Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here are some random Colts stats

Dustin

Luck and Moncrief continue with that great chemistry from last season. Luck has a 131.0 passer rating when targeting Moncrief. 

Speaking of Moncrief, with an increase of yards and targets, he's actually become more efficient (contrary to the idea that more opportunity decreases efficiency), he's currently averaging 2.18 yards per route run, up from his 1.78 last season, which currently places him 12th in the NFL in that category. 

Henry Anderson  is good. Like, really good. He currently leads all 3-4 DEs in run stops at 10. The next closest player is at 7. Not only does he lead the in pure stops, he also leads in run stop percentage. Anderson has an absolutely mind-blowing 20% run stop rate! The next closest players is at 12.5%. To put this into perspective, Calais Campbell led the category in this stats last year and was only at 12.0%! Anderson is making a run stop once every five run plays!

The Colts have the 20th highest pass blocking efficiency in the NFL. 

Anthony Castonzo has allowed only 2 pressures. 

To say Todd Herremans had a terrible game against the Jets would be an understatement. He allowed 7 pressures by himself. 

Trent Cole has 3 pressures in two games. 

Khaled Holmes has allowed more pressures than any Center in the NFL at 10. 

Colts TE's have only 6 targets.

Colts RBs have only 10 targets. To put this into perspective, last season Ahmad Bradshaw alone had 11 targets through 2 games. 

If you want a specific stat, ask and I'll post it for you. 

Luck and Moncrief continue with that great chemistry from last season. Luck has a 131.0 passer rating when targeting Moncrief.

Speaking of Moncrief, with an increase of yards and targets, he's actually become more efficient (contrary to the idea that more opportunity decreases efficiency), he's currently averaging 2.18 yards per route run, up from his 1.78 last season, which currently places him 12th in the NFL in that category.

Henry Anderson is good. Like, really good. He currently leads all 3-4 DEs in run stops at 10. The next closest player is at 7. Not only does he lead the in pure stops, he also leads in run stop percentage. Anderson has an absolutely mind-blowing 20% run stop rate! The next closest players is at 12.5%. To put this into perspective, Calais Campbell led the category in this stats last year and was only at 12.0%! Anderson is making a run stop once every five run plays!

The Colts have the 20th highest pass blocking efficiency in the NFL.

Anthony Castonzo has allowed only 2 pressures.

To say Todd Herremans had a terrible game against the Jets would be an understatement. He allowed 7 pressures by himself.

Trent Cole has 3 pressures in two games.

Khaled Holmes has allowed more pressures than any Center in the NFL at 10.

Colts TE's have only 6 targets.

Colts RBs have only 10 targets. To put this into perspective, last season Ahmad Bradshaw alone had 11 targets through 2 games.

If you want a specific stat, ask and I'll post it for you.

What do Andersons PRP and other pass rush metrics look like.

I think those stats provide solid data for what many have been saying.

What is interesting is that the Oline is 20th in pass blocking efficiency. That's actually not too bad considering the defenses and the amount of blitzing that they've faced.

It also says that Holmes and Herreman's have been bad.....and whoever gets plugged in next to AC does well.

And that either Pep or Luck have forgotten what a short pass to a TE or RB is.

I never understood the Cole signing. So far he seems to be just another guy.

Did Anderson get credit for a sack last night? I remember QB scrambling and was tackled short of the line and I thought it was Anderson.

He is impressive and will soon be known as a Beast, also he will line up all over the D line.

I think so. It was the play where Werner was unblocked but could not catch Fitzpatrick, and Fitz ended up almost running for a gain if not for Henry.

It would be interesting to see a clip of that play.....

Here's another stat: 3rd string TE Jack Doyle played more snaps than 1st round pick WR Phillip Dorsett.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

I realize they utilize Doyle as a FB in the run game too, but wow, just wow

IMO, first round picks (the guy that you couldn't live without above all other players still available in the draft) should be a player that is going to make an immediate impact on your team.  You don't draft a player in the 1st rd and make them a footnote in your game plan.  I'm not saying that Dorsett will never make an impact during this season, but to have him play such an insignificant role is mind boggling, especially now that he doesn't even have PR duties.  

Here's another stat: 3rd string TE Jack Doyle played more snaps than 1st round pick WR Phillip Dorsett.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Good stuff Dustin.

Hey, does anyone remember the name of that TE we drafted in 2012 in the 2nd round?  Is he still on the team?  Kind of a tall, fast guy. 

It also says that Holmes and Herreman's have been bad.....and whoever gets plugged in next to AC does well.

Holmes hasn't been bad. I'd take half of his pressures and put them on either guard. He's playing between two guys that aren't handling their assignments very well. I think Holmes has been fine. Louis and Herremans were REAAAAAAALY bad last night.

Holmes hasn't been bad. I'd take half of his pressures and put them on either guard. He's playing between two guys that aren't handling their assignments very well. I think Holmes has been fine. Louis and Herremans were REAAAAAAALY bad last night.

Yeah, either in this thread or another, someone mentioned how bad Holmes is. I was thinking that a more fair judgment would be drawn if he was playing next to decent guards.

Maybe try Reitz at LG and Thornton at RG again.

I realize they utilize Doyle as a FB in the run game too, but wow, just wow

IMO, first round picks (the guy that you couldn't live without above all other players still available in the draft) should be a player that is going to make an immediate impact on your team.  You don't draft a player in the 1st rd and make them a footnote in your game plan.  I'm not saying that Dorsett will never make an impact during this season, but to have him play such an insignificant role is mind boggling, especially now that he doesn't even have PR duties.  

Ideally, yes, first rounders get on the field right away. There's still time for that with Dorsett. But sometimes, first rounders ride the bench, and still have great careers. Especially guys from the back end of the first round.

I watched all the players that were drafted in that range. I don't really think anyone of them would have been immediate impact players for us. Maybe one of the corners, after seeing all the injuries we've had so far. I liked Stephone Anthony, but I think he was over-drafted, and he hasn't played well so far. Landon Collins made sense, but he hasn't played well, either. Goldman, maybe, but Anderson is better (we don't even need to talk about Malcom Brown). Trading down would have been the best way to go, but I doubt there were any trade partners.

Ideally, yes, first rounders get on the field right away. There's still time for that with Dorsett. But sometimes, first rounders ride the bench, and still have great careers. Especially guys from the back end of the first round.

I watched all the players that were drafted in that range. I don't really think anyone of them would have been immediate impact players for us. Maybe one of the corners, after seeing all the injuries we've had so far. I liked Stephone Anthony, but I think he was over-drafted, and he hasn't played well so far. Landon Collins made sense, but he hasn't played well, either. Goldman, maybe, but Anderson is better (we don't even need to talk about Malcom Brown). Trading down would have been the best way to go, but I doubt there were any trade partners.

I remember reading an article that frogs phone was blowing up for teams to trade back into the first. Ironically likely to draft Dorset.

I remember reading an article that frogs phone was blowing up for teams to trade back into the first. Ironically likely to draft Dorset.

"Frogs"?

The story I remember is that the Texans wanted to get back into the first to draft Dorsett. I would rather have him myself than let a division rival get him. I think he's going to be gooood.

"Frogs"?

The story I remember is that the Texans wanted to get back into the first to draft Dorsett. I would rather have him myself than let a division rival get him. I think he's going to be gooood.

That kid doesn't know where he is going sometimes, but my god does he get there fast.

Consistency > Quality . . . Am I doing this right?

Consistency often leads to quality. And Louis was fine during the preseason; not great, but okay. Last night, he was terrible. So was Herremans. Reitz should get some burn at guard. Thornton has been unreliable, and I'm a little surprised he made the final roster, given how often he's been getting hurt. Strictly off of talent, he should be on the field.

Consistency often leads to quality. And Louis was fine during the preseason; not great, but okay. Last night, he was terrible. So was Herremans. Reitz should get some burn at guard. Thornton has been unreliable, and I'm a little surprised he made the final roster, given how often he's been getting hurt. Strictly off of talent, he should be on the field.

I think the consistency argument is a load of crock, tbh. Sure it's important and preferable, but what's even more important is having quality players over consistent crap. As for Reitz, he and Castonzo are arguably more comfortable together than Louis and Castonzo anyway. If it were me I'd shuffle this line, at least the interior, until they show me something (starting with Reitz at LG and, likely, Thornton at RG).

I really do not understand this designated backup role they've given Reitz. It's downright stupid and hard headed.

I think the consistency argument is a load of crock, tbh. Sure it's important and preferable, but what's even more important is having quality players over consistent crap. As for Reitz, he and Castonzo are arguably more comfortable together than Louis and Castonzo anyway. If it were me I'd shuffle this line, at least the interior, until they show me something (starting with Reitz at LG and, likely, Thornton at RG).

I really do not understand this designated backup role they've given Reitz. It's downright stupid and hard headed.

Louis didn't give any reason to be benched this preseason. I think they intended to let Thornton compete for a starting spot, but he got hurt again. No team wants to shuffle their offensive line unless there's clear reason to do so. We're probably at that point right now.