Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kirk Cousins Starting For The Redskins [Merge]

bap1331

Favre was a second round pick who threw 5 passes for atlanta. The Packers gave the falcons a 1st round pick to get him. Not even close to either of the situations being discussed here

Farve partied in Buckhead almost nightly and was basically 3rd on the depth chart after being lost in the playbook and hung over at practice constantly.  He was so bad the team opted to let him go for a player never to be heard from again.  If Farve hadn't been sent to Green Bay you may have never heard from him based on life style choices.  Most don't know this but it's true that's why they moved him after one year.  Just some little known FYI.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farve partied in Buckhead almost nightly and was basically 3rd on the depth chart after being lost in the playbook and hung over at practice constantly. He was so bad the team opted to let him go for a player never to be heard from again. If Farve hadn't been sent to Green Bay you may have never heard from him based on life style choices. Most don't know this but it's true that's why they moved him after one year. Just some little known FYI.

They didn't let him go for a player never to be heard from again. The Packers traded a 1st round pick for him

it's pretty clear you and AM still think RG3 and Sanchez aren't busts when it's quite simple they both are then you tried to call Carter a bust when he was taken in the damn supplemental draft lol sorry but when you were a to 5 pick and are now a career backup that's called a BUST

No. Try again. You clearly didn't read a single thing in this thread or you lack perspective completely. I can't say I'm not surprised.

No. Try again. You clearly didn't read a single thing in this thread or you lack perspective completely. I can't say I'm not surprised.

except the ones your arguing with are liking and quoting me your right tho idk lol whatever dude your wrong you don't have a damn clue what a bust is move on you lose this time

except the ones your arguing with are liking and quoting me your right tho idk lol whatever dude your wrong you don't have a damn clue what a bust is move on you lose this time

Of course they're liking what you have to say bc they're as clueless as you are. I guess likes makes you automatically right, right? They get off at bad news concerning RG but that's another story for another thread. Continue wallowing in your inferiority complex, I'm done with this topic.

Yet probably still the right move. The cynic in me wonders if Gruden put RG3 out there in preseason hoping he'd get injured. Superman will correct me I'm sure but didn't they just redo his contract which previously was guaranteed for injury.

That's not a bad theory really. Seems they have it out for punishing RGIII. 

I don't know what their goal is, if they plan on drafting a new QB in the future or what, but it's like ground hog day with Washington and their QB problems. Seems they've been searching for a new QB ever since Synder bought the team back in the 90's. 

Bob would get killed in Arians offense. Lots of 7 step drops. Plus, he would have to read a defense, which he has struggled mightily with

You make a good point. I thought about that afterwards. Still, Griffin needs to get out of DC if he is too have any success. That team is the epitome of dysfunction -- from owner to team president Bruce Allen to the head coach. Hopefully the new GM can bring some positive change but he too comes with baggage.

It is just a mess there. It also does not help that Griffin appears a bit too self-absorbed and seems to lack leadership skills. The team needs a complete overhaul.

That's not a bad theory really. Seems they have it out for punishing RGIII. 

I don't know what their goal is, if they plan on drafting a new QB in the future or what, but it's like ground hog day with Washington and their QB problems. Seems they've been searching for a new QB ever since Synder bought the team back in the 90's.

I am not a fan of how RG3 does things, but IMO he has mishandled. Snyder has mishandled the running of the team, he has been incapable, so far, of building a winning organization.

Sure am glad the Colts picked Luck and not RG3.

No matter what Irsay spins, no one in their right minds wouldn't have picked Luck and Manning over RG3 and Leaf. They were easy picks. I'm more impressed with Colt wide receiver draft picks over the years. The Ravens are terrible in that category.

You make a good point. I thought about that afterwards. Still, Griffin needs to get out of DC if he is too have any success. That team is the epitome of dysfunction -- from owner to team president Bruce Allen to the head coach. Hopefully the new GM can bring some positive change but he too comes with baggage.

It is just a mess there. It also does not help that Griffin appears a bit too self-absorbed and seems to lack leadership skills. The team needs a complete overhaul.

Maybe the fact that Washington has limited RG3 to 1 disaster a week after declaring himself the best QB on the team and best in the league will help they situation. I guess they just don't agree with the portion of this board that says this is a "normal" thing for an NFL QB to spit out. This is according to Joe Theismann , who's pretty well respected. He thought , again siding with Colt fans , this is not something your QB does. 

He doesn't play or work for Indy right ? 

Everybody always wants a source. Just click on the video in this link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000517632/article/rgiii-situation-a-case-of-bad-communication-not-a-conspiracy

The whole redskins franchise is in such disarray. Rg3 and the coaching staff will probably be gone after the season. A total dumpster fire.

No joke. Now the Redskins football people are ready to move on from RG3 but ownership is not. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13546500/washington-redskins-consider-moving-robert-griffin-iii

Dumpster fire is an understatement. 

:Nuke:

Just for you my friend .  Yeah... it's just a concussion . Management loves this guy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13546500/washington-redskins-consider-moving-robert-griffin-iii

This is the part that is baffling. If they didn't want him then why on earth did they pick up the 5th year option on him? This is why I say the Redskins are the very definition of dysfunctional. They may have actually taken over the Jets which is hard to do.

I am sure Griffin is praying they cut him loose.

This is the part that is baffling. If they didn't want him then why on earth did they pick up the 5th year option on him? This is why I say the Redskins are the very definition of dysfunctional. They may have actually taken over the Jets which is hard to do.

Highly doubt that. He isn't getting 16 million a year anywhere else

It was ownership that refused to give up on him. The 5th year option was indeed stupid , but it was "insurance" in the event that he suddenly became a QB that could actually play the NFL game from the pocket. The only way doing the 5th year option could hurt the skins is if he sustains an injury that lasts into the 2016 league year date. 

Speaking civil and not trying to say I'm right and your wrong .. here's for what it's worth ... here's how I see it. Unless sender intervenes , Cousins will keep the job if he plays decently and naturally has to stay healthy. The skins won't want to risk him getting injured and having to ay that 16 plus mill next year. It's even possible they just cut him this year , but that would be crazy as his salary is guaranteed. But .. then again .. if they really feel he's not throe guy , it's probably is best to try to trade him (6th or 7th rounder is worth) and move on. What's the point of using a roster spot on him if you fell you don't want him in 2016 for 16 mill ? If you know at this pout you don't ... you can't risk playing him. That's my feeling on his future in Washington as we speak.

As for was Washington dysfunctional like you say ? I guess you could defend their decision a bit by saying it's possible "the light could have come on " for him during this training camp. Pretty unlikely and I agree with you that it was stupid to use the 5th year option. Their now in the situation that was most likely . The one that pretty much prohibits them from playing him if he looks the same as he did last year. So , INO , they should have declined it and if he proved to be the guy , they mend ways and over pay him a bit to resign him. They also , IMO , should have drafted a QB if they were going to go the route they appear to be going.

That all said is assuming what appears to be happening actually is happening. If this is just a concussion and Wash is waiting for him to get cleared and return to the starting role ... then what I have is mostly wrong. I don't think it's the case but it's possible. 

Hard to say on that one. If he's feeling that Washington is not going to play him for the purpose of not risking injury , then he probably would welcome a trade. 

It was ownership that refused to give up on him. The 5th year option was indeed stupid , but it was "insurance" in the event that he suddenly became a QB that could actually play the NFL game from the pocket. The only way doing the 5th year option could hurt the skins is if he sustains an injury that lasts into the 2016 league year date. 

Speaking civil and not trying to say I'm right and your wrong .. here's for what it's worth ... here's how I see it. Unless sender intervenes , Cousins will keep the job if he plays decently and naturally has to stay healthy. The skins won't want to risk him getting injured and having to ay that 16 plus mill next year. It's even possible they just cut him this year , but that would be crazy as his salary is guaranteed. But .. then again .. if they really feel he's not throe guy , it's probably is best to try to trade him (6th or 7th rounder is worth) and move on. What's the point of using a roster spot on him if you fell you don't want him in 2016 for 16 mill ? If you know at this pout you don't ... you can't risk playing him. That's my feeling on his future in Washington as we speak.

As for was Washington dysfunctional like you say ? I guess you could defend their decision a bit by saying it's possible "the light could have come on " for him during this training camp. Pretty unlikely and I agree with you that it was stupid to use the 5th year option. Their now in the situation that was most likely . The one that pretty much prohibits them from playing him if he looks the same as he did last year. So , INO , they should have declined it and if he proved to be the guy , they mend ways and over pay him a bit to resign him. They also , IMO , should have drafted a QB if they were going to go the route they appear to be going.

That all said is assuming what appears to be happening actually is happening. If this is just a concussion and Wash is waiting for him to get cleared and return to the starting role ... then what I have is mostly wrong. I don't think it's the case but it's possible. 

Yeah, this makes sense. And I have pretty much always agreed with you regarding Griffin going back to last year. We just disagree on how much fault lies with him versus the team the plays for. I think if he can get a fresh start somewhere like Sanchez did even as a back up then he could jump start a new beginning but for sure he needs to mature and improve his game. But with the dysfunction going on in DC, he cannot succeed there. Imagine being him and knowing the coaching staff hates you but mgmt. wants to keep you because they spend so much to get you? That is a ridiculous situation and toxic. I hope they do cut him loose.

You probably already know this,  but the 16 mill doesn't kick in until next year.   

Also,  I believe the money is only guaranteed for injury and not for performance.   

So, I think it's possible for RG3 to be cut or traded.     If I'm wrong on this,  I hope someone else will weigh in.....

You probably already know this, but the 16 mill doesn't kick in until next year.

Also, I believe the money is only guaranteed for injury and not for performance.

So, I think it's possible for RG3 to be cut or traded. If I'm wrong on this, I hope someone else will weigh in.....

What I'm saying is. He would rather stay there at 16 than anywhere else at a fraction of that

Yeah, this makes sense. And I have pretty much always agreed with you regarding Griffin going back to last year. We just disagree on how much fault lies with him versus the team the plays for. I think if he can get a fresh start somewhere like Sanchez did even as a back up then he could jump start a new beginning but for sure he needs to mature and improve his game. But with the dysfunction going on in DC, he cannot succeed there. Imagine being him and knowing the coaching staff hates you but mgmt. wants to keep you because they spend so much to get you? That is a ridiculous situation and toxic. I hope they do cut him loose.

The big question is if he has the work ethic and makeup to be a good NL QB. Yeah... you could be right about Washington and then again maybe it's more RG3 than it is the coaching staff. Can you at least entertain the possibility it could be something like this... Gruden (or Shanahan before him) tries to work on what is said to be horrible footwork. What maybe they got back was attitude ? It kind of fits with a guy saying "i'm the best QB on this team " or "i'm the best QB in the NFL." I know there might be context to that 2nd statement , but your welcome to make a list of the QB's you've heard that from. Even Theiemann came out and said 'You don't say stuff like that ."  BTW... I don't have first hand knowledge but I've read that there are not a lot of better coaches than Shanahan if you were picking one to work with your young QB.

So I guess I'm giving you a maybe on this one . Doesn't help you case a lot to also consider the reports that there are a lot of teammates that don't like him. I'm guessing that this one is a two way street and the question is can this guy succeed and blend in with any team ?

The big question is if he has the work ethic and makeup to be a good NL QB. Yeah... you could be right about Washington and then again maybe it's more RG3 than it is the coaching staff. Can you at least entertain the possibility it could be something like this... Gruden (or Shanahan before him) tries to work on what is said to be horrible footwork. What maybe they got back was attitude ? It kind of fits with a guy saying "i'm the best QB on this team " or "i'm the best QB in the NFL." I know there might be context to that 2nd statement , but your welcome to make a list of the QB's you've heard that from. Even Theiemann came out and said 'You don't say stuff like that ."  BTW... I don't have first hand knowledge but I've read that there are not a lot of better coaches than Shanahan if you were picking one to work with your young QB.

So I guess I'm giving you a maybe on this one . Doesn't help you case a lot to also consider the reports that there are a lot of teammates that don't like him. I'm guessing that this one is a two way street and the question is can this guy succeed and blend in with any team ?

Same things were said about Sanchez. His teammates felt like he did work hard and that mgmt. was protecting him as the franchise guy. And on top he has the butt fumble game attached to him. All I am saying is a player can seem terrible in one place and then start over somewhere else and be better. I don't know if RG can but I am willing to wait and see as the Redskins are a complete joke of an organization.

What I'm saying is. He would rather stay there at 16 than anywhere else at a fraction of that

Oh....   Ok....   sorry, I didn't follow that.

Dollar-wise, I'd agree.     But career-wise,  I'm not so sure RG3 wouldn't like to get the heck out of Dodge and start over somewhere new........    and I think it's going to happen.

Same things were said about Sanchez. His teammates felt like he did work hard and that mgmt. was protecting him as the franchise guy. And on top he has the butt fumble game attached to him. All I am saying is a player can seem terrible in one place and then start over somewhere else and be better. I don't know if RG can but I am willing to wait and see as the Redskins are a complete joke of an organization.

What's with all this Mark Sanchez stuff ? Maybe I'm missing something but his year last year was not Dan Marino like by any means.  Philly went 4-4 with him starting. He had in a very very friendly QB offense 14 TD's and 11 ints. I watched at least 4 of his games and I would say he was Mark Sancehez. Very similar his 2nd ad 3rd years with the Jets.  2010  17 tds  13 ints   2011 26 TDs 18 int.   Yeah he had a bad 2012 and NY drafted a QB in 2012 and moved on. No offense but I don't see what the big "look at Mark Sanchez" deal is. Maybe it was a quiz boy analogy ? That would explain the lack of relevance. 

Look , all we can go by is what we see with our eyes and what we hear is happening behind the scenes . What I see the past 3 years is horrible QB play by RG3. The year he was good involved an offense that cannot be used anymore for reasons we've beat to death and most have accepted. So we know the past 3 years (actually 2 and maybe this pre season ?)  he's been horrible. We also know two coaches removed themselves from him . Reports are the whole organization , coaches , gm and many of the players don't believe in him or don't like him. These are reports , we don't know how true they are but I'm guessing they are pretty accurate . To blame the organization is a reach IMO...

I think above is pretty much true and also fair. Now if you want to say his career is not over and there's a chance he could be better with another team .. that is of coarse true. Usually what you are talking about , if it happens in a "big" way , involves a player that didn't get a chance with his first team. He goes to a different system and gets more of a chance to play and hence a big "break out." I think it's pretty rare for a guy to bust out at QB , move on and be good. Can he be a bottom tier starter or good back up somewhere else ? Yeah possible but that's a bust IMO for a guy you paid 3 1's and a 2 for. Like I said , I really don't see where Mark Sanchez is a better player than he was in years 2 and 3 with the Jets. I look at guys like Couch , A Smith , Leaf , Jamarcus Russell , Vince Young , Blaine Gabbert ,Brady Quinn , Mark Lienhart , Byron Leftwich , David Carr , Andre Ware , Rick Mirer and Joey Harrington. None of these "busts" ever went to other teams and "proved" it was just a change of scenery that was needed. I think we'll see the same for RG3.. But if I'm wrong , I'll be the first to come on and admit it. Some will tap dance around and say things like "a player isn't a bust until he's out of the league." Rather than just annoy that type #@$%@ , I tend to call them out and as a result the board gets cluttered with crap like "I'm calling Bret Favre a bust." Yeah ... thats' correct . By everything I've said in this thread , the guy you give all those likes to stated that what I'm saying. Oh my aching butt....

Now if you want to say his career is not over and there's a chance he could be better with another team .. that is of coarse true.

That has been my main point from the get go.

What I don't understand is why you seem to take such joy in the guys failings. I loathe the Jets as the Pats natural rival but I never hoped for Sanchez to become the focus of butt jokes and am actually happy to see him revive himself somewhat in Philly and away from the dysfunction of the Jets.

What I don't understand is why you seem to take such joy in the guys failings. I loathe the Jets as the Pats natural rival but I never hoped for Sanchez to become the focus of butt jokes and am actually happy to see him revive himself somewhat in Philly and away from the dysfunction of the Jets.

Who are you to say I take joy in him being a bad QB ? Is it part of your "tap dance " to be right ?  Because some talking head said we should have drafted him instead of Luck ? That would give me reason to hope he fails ?  That's a ridiculous assertion. I guess it's your only way to kick and squirm a bit after being dominated by someone that just clobbered you with logic.

Oh... and love your last comeback... "all I'm saying is he might do better with another team." Holy cow ... you could say that about any player that's ever failed in any sport. Anyway .. pretty poor of you and a couple others turning the thread into a child like "you guys just hate RG3 thread." 

Note the "have no interest" line.  Shame on Adam for saying that ... I think he really hates RG 3 .  Also notice Adam says "spoiling RG3." I guess it's just not Colt fans... huh ?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Redskins "front office officials and coaches" want to move on from Robert Griffin III, but are "meeting resistance from team ownership."

It's no secret owner Dan Snyder played a major role in spoiling RG3, resulting in clashes with both the Shanahan and Gruden coaching staffs. It now sounds like GM Scot McCloughan is on board with cutting ties on Griffin, but Snyder isn't letting the move happen. Schefter reports the Skins have gone so far as to shop RG3 on the trade market, "but have found no interest." A split between the Redskins' organization and Griffin seems imminent.
Source: ESPN.com 
Aug 

Note the "have no interest" line. Shame on Adam for saying that ... I think he really hates RG 3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Redskins "front office officials and coaches" want to move on from Robert Griffin III, but are "meeting resistance from team ownership."

It's no secret owner Dan Snyder played a major role in spoiling RG3, resulting in clashes with both the Shanahan and Gruden coaching staffs. It now sounds like GM Scot McCloughan is on board with cutting ties on Griffin, but Snyder isn't letting the move happen. Schefter reports the Skins have gone so far as to shop RG3 on the trade market, "but have found no interest." A split between the Redskins' organization and Griffin seems imminent.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug

I believe the have no interest line why would anyone wanna play him he is to damn injury prone and not really good either

Note the "have no interest" line.  Shame on Adam for saying that ... I think he really hates RG 3 

Source: ESPN.com 
Aug 

Shame on Adam?     He hates RG3?      What are you talking about?    Why shouldn't he say that.

That's what he's being told by his sources.     Why in the world would you think that about Shefter?

He means other teams have shown no interest.

What are you trying to convey ? He says that no teams are iterated in trading for RG3. He also infers that RG3 is a bad actor or not a good teammate . I get this from his statement of "It's no secret owner Dan Snyder played a major role in spoiling RG3,"  

What are you trying to convey ? He says that no teams are iterated in trading for RG3. He also infers that RG3 is a bad actor or not a good teammate . I get this from his statement of "It's no secret owner Dan Snyder played a major role in spoiling RG3,"

I thought you meant that other teams were not interested in RG3. Isn't that what you meant? If I am wrong, I apologize. However, perhaps if you paused a moment and read what I wrote without preconceived thoughts, you would realize that I was not trying to convey anything other than what I wrote. That's all.

I thought you meant that other teams were not interested in RG3. Isn't that what you meant? If I am wrong, I apologize. However, perhaps if you paused a moment and read what I wrote without preconceived thoughts, you would realize that I was not trying to convey anything other than what I wrote. That's all.

What I was asking is how does your reply "fit" with what Colts fan posted. Reading over his and your reply , I think I see. You were thinking that he was saying that A.S. had no interest in RG3.  You were correcting him by saying A.S. said no tens were interested in making such a trade. I'm not sure if he meant that (if you read his post right before that)  , but I understand what you were saying and it makes sense to me now.

oh.. and no.. you were not wrong.

Go after these Colt fans here to for being haters... LOL    BTW... I thought you how to search posts , so how about you back up your insulting nonsense that I am "taking joy" in his failings. Let's see you find something unfounded , unfair , hateful ... anything at all to back up that nasty remark. 

http://www.hailredsk...ead.php?t=56203

http://www.hailredsk...ead.php?t=56203

No.  An independent NFL neurologist cleared him and then uncleared him after consulting with another independent doctor.  This was actually a league thing and not a Redskins thing (for once).. unless you're big on behind closed doors, jet fuel can't melt steel beams level conspiracies.

Hi! How have you been? Nice to see you posting. I thought you may have left the board. How do you feel about the Redskins overall this season aside from what is going on at QB? Do you like Gruden?

No matter what Irsay spins, no one in their right minds wouldn't have picked Luck and Manning over RG3 and Leaf. They were easy picks. I'm more impressed with Colt wide receiver draft picks over the years. The Ravens are terrible in that category.

Speaking of wide receivers, I have been meaning to ask you what you think of Stefon Diggs who is from your neck of the woods. Vikings brass and the fans are pretty high on him.