Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner - 3 defensive snaps.

Dustin

He played just as many snaps as Earl Okine, a guy who was in the FXFL a few months ago. 

Sadly I think I this sums up the current status of Werner's worth. I say sad because I don't think it's through any lack of application, lack of effort and while injuries have had an effect I think above all else he just doesn't have the talent required for the NFL. I was hopeful working as the SAM in our system he could at least be solid but it's not like he's waiting behind an All-Pro for playing time. 

Nice hit on special teams thought, a rare highlight of yesterday. 

What I will say to people is that's what you get for drafting for need..... 

I can understand people bashing Freeman he looked like a bad rookie out there yesterday but DQ played a solid game and he was almost as big a reason as Anderson and Langford why the Bills running game was never able to get something going consistently.

I need to go back and check the 2nd long run, but on the 1st long run by Williams for a TD it happened because Freeman ran into the pile rather than filling his hole (that one is for you jason S) and maintaining his responsibility.

I can understand people bashing Freeman he looked like a bad rookie out there yesterday but DQ played a solid game and he was almost as big a reason as Anderson and Langford why the Bills running game was never able to get something going consistently.

I need to go back and check the 2nd long run, but on the 1st long run by Williams for a TD it happened because Freeman ran into the pile rather than filling his hole (that one is for you jason S) and maintaining his responsibility.

Does D'Qwell get credited with a Missed Tackle if he doesn't ATTEMPT the tackle? This is really bad. #ProBowl https://t.co/hxMr0C594f

— My Colts Account (@MyColtsAccount)

September 14, 2015

https://vine.co/v/eFEVFwAmBOV

The 15 yr old in me says thank you

let's try this again...

The juvenile side of me says thank you :)

Cole had a nice pair of pressures. But yeah, nothing beyond that. 

Cole, Lowery and Freeman were all horrible.  (When nearly 30% of the D is playing poorly it's going to be a long day.

Parry, DQ, Walden and Geathers were all middle of the road... nothing game changing but no mistakes that lead to big plays either.

Davis, Anderson, Langford and Adams all played outstanding games.

Walden seems to want to rush the passer more... move him to rush LB and bring Werner back in at SAM

Cole, Lowery and Freeman were all horrible.  (When nearly 30% of the D is playing poorly it's going to be a long day.

Parry, DQ, Walden and Geathers were all middle of the road... nothing game changing but no mistakes that lead to big plays either.

Davis, Anderson, Langford and Adams all played outstanding games.

Walden seems to want to rush the passer more... move him to rush LB and bring Werner back in at SAM

I'd rather try Werner at BENCH

Does D'Qwell get credited with a Missed Tackle if he doesn't ATTEMPT the tackle? This is really bad. #ProBowl https://t.co/hxMr0C594f

— My Colts Account (@MyColtsAccount)

September 14, 2015

https://vine.co/v/eFEVFwAmBOV

Kind of shows what I was saying, he was in position.  Yeah he got juked out but that is more an incredible move by the running back not a poor play by DQ.  And watch the clip, Lowery was back there to fill that hole if the RB made a juke move.  The RB made a  and Lowery runs right into a blocker.

I've mentioned it on different occasions, but Lowery appears to be pretty soft against the run.  Average/Decent vs the pass. I didn't like Adams much in the beginning of last year, but he got better as we played more games.  I'll keep watching, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have concerns.