Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Being A Pat Was No Fun For Reggie

CR91

I think Reggie realizing he has nothing left was the no fun part....NE is a championship caliber team...reggie quickly figured out he wasn't up to the challenge of playing at that level. Love him...time to hang them up with pride.

Maybe his heart wasn't in it and the players and coaches around him wasn't changing that.

Almost as stupid as our fanbase calling him a traitor. Almost.

There were some who said that, definitely not our "fanbase" as a whole, or even majority.....and the Nationally owned paper had a dumb headline with the question of his loyalty in it...... all stupid...... Reg is class, and owed the Colts and the fans no more than the 150% effort we all enjoyed since he was drafted....

Maybe the balls were too flat for his liking or he doesn't want to be a cheater. Whatever his reason... I am fairly certain he didn't say "it was not fun". That is just the media putting their dramatic spin on the story... especially since that report was coming from a Boston sports radio host. Of course he wants to make Wayne look like he couldn't handle "the patriot way".

Maybe the balls were too flat for his liking or he doesn't want to be a cheater. Whatever his reason... I am fairly certain he didn't say "it was not fun". That is just the media putting their dramatic spin on the story... especially since that report was coming from a Boston sports radio host. Of course he wants to make Wayne look like he couldn't handle "the patriot way".

Actually the tweet was...."too tough, not fun". lol

Reggie has won a championship and been to the Super Bowl another time under Caldwell.  In his mind he probably felt it really doesn't have to be how they do things to win it all. Different teams do it different ways.  I still think his legs don't have much left in the tank though.  I believe him though because you even see Vince Wilfork doing things now that you would have never seen in New England. I thought the thing with Wilfork in the farmer suspenders was hilarious.  You would have never seen him do that with Bellichick. 

I wouldn't put too much trust in this. Even Pats fans admit this guy is a major homer.

Was it a pats guy who wrote the article? I'm sure we will hear more. Hoping he signs a one day with us and becomes a coach. Need him on the sidelines on game day

Edited by 21isSuperman

Maybe his heart wasn't in it and the players and coaches around him wasn't changing that.

if u can't get psyched up to play for a world class organization like the pats who are year in year out vying for the Lombardi and playing with one of the best qbs of this generation then it's definitely time to retire.

Almost as stupid as our fanbase calling him a traitor. Almost.

No. They were definitely more dumb.

It's acceptable for people to be upset he signed with the one team we didn't want him to sign with.

But Reggie Wayne is a great football player who can learn any freaking system on the planet.

One of the best ever to wear the freaking horseshoe.

Not surprising.  This isn't a shot at Reggie but I am guessing his heart just wasn't in it.  It's not like here where he had put his whole career into this franchise. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign a one day contract retire a Colt and then be given a front office job much like Saturday was given and then next year be put in the Ring of Honor where he belongs.

Not surprising. This isn't a shot at Reggie but I am guessing his heart just wasn't in it. It's not like here where he had put his whole career into this franchise.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign a one day contract retire a Colt and then be given a front office job much like Saturday was given and then next year be put in the Ring of Honor where he belongs.

Reggie was one of the best route runners in NFL history, he could easily be a WR coach. He belongs with the Colts in one fashion or another.

I'm sticking with Reggie Wayne is a spy. He has stolen the Pats entire playbook.

Would be funny.

What I like is the Pats fans calling Reggie classless.....really, pats fans saying Reggie is classless for asking to be released.....let that sink in.....from fans of an organization that makes lying and cheating priority to win.

To be honest I have never seen one ex colt go to New England and be successful. The closest was Austin Collie out of all of them I think and he ended up getting cut after a couple games.

Couple seasons. But he was the only success story I can think of. Guy had bad concussion problems starting towards the end of his career with us.