Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good At Rt

lennymoore24

He is still raw, but i really like good at RT. He has great strength and agility.  i hope he can develop fast enough to make Mewhort able to go back to Guard. They must like him as well because he played must of the two games.

Still Raw, and making mental errors though.  Yes, he's obviously gifted. and solid run blocker, but he has had 1 false start in each game so far. And missed on a block that got a QB sacked today. -granted it was the TE's man...but Good had no-one in front of him and should have stepped into him.-

I do hope you are correct in your wishlist though.  Good at RT -after he developes enough-and mewhort beside him could shore up the right side....then we just need to trade 2 so-so centers for 1 adequate one...lol

He is still raw, but i really like good at RT. He has great strength and agility.  i hope he can develop fast enough to make Mewhort able to go back to Guard. They must like him as well because he played must of the two games.

Agreed, he does look fluid. Not sure I trust him yet, but he's getting there.

Good made mental mistakes and a false start true but he appeared to perform no worse than Mewhort and he has 1 whole year under his belt after he too started as a rookie. That RT side looks scary at the moment and if Good can play, let him develop on the job and feed him help at times. It appears if Mewhort is the RT, he too will require some help as well. It's not like Meehort is some grizzled multi season vet.

I'm happy someone noticed GOOD, and started this thread. GOOD, has looked very good at RT. Yes he missed the block that caused the sack, I believe it was a Dline twist between DE and OLB, but He has shown strength to play at NFL level. He stops the bull rush from dlinemen. He anchors well (huge plus) and sets his hips low upon contact. I really hope he picks up the intricacies and details because I like the way he sets his base against power moves. Now he to develop the mental against Dline and OLB stunts (twist, loops). I still wanted us to draft COLLINS, rather he liked it or not.

Good has better feet than any of our tackles except for Castonzo. I think Mewhort will be ok at RT. He had an awful game last night. He acknowledged same. He came into his own at LG by mid year last year. Played a serviceable RT in playoffs. I knew he would struggle. He will get better.

He's played decent against other teams backups and third stringers who are going to be out of football in two weeks. If he went against another teams number ones right now he'd get eaten alive. Maybe one day he will develop into an answer at RT but today is not that day.

our line dosent  look as good as last year to me

That's because Cherilus is gone. Even if Cherilus played as poorly as he did (hurt) last year, it would have probably been as good or better than what we can expect from Mewhort at RT, and that's not to knock Mewhort. I undertsand he's still acclimating to the position, and that will take time. It's a 50/50 proposition. Maybe he'll grow into the position, or maybe be won't. Either way, an O-line with Cherilus at RT and Mewhort at LG would have most certainly been better THIS YEAR than an O-line with Mewhort at RT and Louis at LG, all else the same.

You can fix false starts though. I'm surprised he's performed as well as he has though. Haven't watched the bears game though, it's not on here in Colorado til 5 am haha

Get NFL Game Pass. You can watch any preseason or regular season game from the last 5 years. You also get live preseason games, and can watch regular season games on Sunday once the 4pm games end. Well worth $100. I also like that you can watch a full game in 30min in condensed version. (they show only the plays themselves, not anything in between plays) If you have a Chromecast, you can watch the games on your big screen too.

Also, you can try it free for 7 days.