Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones Injury Status (Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another free agent bust by Grigson, go figure. Not drafting Malcom Brown looks really good now. I hate to complain since this team has some nice young pieces but I get depressed at the thought of how great this team would be if just a few draft picks and free agent money had been used wisely. If Andrew Luck isn't MVP leading this weak team to the playoffs I'll eat sawdust.

On September 30, 2014, Grigson extend player who had torn his Achilles tendon while working out on his own. Cut that bust! Fire Grigson!

Another free agent bust by Grigson, go figure. Not drafting Malcom Brown looks really good now. I hate to complain since this team has some nice young pieces but I get depressed at the thought of how great this team would be if just a few draft picks and free agent money had been used wisely. If Andrew Luck isn't MVP leading this weak team to the playoffs I'll eat sawdust.

You hate to complain, but will......   Bust huh?  He had no chronic injury, or history of them before signing with us.  Hindsight is 20/20.  He hasn't worked out as planned, but most free agents do not.  That's a fact.  Solid, healthy, productive players rarely hit FA.  When they do, they do not always stay that way.  The few that manage those two hurdles have to fit into a new team, culture, and sometimes system.....   That aside, You feel that this team plus Art Jones was leaps and bounds better than this team without Art Jones?  The Colts will find a way to adjust, I for one, am glad this is our ONLY significant injury at this point of the preseason.

We'll end up keeping Kelcy Quarles because of Art Jones injury. Quarles is another young 3 technique.

Between Quarles, Hughes, Anderson, and Kerr we should be able to manage just fine I think.  The young

guys just need to get some more work.  Not sure if Grigs is planning anything on the FA front, but in my opinion

we can still role with the guys we've got.  I'm not in panic mode just yet.

The Pats are bringing Brown around slowly like they did with Jaime Collins the first year. He is being asked to learn multiple positions across the Dline too so he will need time and they can give it to him as Easley has been a beast. His explosive power has been eye catching this pre-season.

As slowly as Tavon Wilson? Ras-I Dowling? Jermaine Cunningham? Ron Brace? Terrence Wheatley? Henry Anderson plays multiple positions already.

I'm not shocked. And It seems were actually prepared this time. That's one thing Grigson has gotten better at. Adding extra insurance instead of putting everything on one player.

Jones is hurt but we drafted Anderson, and still have Hughes and Quarrels. It lessens the blow.

The Pats are bringing Brown around slowly like they did with Jaime Collins the first year. He is being asked to learn multiple positions across the Dline too so he will need time and they can give it to him as Easley has been a beast. His explosive power has been eye catching this pre-season.

Most sports analysts did not have him as a 1st rounder, instead he was projected a 3rd or 4th thatʻs why the Colts passed and went with best available 

Most sports analysts did not have him as a 1st rounder, instead he was projected a 3rd or 4th thatʻs why the Colts passed and went with best available 

I don't pay much attention to the analysts or talking heads. The proof is in the pudding. He will have every chance to succeed in NE and prove his worth as a first round pick.

I think from now on Grigson should be very cautious when signing free agents since we have not had luck with a good majority of them staying healthy. No more throwing money down the toilet plz

Itʻs not his fault this is FOOTBALL, there is no telling how these signings will pan out...people get hurt everyday working...with Football Players itʻs a certainty 

We'll end up keeping Kelcy Quarles because of Art Jones injury. Quarles is another young 3 technique.

Between Quarles, Hughes, Anderson, and Kerr we should be able to manage just fine I think. The young

guys just need to get some more work. Not sure if Grigs is planning anything on the FA front, but in my opinion

we can still role with the guys we've got. I'm not in panic mode just yet.

The beauty of the preseason for a bubble player, starter being injured increases your chance to make the roster

Good thing we drafted Malcolm Brown when he fell to us and not a WR to compete for the third spot on an already great offense.

He was actually projected to be 3rd rd. pick by most analysts, thats why Colts went for best player available and took Dorsett who I believe the Pats had on their draft board too 

I don't pay much attention to the analysts or talking heads. The proof is in the pudding. He will have every chance to succeed in NE and prove his worth as a first round pick.

Casserly is the most respected sports analysts in sports, kinda like the Belichick of analysing phenomenal players not saying Brown is not good just lacking certain fundamentals 

Can we stop with the Brown nonsense? Brown has looked pretty average for the Patriots. He's been a run stopper with little to no pass rush so far. We already have that with Langford at 5 tech and at NT. In fact, 1st round pick Malcolm Brown hasn't looked any better than 3rd round pick Henry Anderson.

Brown has looked below average so far.

Casserly is the most respected sports analysts in sports, kinda like the Belichick of analysing phenomenal players not saying Brown is not good just lacking certain fundamentals 

They are all wrong including the great Belichick. We will see but Brown is being asked to do a lot across the line and the Pats have the ability with Easley looking great so far to bring him along at a slower pace. Again, I see shades of Jaime Collins and his rookie year and Hightower too for that matter. Many Pats defensive players have taken a year or two to get comfortable in the defense.

please look it up at spotrac and tell us all about it.

I don't quite understand Sporttrac...

When you hold the mouse over Jone's "dead cap" figure... it changes to a lower number ($1,100,000) if cut "post June 1"

What would be the total amount the Colts would lose (in dead money) if Jones were to be cut?

When you hold the mouse over Jone's "dead cap" figure... it changes to a lower number ($1,100,000) if cut "post June 1"

What would be the total amount the Colts would lose (in dead money) if Jones were to be cut?

If cut post June 1st the dead cap hit is split between the current season and the next season. So instead of 3.3 dead in one year you get 1.1 dead in one year and 2.2 in the next.

He was actually projected to be 3rd rd. pick by most analysts, thats why Colts went for best player available and took Dorsett who I believe the Pats had on their draft board too 

Not by any analysts who know anything.

Care to give us a name or a website who had Brown going in the 3rd round?

I think I saw first round in about 99% of websites/analysts....      the other 1% had him high in the 2nd round.

My websites of choice are ESPN.com,  NFL.com,  CBSSports.com

Yours?

By the way,  it was reported here that the Colts had Brown as a high 2nd round choice.

If he were to be cut when? You can't cut him now, because he can't clear a physical. And as of Tuesday of next week, his 2015 salary will be fully guaranteed.

If you cut him prior to the start of next season, there's a total of $3.3m in already paid bonus that still has to count against the cap. That's the "dead money." If they cut him prior to June 1, 2016, that entire $3.3m counts against the 2016 cap. If they cut him after June 1 (or designate him as a post-June 1 release prior to June 1, which each team can do with up to two contracts per year), then only $1.1m counts against the 2016 cap, and the remaining $2.2m counts against the 2017 cap.

The truth is that they aren't 'losing' that money. It's already been spent, but because it was signing bonus, it was spread out evenly over the life of the contract for cap purposes. Every dollar spent eventually counts against the cap. 

If he were to be cut when? You can't cut him now, because he can't clear a physical. And as of Tuesday of next week, his 2015 salary will be fully guaranteed.

If you cut him prior to the start of next season, there's a total of $3.3m in already paid bonus that still has to count against the cap. That's the "dead money." If they cut him prior to June 1, 2016, that entire $3.3m counts against the 2016 cap. If they cut him after June 1 (or designate him as a post-June 1 release prior to June 1, which each team can do with up to two contracts per year), then only $1.1m counts against the 2016 cap, and the remaining $2.2m counts against the 2017 cap.

The truth is that they aren't 'losing' that money. It's already been spent, but because it was signing bonus, it was spread out evenly over the life of the contract for cap purposes. Every dollar spent eventually counts against the cap. 

What a waste of money that was then.

Ha... I battled the "we hate RG 3 " nonsense while you stood on the sidelines . So not  helping you with the crazy stuff in this thread .

I chimed in on the Griffin stuff. Just got tired of saying the same thing over and over again...

No one's biting in here. They just want to keep acting like there was any way to foresee or prevent a traumatic leg injury.