Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison blah blah blah. Is it WEEK 6 yet?

HORSEPOWER

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow NESN is still around? If Brady is not suspended, Rodney could be right. The catch to that is that 1 insane season under such circumstances could be his final burst followed by the end next season. That's usually how it goes with older quarterbacks and that whole Eye of the Tiger thing. If he is suspended...meh...I look for the whole thing go be anticlimatic besides the week of his return.

...."I'm telling you, this is the best thing that could ever have happened to Tom Brady"

Yes, Rodney, the best thing that could ever have happened to Tom Brady is to get caught lying and cheating, have his legacy smeared with creamy hot poo, and to sit out 4 games. 

Such an advantage, you damn jackaninny. 

...."I'm telling you, this is the best thing that could ever have happened to Tom Brady"

Yes, Rodney, the best thing that could ever have happened to Tom Brady is to get caught lying and cheating, have his legacy smeared with creamy hot poo, and to sit out 4 games. 

I always laugh when he is commentating with coach Dungy. He has a chip on his shoulder and it shows as he disagrees with EVERYTHING coach Dungy says no matter how wrong he may be....lol 

Rodney is the classic case broadcaster who still lives in the past and believes he still actually knows how Tom Brady feels. Fact is Brady is the ultimate competitor. Period. I think coming in as the 4th QB in 2000 and trying to make the team probably had Brady a just a little more fired up than unproven ball deflation after his fourth championship. BUT this type of drivel sells the game and the networks I guess. Last year will have very little to do with this season. Brady will be the same Brady perhaps with a little more fire but that will be more to the first QB with five rings vs. trying to prove anything about ball pressure. lol.

I hate it when somebody tries to find the silver lining in anything and everything. I mean there's absolutely no way to find something good out of this for the Patriots or their fans. Not only is Rodney Harrison a punk, but he's really dumb too. "Oh yeah Brady got caught cheating and then he lied about it but that's good for him and the Pats yeah, it builds character", and its really gonna light a fire under him and he's going to turn it into something good. LOL Yep! Best thing that could have ever happened to him ROD.

haha  So true, Ruk.

They should play the GH theme for this game in Week 6. All this drama, and we have to wait even longer than we do for the start of the season. 

True and in the end we all know week 6 will be more about Blount than Brady ... talk about anticlimactic.

Roidney is probably right.....but his rationale is pathetic.

Let's face it.....Tom Brady had already cultivated not only a chip on his shoulder, but Sequoia National Forest on his shoulder because of the horrible persecution and humiliation he endured being drafted in the 6th round.

Never mind that for whatever reason he couldn't lock down the starting QB job at Michigan, and physically he looked like a debate team member who snuck in to the NFL combine.

But I get the competitive shot in the arm that would give a guy to prove himself...and he is the NFL's all-time draft day steal, and without question a great QB in the G.O.A.T. conversation.

Where I'd draw the line is if Brady is trying to draw motivation or some sort of victim status out of a situation like deflate-gate when everyone on planet earth outside of Matchachoochee knows....that on some level....Tom Brady, his lawyers and the NFLPA are full of crap.

And no courtroom jiujitsu is gonna change that.

True and in the end we all know week 6 will be more about Blount than Brady ... talk about anticlimactic.

Meh, I don't know. Brady is going to be calling quite a few audibles for passes. The guy is going to be out on a mission.

“… I’m telling you: This is the best thing that could have happened to Tom Brady,” former Pro Bowl safety Rodney Harrison told MMQB.com’s Jenny Vrentas. “This will rejuvenate him. The rest of the league better look out. This year, he’s going to make everybody pay for what’s happened.”

I stopped reading the article after this.  Since when did Tom Brady need to be rejuvenated??????????  How is this the best thing that could've happened to him????

The Patriots won the SB last year.  Sometimes I don't know if Harrison knows what he's talking about.  Brady will be the same Brady he's always been, he's been playing with a chip on his shoulder ever since I can remember.

Rodney is the classic case broadcaster who still lives in the past and believes he still actually knows how Tom Brady feels. Fact is Brady is the ultimate competitor. Period. I think coming in as the 4th QB in 2000 and trying to make the team probably had Brady a just a little more fired up than unproven ball deflation after his fourth championship. BUT this type of drivel sells the game and the networks I guess. Last year will have very little to do with this season. Brady will be the same Brady perhaps with a little more fire but that will be more to the first QB with five rings vs. trying to prove anything about ball pressure. lol.

I expect there will be a colts pats rematch in the playoffs once again.

I am planning to be at the LOS for the Patriots game and I expect everyone at the stadium to treat the cheaters they deserve.

I am hoping to be there too.  We try to make a few games a year, and the Colts have never lost a game we've been to. 

Just sayin'    

Rodney Harrison....Rodney Harrison.......oh ya, now I remember that guy. He is guy that lost that Superbowl 

the-catch-eli-manning-to-david-tyree-sup

I was thinking the same thing. He has to be in his glory knowing Pete Carroll/Russell Wilson are bigger goats than him on the biggest stage.

Rodney is the classic case broadcaster who still lives in the past and believes he still actually knows how Tom Brady feels. Fact is Brady is the ultimate competitor. Period. I think coming in as the 4th QB in 2000 and trying to make the team probably had Brady a just a little more fired up than unproven ball deflation after his fourth championship. BUT this type of drivel sells the game and the networks I guess. Last year will have very little to do with this season. Brady will be the same Brady perhaps with a little more fire but that will be more to the first QB with five rings vs. trying to prove anything about ball pressure. lol.

I keep expecting Dungy to say something like cancer is bad and Rodney disagree with him. It is like he thinks he has to disagree all of the time even though a good point may have been made. It really makes for awful TV sometimes.

Funny thing is everyone keeps saying this.  Brady and BB are not the type of people that will throw away gameplans to just prove a point.  More than likely they will just try to run it down our throats all game like they have in the past.  

I hate saying games are must wins that early, but to allow the Pats to come into our house on national TV and beat us would a humbling event for this team.

I keep expecting Dungy to say something like cancer is bad and Rodney disagree with him. It is like he thinks he has to disagree all of the time even though a good point may have been made. It really makes for awful TV sometimes.

Funny thing is everyone keeps saying this.  Brady and BB are not the type of people that will throw away gameplans to just prove a point.  More than likely they will just try to run it down our throats all game like they have in the past.  

I hate saying games are must wins that early, but to allow the Pats to come into our house on national TV and beat us would a humbling event for this team.

Dungy and Rodney are the worst broadcasting duo. Dungy puts you to sleep and Rodney is contentious. I feel bad for Bob Costas most shows.

Funny thing is everyone keeps saying this. Brady and BB are not the type of people that will throw away gameplans to just prove a point. More than likely they will just try to run it down our throats all game like they have in the past.

I would use humiliating

Dungy and Rodney are the worst broadcasting duo. Dungy puts you to sleep and Rodney is contentious. I feel bad for Bob Costas most shows.

Imagine how inspiring Dungy would have been in the locker room. Followed up with Caldwell.

Those Colts team were loaded with crappy coaches.

Imagine how inspiring Dungy would have been in the locker room. Followed up with Caldwell.

Those Colts team were loaded with crappy coaches.

Good coaches are not predicated on being blustery but being good at what they do and Dungy was a top notch coach and will be in the Hall and Caldwell has been successful no matter where he is gone.

Good coaches are not predicated on being blustery but being good at what they do and Dungy was a top notch coach and will be in the Hall and Caldwell has been successful no matter where he is gone.

That is flat out wrong.

That is flat out wrong.

well to be honest  . . .  was on coaching staffs that have done the following:

2009 Head coach colts 14-0, (14-2 overall) AFC champion, SB appearance 

2010 Head coach colts 10-6, with several injuries on the team

2012 QB coach/OC Ravens 10-6, SB champion

2014 Head Coach Lions 11-5, playoff berth, best lion record in 13 years, 2nd best record in 44 years. 

nice 5 year run no?

And to add to the above he was the QB/Assistant coach for the colts 2002-2008.

He wasn't good enough for the team he had. He held them down. If Belichick coached those team, different story.