Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good GMs dont waste money on aging Vets.

Cribbsfaircatch

Why was the other thread locked? Are we not suppose to make topics during gms?

Andre Johnson is done. Gore still looks good, I'll give him a pass.

Yes.  We try to keep all discussions that take place during the game in the game day thread.  You can make threads, but if they're about something that happens in the game (for example, "our D can't stop their running game"), it will be closed.  If it's something that is about the season in general (for example, "TY Hilton is hurt"), then we keep it open because it's not just about the one game

Try not to over-react to very small sample sizes.

One game means nothing as far as AJ and Gore are concerned.

Irsay is trying to win NOW.    HELLO?!?     Don't you as a fan want to win NOW?!? 

A good veteran will contribute more than most rookies who typically need a year or two to figure things out.

This is NOT brain surgery.    Stop acting like it is.

Yes they do, but not for this type of second_rate production. Ronald Darby, and Xavier Rhondes should've been in a Colts uniform, but are now, and will be the stars of their respective teams secondary. Greg Toler & Darius Butler are now special teamers, and should've been released when the Colts made their cuts. God help our team if the Bills had put Marquis Goodwin, Percy Harvin, and Sammie Watkins on the field at the same time. A loss is a loss, hopefully we'll get on back on track next week, against the JETS....

Yes they do, but not for this type of second_rate production. Ronald Darby, and Xavier Rhondes should've been in a Colts uniform, but are now, and will be the stars of their respective teams secondary. Greg Toler & Darius Butler are now special teamers, and should've been released when the Colts made their cuts. God help our team if the Bills had put Marquis Goodwin, Percy Harvin, and Sammie Watkins on the field at the same time. A loss is a loss, hopefully we'll get on back on track next week, against the JETS....

Rhodes yes, Darby No

I'm willing to give the entire offense a pass because the rain that day was atrocious. Players were slipping, muffing punts, balls getting dislodged, it was messy. Even Pagano before the game mentioned he was worried about the rain. Meanwhile, we're playing at another team's stadium on week one against a Rex Ryan led defense. Rex Ryan has made a career out of playing against the likes of Tom Brady twice a year. You don't think he wouldn't have a good game plan against Andrew Luck?

I'm willing to give the entire offense a pass because the rain that day was atrocious. Players were slipping, muffing punts, balls getting dislodged, it was messy. Even Pagano before the game mentioned he was worried about the rain. Meanwhile, we're playing at another team's stadium on week one against a Rex Ryan led defense. Rex Ryan has made a career out of playing against the likes of Tom Brady twice a year. You don't think he wouldn't have a good game plan against Andrew Luck?

The Rain as another Excuse; it looked like a drizzle. It did not affect the Bills did it? Every coach has a game plan against Andrew. Do we have one against other teams? It does not seem so.

We make any team D look like the Best, enough with the excuses of who we play. Power teams should be able to beat Good D.

Again you can't judge our offense this year off any D as we have only played one game against a great defense. Last year yes I agree we had some average teams make us look bad. However, we have a different offense this year, and started off playing one of the best defenses in the NFL. We have another good defense next week, but if we struggle next week like we did today then it is cause for concern.

Grigson is not a good GM. The trade for Richardson and drafting Werner over Rhodes says it all.

And so many other things. Not signing Evan Mathis when our line sucks. And just not being aggressive enough in general when it comes to free agency. We added some good pieces but we should have done more. And this isn't directed at you but I just wanna say Andre Johnson is NOT done. He and Gore are fine. As for Grigs. People wanna say oh but he's gotten us to the playoffs every year. He walked into a dream situation that anyone could have succeeded in. Inheriting a team with the number 1 pick when a once in every 10 years type QB is coming out. Me or you could have taken over and drafted Luck and got to the playoffs lol.

I am aware of what they say. That doesn't change the fact that it feels like Vontae Davis, Richard Sherman, and Darelle Revis are locking the forums down on game day. Am I not entitled to an opinion?

Well, we discussed this last year but perhaps you missed it

It is impossible for mods to watch both game day thread and chat and every new thread that gets posted during the game

As a result, bad things were happening in the forums so we made this rule.

Most posts that people create threads for fit in the game day thread.

If it's about an injury, such as TY, that's an actual discussion topic and we leave it live.

We do the best we can and we ask everyone else to make a similar effor

And so many other things. Not signing Evan Mathis when our line sucks. And just not being aggressive enough in general when it comes to free agency. We added some good pieces but we should have done more. And this isn't directed at you but I just wanna say Andre Johnson is NOT done. He and Gore are fine. As for Grigs. People wanna say oh but he's gotten us to the playoffs every year. He walked into a dream situation that anyone could have succeeded in. Inheriting a team with the number 1 pick when a once in every 10 years type QB is coming out. Me or you could have taken over and drafted Luck and got to the playoffs lol.

Just cause he had the opportunity to draft Luck does not mean the situation overall was a dream situation by any means. And you or no fan can really judge how hard wenT after players in free agency. Just because they didn't sign does NOT indicate we didn't go after them hard enough. It was their choice. We can't make a player sign regardless of how much we may pursue them. There are many factors that go onto a players choice, alot of which our staff can't control. People just wanna be upset and blame our staff cause they didnt sign who many fans wanted or thought we should have signed. That's what it is.

Just cause he had the opportunity to draft Luck does not mean the situation overall was a dream situation by any means. And you or no fan can really judge how hard wenT after players in free agency. Just because they didn't sign does NOT indicate we didn't go after them hard enough. It was their choice. We can't make a player sign regardless of how much we may pursue them. There are many factors that go onto a players choice, alot of which our staff can't control. People just wanna be upset and blame our staff cause they didnt sign who many fans wanted or thought we should have signed. That's what it is.

90% of players will sign with whoever offers the most money. And us being a good team just makes it that much better of a situation for them. So basically we could sign almost any free agent we wanted .

Ill say this. Trent Cole played like a BUM, but so did our entire pass rush. Andre played like a slow old man, I can't believe he was that bad.

I didn't like the Cole signing at the time.  He reminds me of a player that gets good stats for reasons not directly related to the quality of his play.

I didn't like the AJ signing either.  Houston did not seem to press hard enough to keep him.

The Gore signing can work because he can play at a high level, but must be kept fresh.  I don't think freshness has anything to do with Cole and AJ...but we'll see how the season goes.

90% of players will sign with whoever offers the most money. And us being a good team just makes it that much better of a situation for them. So basically we could sign almost any free agent we wanted .

That's the perception... not neccasarily reality and how it actually goes. I highly doubt players just say ohh.. they offered me the most so I'll sign with them. Just because we offer more and we're a playoff team does not at all mean we should and automatically will sign every free agent we pursue. I don't know you get that notion, but you are very wrong. The players ultimately have the choice. And you or I cant say we know for sure how they go about making their choice and what all they take ino consideration. And we don't ultamatley know what our staff offered those players. So there is no way to judge whether we did enough or if that's even the case. Maybe the player chose elswhere because of location. Who knows. Also we're not just gonna give every player what they want just so we can have them on our team. Yes we want good players but our staff also has to consider the future and what extensions lie ahead ie.. Corstanzo and Hilton so far and we got Luck coming up along with our TEs. Then there is signing your draft picks and other considerations. I think your perception of how free agent signing goes is very misguided.

I'd take him HC even as HC hus D is always mean if he had luck at QB and built his D we would own the NFL

If Rex Ryan was coaching a team with a QB like Andrew Luck he'd be considered the best coach in the NFL. That's my opinion obviously. The dude is a defensive genius.