Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins Starting For The Redskins [Merge]

bap1331

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think RGIII will be cut and end up with the Jets, Bills, Browns or Texans. I think the Texans would make a lot of sense since he went to High School and College there. I am pretty sure some team would at least take a chance on him just not via trade or for 16 million.

This year's contract is guaranteed. I doubt he gets cut

Not sure I agree with that. If Washington has decided to part ways with RG3 , they have two choices. They start Cousins and keep RG3 on the roster as the no2. That's of coarse assuming they have him above McCoy on the depth chart. This would do a couple things. It would provide them depth if they were in playoff contention and Cousins was hurt or suddenly played horrible... way below the level they think is RG 3's.  In an ideal "Redskin" world this is what they would do . 

Problem is this. They probably won't contend with Cousins at QB , so they won't need RG3 "insurance. That brings us to the injury issue. If he gets a football injury in a game or practice that renders him out for the league start of the 2016 season , RG3 collects the 16mill. It wouldn't put a dent in Snider's bank account but it would have a really bad effect on their 2016 cap.

That considered , I think if they feel they are done with him , he gets jettisoned this year. No big deal to pay him the 3 mill for backing up or hitting the road.

Redskins made the correct call. Given all the media-circus surrounding RGIII since drafting him, the injuries, the hype, the non- performance the last two years, the alienation of many teammates, it stands to reason this is the route to take for the time being. This team has to focus on winning football games, not winning over RGIII fans.

Redskins made the correct call. Given all the media-circus surrounding RGIII since drafting him, the injuries, the hype, the non- performance the last two years, the alienation of many teammates, it stands to reason this is the route to take for the time being. This team has to focus on winning football games, not winning over RGIII fans.

That's the problem here; Kirk Cousins sucks probably even worse than RGIII. Go look at his stats last year and how terrible they were with him as starting QB. They didn't win many games with him. 

Washington will be 3-13 or 4-12 as always, and that's where they belong as long as Dan Synder is the owner. 

That's the problem here; Kirk Cousins sucks probably even worse than RGIII. Go look at his stats last year and how terrible they were with him as starting QB. They didn't win many games with him. 

Washington will be 3-13 or 4-12 as always, and that's where they belong as long as Dan Synder is the owner.

True. Cousins stats are not the greatest. I really believe that the Redskins organization is kinda spilt. How much, not sure. It is enough, however, that the coaching staff wants to move on without Griffin as the starter. Pretty significant. It also sends a resounding message, not only to Washington fans, but the rest of the NFL. The guy is just not ready to start in their opinion.

So then he'll get cut next year?  I thought they said he was due more money next year, like $16 million? I just caught the tail end of Mike and Mike and I swore they said he'd likely be cut this year.  I know they said no one would trade for him.

Yet he is still better than bob

So then he'll get cut next year?  I thought they said he was due more money next year, like $16 million? I just caught the tail end of Mike and Mike and I swore they said he'd likely be cut this year.  I know they said no one would trade for him.

If you read my last few posts on this issue , I think it might clear it up for you a bit. BTW... I agree with Mike and Mike. If Washington feels they want to move on , they will cut him this year.

At the risk of being called a hater... btw the way if it happens again , I'm going to complain as it's very inflammatory . It's OK to generalize that crap as there are some posts that would qualify one for that. But none of my posts contain anything hateful , untfrue nor unfair. I'm very upset at this comment was directed to ma and have asked the poster to post something backing up that statement which no doubt brings my character into question. I have yet to see anything posted to prove that accusation.

Anyway... here ya go for more of what I accurately said was in the workings. I was told when I said this that all I really knew was he had a concussion and was being held out of practice. I replied more or less if you read between the lines and look at past history that I disagreed...

RGIII era officially over in Washington D.C.

7406.jpg

Robert Griffin III has been benched.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives. Beset by never-ending drama and an inability to stay at 100 percent, RGIII has met his predictable end for the league's most dysfunctional franchise. It's possible he won't even be the first man off the bench, with vanilla coach Jay Gruden preferring Colt McCoy's pop-gun skill-set to RGIII's unrefined dual-threat aesthetic. Much of Griffin's issues are his own doing, but he's received zero help from a franchise that's offered bafflingly little support since making him a centerpiece three years ago. A trade or release is best for all parties involved, and the sooner, the better.

At the risk of being called a hater... btw the way if it happens again , I'm going to complain as it's very inflammatory . It's OK to generalize that crap as there are some posts that would qualify one for that. But none of my posts contain anything hateful , untfrue nor unfair. I'm very upset at this comment was directed to ma and have asked the poster to post something backing up that statement which no doubt brings my character into question. I have yet to see anything posted to prove that accusation.

Anyway... here ya go for more of what I accurately said was in the workings. I was told when I said this that all I really knew was he had a concussion and was being held out of practice. I replied more or less if you read between the lines and look at past history that I disagreed...

RGIII era officially over in Washington D.C.

7406.jpg

Robert Griffin III has been benched.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives. Beset by never-ending drama and an inability to stay at 100 percent, RGIII has met his predictable end for the league's most dysfunctional franchise. It's possible he won't even be the first man off the bench, with vanilla coach Jay Gruden preferring Colt McCoy's pop-gun skill-set to RGIII's unrefined dual-threat aesthetic. Much of Griffin's issues are his own doing, but he's received zero help from a franchise that's offered bafflingly little support since making him a centerpiece three years ago. A trade or release is best for all parties involved, and the sooner, the better.

Little support from the Franchise?  What else where they suppose to do for Bob?  

Merged the threads.

Little support from the Franchise?  What else where they suppose to do for Bob?  

I'm thinking the same thing.  People keep saying he hasn't received support from the franchise, but they've done quite a bit to surround him with talent.  Jordan Reed, Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Alfred Morris, etc.  He had a good rookie year, then suddenly the franchise stopped helping him?  I think the only person to blame here is RG3.

At the risk of being called a hater... btw the way if it happens again , I'm going to complain as it's very inflammatory .

Macdonald Carey is no longer with us but I don't think he would be the answer as Washington's QB problem!

Merged the threads.

I'm thinking the same thing.  People keep saying he hasn't received support from the franchise, but they've done quite a bit to surround him with talent.  Jordan Reed, Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Alfred Morris, etc.  He had a good rookie year, then suddenly the franchise stopped helping him?  I think the only person to blame here is RG3.

Isn't it strange that certain posters have disappeared from the tread. Including the ones that blamed the franchise

Good heavens. He has not been not cleared for week 1. Rapaport said the skins are planning for Cousins to start. He has not been named the starter yet as they await RG's recovery. Again, concussions can be tricky as he has to pass all the tests and be symptom free before he can even practice.

Cousins is the starter even if bob is 100%

yikes, that's a toxic environment

Yup it is!  He helped to create some of it though with that stupid post game interview he did last year throwing his team mates under the bus. "If you haven't noticed the Brady, Breeze, Manning, those guys don't play well when their guys don't play well.  I need everybody in this thing with me"  So Robert basically your play stunk because your team mates stunk? How can he expect people not to cheer when he gets benched?  Coincidentally all of his benching started right after those comments.

Cousins is the starter even if bob is 100%

Agreed. If RGIII moves on to another team, he must leave behind _everything_ in Washington. That includes his approach to the game of professional football in a plethora of ways that created the downfall to begin with.