris was the guy who had the most influence on the draft. I myself have been involved in a father & son firing. Not fun & if one goes the other does to no matter how good of a job you do.

Are you by chance a Dad?

You generally get back what you put in and Chris by all accounts got rid of people who stood in his way. I wonder if he or Bill thought about all the lives they disrupted in their purge

That's not what the article said. It said he was more upset about his son losing his job than he was about losing his own job.

In his first comments since he and his son, general manager Chris Polian, were dismissed Monday, Polian said the timing of the move was surprising and that he was more upset about his son losing his job.

Agreed & honestly our last draft appears to have been a good one. I believe Chris was the guy who had the most influence on the draft. I myself have been involved in a father & son firing. Not fun & if one goes the other does to no matter how good of a job you do.

why does it appear to be a good one? constanzo played decent while being injured for a chunk of the season, iljana played for about 20 min before having a season ending injury, nevis only appeared in a few games before having back problems, carter looked good early before being sent to the doghouse due to his fumbling problems. i like the players, but they still have A LOT to prove...

You generally get back what you put in and Chris by all accounts got rid of people who stood in his way. I wonder if he or Bill thought about all the lives they disrupted in their purge

With all due respect to Irsay, he should of stepped in when this started happening. He should've stopped Chris Polians promotion to begin with.

Ha! So many metaphors!

let me get this straight...

Bill Polian (the dictator) created the current Colts team (a GAS-powered monster) in order to hold up his pants?

I do agree with your point, though. Death to the pants-less dictators!

I'm painting with words over here!

This board has turned around! One moment people are defending Bill and using his past as evidence, and now we are slamming the door in his face.

Not me. I have never defended him. Go check all my posts since I got here. I frequently posted that I wanted Polian gone more than Caldwell even.

This board has turned around! One moment people are defending Bill and using his past as evidence, and now we are slamming the door in his face.

Well speaking of defending Polian and the entire front office & coaching staff for that matter...

Where the heck is dn these days :dunno: ? Disappeared all of a sudden right before things really started poppin around here! What if he was really Irsay playing devil's advocate to get a line on how Colts fans were feeling about things? lmao

Back on topic...I never understood why Polian never addressed back up quarterback. Bill's focus on elevating Chris's career got toxic so I am glad that Irsay removed that element at least.

Not me. I have never defended him. Go check all my posts since I got here. I frequently posted that I wanted Polian gone more than Caldwell even.

I just wanted to point it out for fun. :)

But it was 80% Polian-supporters and 20% anti-polian (which I was apart of). Never did like his tactics and the way he built the team. But could not really say anything because frankly, it worked. But the way he built the team was a high risk- high reward thing.

Most parents care more about what happens to their kids than themselves. It's not shocking to see that a dad was more upset because his son lost his job than himself. That's just parents nature.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, January 5, 2012 - Reference to a former poster
Hidden by Coltssouth, January 5, 2012 - Reference to a former poster

Well speaking of defending Polian and the entire front office & coaching staff for that matter...

Where the heck is dn these days :dunno: ? Disappeared all of a sudden right before things really started poppin around here! What if he was really Irsay playing devil's advocate to get a line on how Colts fans were feeling about things? lmao

Back on topic...I never understood why Polian never addressed back up quarterback. Bill's focus on elevating Chris's career got toxic so I am glad that Irsay removed that element at least.

You may be right about dn. Irsay said he reads blogs and the timing of dn's disappearance does make you wonder.......a little. :)

In August I predicted he would be fired after this year and I used to argue all the time about it with dn

I even made a joke about what the end of the season would look like.

"Hello security? This is Jim Irsay. Please come up and supervise Mr Polian as he cleans out his desk"

In August I predicted he would be fired after this year and I used to argue all the time about it with dn

I even made a joke about what the end of the season would look like.

"Hello security? This is Jim Irsay. Please come up and supervise Mr Polian as he cleans out his desk"

Yeah, we were a minority lol.

When I clicked this topic, I fully expected to see some sort of sarcasm like, "This is something we'll never see in print because Irsay will never fire Polian AND Polian will never admit that he makes mistakes"

You can tell I've been out of the loop - I can't believe Polian really got fired!

Wow, this is scary - I hope the next guy is good. Changes at the top don't always result in winning teams.

Good luck Irsay - I hope you make a great choice!

When I clicked this topic, I fully expected to see some sort of sarcasm like, "This is something we'll never see in print because Irsay will never fire Polian AND Polian will never admit that he makes mistakes"

You can tell I've been out of the loop - I can't believe Polian really got fired!

Wow, this is scary - I hope the next guy is good. Changes at the top don't always result in winning teams.

Good luck Irsay - I hope you make a great choice!

True but the next GM gets a free pass....we're coming off 2-14