Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Calls Fumble His Fault

mattceinicram

See, I don't believe he's elite. Yet. I dont think elite qbs lose gms like he's lost the past 3yrs. Horrible blowouts. An elite qb is like a dominant scorer in the nba, they always keep u in gms. I would not call Andrew a top 5 qb at this point in his career.

If you don't believe Luck is elite then your football IQ is lacking. I guess the football experts are all wrong? Name me one announcer or analyst who don't think Luck is elite? You think Luck plays defense also? Just to clear something up you apparently don't know is football is a team sport.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dwell on the negative because those are things that I would like to see addressed. What fun would it be to just say everyone is awesome and then lose by 30 to NE again? Lets talk about the negative in hopes it will be addressed and we can become a better team.

Im impressed at Grigson's ability to draft wrs. But astonished at how poorly he's put together the oline. Which is the position u would think would be his expertise. Im going to dwell on that rather than the wrs because we cant run the ball in january.

I like TY Hilton and Im impressed at his growth as a player. I'd trade him tomorrow for a beast at guard and center if I could.

That's why you have no clue on what a GM's job is and how to do it. You need to freshen up on your football knowledge before making yourself look silly when you do make comments. Sorry, I just have to say what most of us are thinking.

Mariota's arm strength is on par w/ RG3 and we know RG3 had a better arm than Luck coming into the league.

When Mariota decides to let it rip, his velocity eclipses Luck's. Anyone w/ eyes can see this.

And Tim Tebow is more spiritual than Andrew Luck. Just what has all this arm strength stuff got to do with the price of fish? All your posts are bouncing right off that face mask of yours. Time to be released I think....

That's why you have no clue on what a GM's job is and how to do it. You need to freshen up on your football knowledge before making yourself look silly when you do make comments. Sorry, I just have to say what most of us are thinking.

U know who values olinemen over diminutive wrs? Every gm that has won a super bowl. I'd be an awesome gm.

And Tim Tebow is more spiritual than Andrew Luck. Just what has all this arm strength stuff got to do with the price of fish? All your posts are bouncing right off that face mask of yours. Time to be released I think....

Thanks for paying attention. Others brought up an arm strength comment I made in another thread, I was just defending it.

"I'm disappointed in myself for that fumble to start the second half"- Andrew Luck

Later in that interview he once again confirms he is taking credit for the fumble.

I love the leadership Luck shows here by looking what he could do better even though or would be very easy to call that fumble Robinson's fault. Luck has never once blamed another teammate for anything. That's not the case for all NFL quarterbacks.

The replay looked like it was placed in the numbers of Robinson, but kudos to him

for taking the heat off of a rookie.

What statement do u take issue w/? Even Luck said he made bad throws last night.

Lack of arm strength for one.

Every Qb makes bad throws during a game.

Now if you could keep your bad post count below Luck's number of bad throws, that would be terrific.

Lack of arm strength for one.

Every Qb makes bad throws during a game.

Now if you could keep your bad post count below Luck's number of bad throws, that would be terrific.

Yeah I have to agree, every QB does make some bad throws on a per game basis, especially against the Rams D.  I'm sure Luck takes it harder on himself then us as fans do.

See, I don't believe he's elite. Yet. I dont think elite qbs lose gms like he's lost the past 3yrs. Horrible blowouts. An elite qb is like a dominant scorer in the nba, they always keep u in gms. I would not call Andrew a top 5 qb at this point in his career.

Really??  Tom Brady didn't get blown out by the KC chiefs last year??  I believe the score was 41 to 14.  Or is Tom Brady not elite?

What about Manning?  He got smoked in the SB against the seahawks a couple years ago.  Do you remember that game as a totally lopsided victory by the seahawks or do I have to look up the score?

Last year Green Bay lost to the Saints 44 to 23. 

The year before that they lost to the Lions 40 to 10.

And if none of those 3 guys are elite QB's in your mind then I give up because you clearly aren't living in reality.

Yes, Luck loses some games, and he gets blown out in some games.  But here is the thing. . . it happens to even the best quarterbacks.  And yes Luck makes some bad, bone headed throws that get picked off. . . but again it happens to every quarterback. 

Luck is easily top 5 at his position.  If Luck went FA right now he'd easily be the highest paid player in the NFL. . . and that doesn't just happen because people think you just have potential. . . especially not after year 3.  You have to show stuff for that.  It's because every GM for every team knows Luck is top 5 and is 26 years old meaning he has at about 10 years before he's at much risk of decline.

He's elite. . . but elite doesn't mean perfect and elite doesn't mean "never has terrible games" or anything like that. 

Really?? Tom Brady didn't get blown out by the KC chiefs last year?? I believe the score was 41 to 14. Or is Tom Brady not elite?

What about Manning? He got smoked in the SB against the seahawks a couple years ago. Do you remember that game as a totally lopsided victory by the seahawks or do I have to look up the score?

Last year Green Bay lost to the Saints 44 to 23.

The year before that they lost to the Lions 40 to 10.

And if none of those 3 guys are elite QB's in your mind then I give up because you clearly aren't living in reality.

Yes, Luck loses some games, and he gets blown out in some games. But here is the thing. . . it happens to even the best quarterbacks. And yes Luck makes some bad, bone headed throws that get picked off. . . but again it happens to every quarterback.

Luck is easily top 5 at his position. If Luck went FA right now he'd easily be the highest paid player in the NFL. . . and that doesn't just happen because people think you just have potential. . . especially not after year 3. You have to show stuff for that. It's because every GM for every team knows Luck is top 5 and is 26 years old meaning he has at about 10 years before he's at much risk of decline.

He's elite. . . but elite doesn't mean perfect and elite doesn't mean "never has terrible games" or anything like that.

Tom Brady does not have multiple blowouts in big gms every yr. Top 5?

Rodger

Brady

Brees

Ben

Romo

Luck is not better than any of those qbs, yet

The NFC South has only had one team repeat as division winners and it was the last two years. While it looks horrendous, it's competitive and unpredictable. The AFC South on the other hand, has been an automatic win for the Colts for the past 15 years minus the rare Titans team that went 13-3, and those two Texans teams that won the division. Other than that, it's 6 easy wins a year for them. Trust me, I'd love to get to play Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville twice a year.

Just because your division is competitive between teams that are ALL sub .500 wins, doesn't mean it's the harder division. It just means you all suck equally.

Anyone who doesn't get that Andrew Luck is only going into year four of his career and the fact he is already being compared to Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady, and any other elite QB you can come up with says a lot about Luck and how good he is going to be because he's still developing either doesn't understand football or is just a troll. 

typical luck post game interview

bad protection- my fault

bad coaching- my fault

running back fumbles- my fault

receiver falls down- my fault

receiver runs bad route-my fault

He is a class act man. He knows those guys will get grilled on film day whenever it is there fault, so he defends them from media so they don't have to put up with unnecessary scrutiny like some trolls do on here. As if anything they say holds any water. Luck is amazing and for the love of everything holy moderator accept this post so I can speak freely! It's my first ammendment right! lol  haha

Edited by 21isSuperman

bad protection- my fault

bad coaching- my fault

That's what makes him a good leader but don't worry anytime he takes blame there are enough fans here to let us know it wasn't his fault,

bad protection- my fault

bad coaching- my fault

Typical fan reaction to Luck.

Darn it, he takes responsibility!    He won't tell me who screwed up!    Now I won't know who to blame!!    I need to blame someone -- anyone!      I'm a fan,  it's what I do!!!

How many number 1 picks when 11 games as a rookie when the team was 2-14 the year before?  There were also ALOT of games he's won by himself.  Luck is easily top 5. I'll bet you Mariota doesn't win more than 6 games this year. 

I dwell on the negative because those are things that I would like to see addressed. What fun would it be to just say everyone is awesome and then lose by 30 to NE again? Lets talk about the negative in hopes it will be addressed and we can become a better team.

Im impressed at Grigson's ability to draft wrs. But astonished at how poorly he's put together the oline. Which is the position u would think would be his expertise. Im going to dwell on that rather than the wrs because we cant run the ball in january.

I like TY Hilton and Im impressed at his growth as a player. I'd trade him tomorrow for a beast at guard and center if I could.

Most of the negative things you dwell on are false and have been proven wrong many times.

I need to blame someone -- anyone!      I'm a fan,  it's what I do!!!

i dont need to blame anyone.  i find it somewhat funny that no matter what happens out there luck tells the media it was his fault.  is it a big deal? no of course not, though sometimes i wish they would stop holding press conferences with certain players and coaches since we all know they always say the same thing every single time(cough belichick)

it was always nice to hear from reggie wayne and freeney.  all andrew luck ever says is that he needs to improve lol

Luck won gms vs The Chiefs, Bengals, and 1 legged Peyton.

I don't think there's any shame in losing to Aaron Rodgers @ Lambeau.

how is romo better?  luck has never had a bad season, and has always been among the leage leaders in yards and TDs.  as far as turnovers, well luck has had too many but romo is not exactly mister reliable when it comes to hanging onto the ball himself.

romo has also had a lot of talent around him inclucing the best Oline along with one of the best WRs and a very good, sometimes elite running game.

luck has done more, with less in his short career

luck is more durable, has a better arm and he makes more tough passes under pressure.  he is a far better runner too

I give you credit for staunchly defending your position, even as wrong as it is.

But here is the thing - you don't think Luck is elite?  That is fine and a position that you can defend.  But among the chief reasons you make that claim is just flat wrong - his arm strength is not close to an issue.  Arguing otherwise is just nonsense and makes any other reasonable point you make about him hard to believe.  Say his decision making needs work and that is something even Luck would agree with.  But arm strength - that dog don't hunt.

And the using that one play against Houston as supposed evidence that Romo is better is mind-numbing.  Did you see the throw Luck made against the Bengals - 30+ yards in the air, hitting Moncrief in stride, all while his feet were off the ground.  No better single play in the entire playoffs than that.

Further - minimizing his playoff wins while supporting Romo in a Cowboys' loss is just ridiculous.  And further takes away any solid point you make.  

You post enough contrarian nonsense to give those who believe you are nothing but a troll the ammo to support that belief.