Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here are some random Colts stats

Dustin

Louis didn't give any reason to be benched this preseason. I think they intended to let Thornton compete for a starting spot, but he got hurt again. No team wants to shuffle their offensive line unless there's clear reason to do so. We're probably at that point right now.

I sure hope we're at that point, but who knows with this staff . . .

I sure hope we're at that point, but who knows with this staff . . .

Just two considerations, for me:

1) The play calling has been awful, and has made the line play look worse.

2) The Bills and Jets have two of the best fronts in the league. Jets are better than the Bills, IMO. So I don't think the line is as bad as it looked last night, but it's not much better.

Long and short, I don't pretend to know what the staff is going to do. If it were up to me, I'd have Reitz at LG, and be ready to yank Herremans at RG with another bad quarter. It's obviously not up to me...

Just two considerations, for me:

1) The play calling has been awful, and has made the line play look worse.

2) The Bills and Jets have two of the best fronts in the league. Jets are better than the Bills, IMO. So I don't think the line is as bad as it looked last night, but it's not much better.

Long and short, I don't pretend to know what the staff is going to do. If it were up to me, I'd have Reitz at LG, and be ready to yank Herremans at RG with another bad quarter. It's obviously not up to me...

I think they have THE best fronts in the league. Our line will look better soon, but those are the same fronts we kinda need to be able to beat in order to make it anywhere...

I think they have THE best fronts in the league. Our line will look better soon, but those are the same fronts we kinda need to be able to beat in order to make it anywhere...

Yeah, Denver's front looks just as good so far. I don't think New England's front is nearly as good, but their offense is on fire right now.

I realize they utilize Doyle as a FB in the run game too, but wow, just wow

IMO, first round picks (the guy that you couldn't live without above all other players still available in the draft) should be a player that is going to make an immediate impact on your team.  You don't draft a player in the 1st rd and make them a footnote in your game plan.  I'm not saying that Dorsett will never make an impact during this season, but to have him play such an insignificant role is mind boggling, especially now that he doesn't even have PR duties.  

Andrus Peat was picked #13 in the first round, and has played 8 snaps for the Saints. 

Arik Armstead was picked #17, and has played 26 snaps for the Niners.

Every time I see one of these threads it's never what I expect. I always expect to see something truly random, but I always end up finding just regular stats. 

Just once I want to open one of these threads and find something like:

Pat Mcafee poops at least 2 times per day. 

TY Hilton does not allow his dog to walk over 35 consecutive yards for fear of an asthma attack.

Coby Fleener's hair is 14.5 inches long.

D'Qwell Jackson has had 43 cats in his lifetime

Pep Hamilton has 4 different shades of carpet in his home. 

Greg Toler knows how to prepare 17 variations of macaroni and cheese. 

Andrew Luck has 17,387,412 neckbeard hairs.

Robert Mathis is 17% German.

Anthony Costanzo has a plate collection consisting of over 700 plates. 

Andre Johnson has owned exactly 0 floor lamps. 

Vontae Davis has been to Disney World 3 times.

Chuck Pagano has only seen 4 of the 6 "Star Wars" films. 

Dwayne Allen is a 34% free throw shooter.

See, THOSE are random stats. That's what I'm looking for when I come to these threads. And it never happens .

"Frogs"?

The story I remember is that the Texans wanted to get back into the first to draft Dorsett. I would rather have him myself than let a division rival get him. I think he's going to be gooood.

was supposed to say grigs auto corrects faillllll

Every time I see one of these threads it's never what I expect. I always expect to see something truly random, but I always end up finding just regular stats. 

Just once I want to open one of these threads and find something like:

Pat Mcafee poops at least 2 times per day. 

TY Hilton does not allow his dog to walk over 35 consecutive yards for fear of an asthma attack.

Coby Fleener's hair is 14.5 inches long.

D'Qwell Jackson has had 43 cats in his lifetime

Pep Hamilton has 4 different shades of carpet in his home. 

Greg Toler knows how to prepare 17 variations of macaroni and cheese. 

Andrew Luck has 17,387,412 neckbeard hairs.

Robert Mathis is 17% German.

Anthony Costanzo has a plate collection consisting of over 700 plates. 

Andre Johnson has owned exactly 0 floor lamps. 

Vontae Davis has been to Disney World 3 times.

Chuck Pagano has only seen 4 of the 6 "Star Wars" films. 

Dwayne Allen is a 34% free throw shooter.

See, THOSE are random stats. That's what I'm looking for when I come to these threads. And it never happens .

Post of the week, right here!!!

Andrus Peat was picked #13 in the first round, and has played 8 snaps for the Saints. 

Arik Armstead was picked #17, and has played 26 snaps for the Niners.

Awesome, and if I were a Saints fan or a Niners fan that would mean something to me, but I'm a Colts fan so I really only care about how much our first round pick is playing.

And those snap counts still do absolutely nothing to change my opinion on how much a role a first round pick should play, thanks for playing though too bad I don't have a consolation prize for you.

I think so. It was the play where Werner was unblocked but could not catch Fitzpatrick, and Fitz ended up almost running for a gain if not for Henry.

It would be interesting to see a clip of that play.....

Werner looked so bad in that play, running with his arms out just flapping them around with no control. I'm not sure why Newsome wasn't activated for the game but I bet he would have made that sack and possible help swing momentum in the game.

Werner looked so bad in that play, running with his arms out just flapping them around with no control. I'm not sure why Newsome wasn't activated for the game but I bet he would have made that sack and possible help swing momentum in the game.

Give me a break. That play still ended up a sack. You're just looking for excuses to complain about Werner. The fact is, Newsome was just as ineffective as Werner in the preseason and he's worse vs the run and the Jets are a heavy run team. Plus, Mathis made Newsome redundant (Mathis 14 snaps week 2, Newsome 16 snaps week 1).

I think so. It was the play where Werner was unblocked but could not catch Fitzpatrick, and Fitz ended up almost running for a gain if not for Henry.

It would be interesting to see a clip of that play.....

That was actually a nice play by Werner and a good team play. You are just being a ___ fan! JMO of course.

I realize they utilize Doyle as a FB in the run game too, but wow, just wow

IMO, first round picks (the guy that you couldn't live without above all other players still available in the draft) should be a player that is going to make an immediate impact on your team.  You don't draft a player in the 1st rd and make them a footnote in your game plan.  I'm not saying that Dorsett will never make an impact during this season, but to have him play such an insignificant role is mind boggling, especially now that he doesn't even have PR duties.  

Your knowledge or lack of regarding the history of 1st rd picks, especially late round ones that could just as easily been drafted 10-15 places later in ANY given draft, is typical of a very young, new fan of the game. Keep studying on the subject.

Your expectations are Out There. lol

That was actually a nice play by Werner and a good team play. You are just being a ___ fan! JMO of course.

I have defended Werner until this preseason, so my bias actually tilts towards him.  In fairness, Fitz saw that Werner was unblocked and immediately began to sprint away from him after the snap.  It would have been difficult for anybody to catch Fitz with the lead he had.  But Werner could not change his momentum fast enough to tackle Fitz has he headed back towards the LOS and sort of ended up making a big loop.  Fitz changed direction much more efficiently than Werner.

It wasn't a bad play by Werner since he also could not let Fitz double-back on him.....but it did show a lack of quickness and athleticism needed for the position, IMO.

Your knowledge or lack of regarding the history of 1st rd picks, especially late round ones that could just as easily been drafted 10-15 places later in ANY given draft, is typical of a very young, new fan of the game. Keep studying on the subject.

Your expectations are Out There. lol

Please enlighten me then Sherlock