Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Were today's Ray Rice Rumors false?

ColtJ82

I don't know what's up with that Montee Ball stuff.

Montee Ball in INDY? I'm with krunk please say it's not gonna happen Jimmy. 

Yeah, I know he went to my alma mater but if he flamed out in Denver, I really don't wanna see him at LOS. We're fine with Gore, Varga, & Robinson. 

How many times do I need to say this? Do yourself a favor NFL GMs & never draft a back out of the Badger State. They never pan out man & I wanna make Luck's life easier not harder on the field. 

Now watch Melvin Gordon will take the Chargers to new heights that club hasn't seen since the LT days just because SW1 said that all WI RBs suck on a professional level now.  haha

Montee Ball in INDY? I'm with krunk please say it's not gonna happen Jimmy. 

Yeah, I know he went to my alma mater but if he flamed out in Denver, I really don't wanna see him at LOS. We're fine with Gore, Varga, & Robinson. 

How many times do I need to say this? Do yourself a favor NFL GMs & never draft a back out of the Badger State. They never pan out man & I wanna make Luck's life easier not harder on the field. 

I'm just saying I am not sure if that website is true or not?  In regards to Ball I actually think his playing style fits a power running scheme better than that one cut ZBS style.  However I'm not sure why they'd want to bring him in when we've got 3 good backs, 2 of which are pretty young.  I can't quite see why we would be signing him over Ahmad Bradshaw seeing that Ball would have to learn the offense from scratch versus a plug and play guy like Bradshaw.

Yeah. I'll take Ahmad back over either one of those 2. If you guys remember Ray Rice wasn't the same Ray Rice on the field the last couple years either. In fact he was pretty bad 2 years ago. Bradshaw knows the offense and when he's healthy, he's a beast. If Varga or J-Rob isn't playing well I hope we bring him in in a few weeks and let him play like the last 10 games and the playoffs.

If we are signing or trading for anyone we need a CB not RB, im fine with Gore, Rob and Varga, these rooks are awesome just give it to them more, we are going to get killed in the secondary with brown and price starting with 0 depth, 0. Other than are backup safetys...

I think Gore will be fine. He just needs more touches. Regarding the rumors I haven't heard anything either as of now. It was a shame Bradshaw got injured last season because Luck was using him a lot down by the Goaline and the Colts were successful. He and Luck had solid chemistry. When he went down that hurt the team. Not saying it would be a good move but has anyone picked up Jonas Gray yet? I think he would be a decent backup.

If we are signing or trading for anyone we need a CB not RB, im fine with Gore, Rob and Varga, these rooks are awesome just give it to them more, we are going to get killed in the secondary with brown and price starting with 0 depth, 0. Other than are backup safetys...

I am more than fine with what we have at RB. I don't understand why they don't give us more Varga kid makes plays. It took them forever to give him a look in the preseason too.

We could use some help at CB. They are a little tougher to find than RB's.

I am more than fine with what we have at RB. I don't understand why they don't give us more Varga kid makes plays. It took them forever to give him a look in the preseason too.

We could use some help at CB. They are a little tougher to find than RB's.

I don't understand why they don't give us more Gore kid makes plays.

FYI, Varga had more snaps than Robinson. They need to get the RBs more involved, period.

Kendall Hunter

Jordan Todman

Leon Washington

Are all scat backs I'd look at if healthy, Washington also has returner capabilities

I believe Todman is a Steeler if I remember right otherwise I would like him as well. I also like Kendall Hunter as an option depending how he has bounced back from his injury. Leon Washington though I am not a fan of as I think his age is catching up to him. Other than for a returning option I would rather stick with the backs we have than pick up Washington.

I believe Todman is a Steeler if I remember right otherwise I would like him as well. I also like Kendall Hunter as an option depending how he has bounced back from his injury. Leon Washington though I am not a fan of as I think his age is catching up to him. Other than for a returning option I would rather stick with the backs we have than pick up Washington.

Yeah I missed that, Todman was picked up by the Steelers about two weeks ago but I think he will be cut when Bell serves his 2 game suspension

FYI, Varga had more snaps than Robinson. They need to get the RBs more involved, period.

I would like to see Gore get at least 16 carries a game. That is 4 touches each Qtr on Average. 8 isn't enough which he had last week. All he needs to do is average 4 yards a carry, nothing special but enough teams have to respect our run so Andrew can do his damage.

I assume that if they indeed are looking at either of them it's a depth thing. Rice would be starter level but I doubt that rumor is true. Gore needs more carries this game. That guy can carry the load and then some. The team cant go away from the run early.

Bad 2014, pretty good 2013 in a reserve role behind Moreno. I'd stomach him as a reserve, but I'm not itching for him.

Ray Rice, set aside his baggage, I don't think he's good anymore.

I still say that mess along the Ravens O Line was what severely contributed to Rice's lack of production(Osemele on IR, Shipley starting at Guard, Gradkowski was just bad at Center). I mean his last year playing he was only 26, That's young even by rb standards considering the punishment they take. Don't get me wrong Im not campaigning for him, I just don't think his last year in the league was an indicator that he is done or just isn't good anymore

As for Ball....Eh he just don't have any stand out traits as a rb, Not very quick or powerful or shifty

I still say that mess along the Ravens O Line was what severely contributed to Rice's lack of production(Osemele on IR, Shipley starting at Guard, Gradkowski was just bad at Center). I mean his last year playing he was only 26, That's young even by rb standards considering the punishment they take. Don't get me wrong Im not campaigning for him, I just don't think his last year in the league was an indicator that he is done or just isn't good anymore

As for Ball....Eh he just don't have any stand out traits as a rb, Not very quick or powerful or shifty

I'm good with the three backs we have, all told. Someone will give Rice a shot, I think, and we'll see what he has.