Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King rankings: Colts #11 (merge)

Detectacon

I don't get the love for Philly. Everyone will get over them when Bradford's injured, or playing poorly and it becomes clear they made several bad decisions in the offseason. I mean you don't give away playmakers like Shady and D-Jax. Or you at least don't loose Maclin if you did inexplicably get rid of D-Jax the year before. LOL. come on man. Then give away a young, proven QB like Foles. Its like here. We don't want a good young QB. Or playmakers around him. We want an Injury prone Sam Bradford. LOL. We'll see where Chip Kelly's at this time next year. I still cant believe what all they've done. Its like you have the pieces for a really good team for several years to come, and you just throw it away. That's what will hurt so bad for Philly fans. When they're starting over knowing they had all the pieces, and that they had the potential to be good for a long time. Its crazy man. Chip Kelly's destroyed that team for the foreseeable future.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King has been covering the NFL for longer than you've been alive.

In fact, he's probably been covering the NFL for nearly as long as your parents have been alive.

Loser is the last word you'd want to put on King.

Do I agree with him?    No, of course not.    I think he's going to regret this ranking. 

But in the Big Picture of things,  I'm glad he did this....   I love bulletin board material that gets my favorite team even more fired up.

Nice post NCF. I always get a visceral reaction when somebody slams the Colts, a band I love, an actor I revere, or a friend of mine. Then, I have to step back, calm down, & remember it's just 1 guy's opinion. 

You're right though. Peter's been around awhile & I don't despise the guy. He probably wrote the article/ ranked the teams in such a way to get a rise out of people & ruffle some feathers.

Cooler heads do prevail. Thanks for the reminder. Yes, placing INDY at #11 does both tick me off & at the same time make my devotion to the blue horseshoe that much deeper & more pronounced. Good point. 

I agree with Colts449 too in the sense that I am bewildered by so much critical acclaim Chip Kelly & the Eagles are generating. Both Chip & forum member BOTT proved me wrong when I didn't think Philly's high tempo offense was going work. Chip is innovative I will admit that, but don't confuse unpredictability with genius. Confusion can be a by product of intelligence yes usually because we want to destroy or discredit what we don't understand, comprehend, or fully embrace yet. 

I just think that simply because you can't figure out Kelly's next move some in the media are trying to classify him as revolutionary in this league which is laughable to me. Get to a SB & then I will call him groundbreaking in his methods, but not as his team stands now no way. 

Colts449 is also right when he questions why Chip disposed of so much premier athletic talent. You can't win down the stretch letting superstar talent go & I'm surprised Chip doesn't take more heat for doing that. 

I don't get the love for Philly. Everyone will get over them when Bradford's injured, or playing poorly and it becomes clear they made several bad decisions in the offseason. I mean you don't give away playmakers like Shady and D-Jax. Or you at least don't loose Maclin if you did inexplicably get rid of D-Jax the year before. LOL. come on man. Then give away a young, proven QB like Foles. Its like here. We don't want a good young QB. Or playmakers around him. We want an Injury prone Sam Bradford. LOL. We'll see where Chip Kelly's at this time next year. I still cant believe what all they've done. Its like you have the pieces for a really good team for several years to come, and you just throw it away. That's what will hurt so bad for Philly fans. When they're starting over knowing they had all the pieces, and that they had the potential to be good for a long time. Its crazy man. Chip Kelly's destroyed that team for the foreseeable future.

Well... then it's Tebow Time! :D

I'll show myself the door...

Well... then it's Tebow Time! :D

I'll show myself the door...

I'm assuming your fine print is "I'll show myself the door" correct? Are you trying to make me go blind ALB? Some of us older forum members don't have perfect 20/20 vision you know. Please remember that.  haha

Don't make me drag out a magnifying glass & then a big stick to hurt you with okay. Just kidding! 

I'm assuming your fine print is "I'll show myself the door" correct? Are you trying to make me go blind ALB? Some of us older forum members don't have perfect 20/20 vision you know. Please remember that. haha

Don't make me drag out a magnifying glass & then a big stick to hurt you with okay. Just kidding!

"Some of us older forum members don't have perfect 20/20 vision you know."

Heck, SW1, I didn't even see the darn thing until you mentioned it in your post here, and had to go back to ALB's post and _GET_ a magnifying glass. (that was even with my glasses on, too!)

Mission accomplished, ALB!

haha ... :)

"Some of us older forum members don't have perfect 20/20 vision you know."

Heck, SW1, I didn't even see the darn thing until you mentioned it in your post here, and had to go back to ALB's post and _GET_ a magnifying glass. (that was even with my glasses on, too!)

Mission accomplished, ALB!

haha ... :)

ALB's probably thinking "Gee, you fellas need to get out more & have laser surgery on your eyes." LOL! I typed out the fine print so nobody was mandated to get a magnifying glass buddy. I applaud you going the extra mile though CS.  :hat:

Alright back on topic...

1) Seattle

2) Green Bay

3) Patriots (till we even come close to beating them, this will not change)

4) Indy

5) Broncos

6) Cowboys

7) Ravens

8) Steelers

9) Cardinals

10) Eagles

Call me what you want, but I'll never put the Pats ahead of Indy!

If we go 1-15 as long as that one win is against the pats, I'm happy!

I understand your logic, but I disagree. I think we're better than them. Look at what all they lost. Especially in their secondary, and look at what we've added to our offense. Yeah BB's the best coach in the game, and he's always gonna have a brilliant game plan, but I still think we're the better team right now.

The last four games have not been about the skill positions or the QBs for that matter. All of them have been decided up front on both lines. The Pats improved up front on both sides, especially the front seven of the defense. While you did add more weapons, we will see if Luck has time to find them. And we will also see if you can stop our run game that has dominated the last two match ups.

Rankings do not dictate how the team plays during the season. I remember when some so called experts had the colts only winning 7 or 8 games the last three years and the colts proved them wrong each year. I don't look at rankings until half way through the season. 

There not the number 1 team in the AFC. But just like Flacco there way over rated again. Why because the Patriots were flat against them so now there a great team.

For some reason he's high on the Ravens. It could be due to the fact that they gave the Patriots a handful in the playoffs last year and maybe he believes they improved while the Patriots took a step back.

But to even have them ahead of teams such as Dallas, Seattle and Green Bay blows my mind.

I don't get the love for Philly. Everyone will get over them when Bradford's injured, or playing poorly and it becomes clear they made several bad decisions in the offseason. I mean you don't give away playmakers like Shady and D-Jax. Or you at least don't loose Maclin if you did inexplicably get rid of D-Jax the year before. LOL. come on man. Then give away a young, proven QB like Foles. Its like here. We don't want a good young QB. Or playmakers around him. We want an Injury prone Sam Bradford. LOL. We'll see where Chip Kelly's at this time next year. I still cant believe what all they've done. Its like you have the pieces for a really good team for several years to come, and you just throw it away. That's what will hurt so bad for Philly fans. When they're starting over knowing they had all the pieces, and that they had the potential to be good for a long time. Its crazy man. Chip Kelly's destroyed that team for the foreseeable future.

If Philly can get a healthy Sam Bradford they're going to be a tough team. They improved their defense. They have a quality offemwive line, runnung back, two good tight ends, and good quality receivers.

But I still have Dallas ahead of them in the East.

Call me what you want, but I'll never put the Pats ahead of Indy!

If we go 1-15 as long as that one win is against the pats, I'm happy!

I hope you're kidding..

I rather go 15-1 and have that one loss to the Patriots, snatch home field advantage and watch the Colts make a legit SB run.

I think Philadelphia (along with NYJ and Buffalo) will be maybe the most intriguing team to watch in '15.

The personnel moves seem lunatic at first, but at second glance, D-Jax and Shady were crybabies and locker room cancers, so in the Eagles' eyes, addition by subtraction. They tried to keep Maclin but got outbid by KC, and Nick Foles is hot garbage. As for Bradford, he was only injured so often because his offensive line was a huge mess in St. Louis. When he had decent protection there, he played well. Not to mention with all the moves they've made, their defense has significantly improved, and they got DeMarco Murray.

Plus let's not forget that Kelly tried REAL hard to trade up for Mariotta, but Tennessee just wasn't interested. I see this team going 10-6 again, but getting in on a wild card. And if they're able to go in and win a playoff game, this season will be a huge success for them.

Vegas is the best list to go by. Last I checked I think they had it Seattle, Green Bay, New England, and then Colts to win the SB. Colts and Pats may have traded places after Brady's suspension though

Vegas is the best list to go by. Last I checked I think they had it Seattle, Green Bay, New England, and then Colts to win the SB. Colts and Pats may have traded places after Brady's suspension though

Vegas is less likely to be influenced by sentiment, and they usually know who will be good and who will be bad, but they miss, too. September of last year, they had the Niners at 6:1, best in the league. The Lions and Colts were tied with the Dolphins and Vikings at 16th, 40:1. The Falcons were 12:1, the Texans were 16:1, the Bills were 150:1, the Ravens and Steelers were 28:1. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23465056/super-bowl-odds-who-are-vegasstyle-super-bowl-sleepers

Moral of the story is that no one really knows what's going to happen at this time of year (or any time of year, really). I just wish I didn't have to be subjected to nonsense like 'they'll just find a way' as the explanation for why a team is the best in the league, especially from smart people who ought to know better.

Baltimore as the #1 team in the AFC.. Maybe.

But to have them as the best team in the NFL is just mind boggling.

Eh, It's still mind boggling to have Baltimore at #1 in the AFC lol  It's even more of a head scratcher with KC and Minnesota ranked as high as he put them.  I think Peter King needs to put the pen down and quit writing, because anyone on this forum can do just as good of a job.  All it takes is an opinion!!

1) Seattle

2) Green Bay

3) Patriots (till we even come close to beating them, this will not change)

4) Indy

5) Broncos

6) Cowboys

7) Ravens

8) Steelers

9) Cardinals

10) Eagles

i think this is actually really good, much better than that peter king garbage.  the colts are better than the ravens for starters.  patriot fans wont see it that way but its true.(its not all about comparing oneself to new england)

i might bump dallas up a spot or two and move us and the broncos down a little.  not that im nit picking you, our rankings are worth just as much as the "experts"

Vegas is less likely to be influenced by sentiment, and they usually know who will be good and who will be bad, but they miss, too. September of last year, they had the Niners at 6:1, best in the league. The Lions and Colts were tied with the Dolphins and Vikings at 16th, 40:1. The Falcons were 12:1, the Texans were 16:1, the Bills were 150:1, the Ravens and Steelers were 28:1. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23465056/super-bowl-odds-who-are-vegasstyle-super-bowl-sleepers

Moral of the story is that no one really knows what's going to happen at this time of year (or any time of year, really). I just wish I didn't have to be subjected to nonsense like 'they'll just find a way' as the explanation for why a team is the best in the league, especially from smart people who ought to know better.

You're right. Most predictions dont carry very much validity when it comes down to it. It is not a science. Reitterating what you said, at this time of year there are so many things that can happen. I dont think the rumors of the mounting tension between Harbaugh and the FO had emerged yet, there's injuries, scandals that can occur, etc. 

However, Vegas in my opinion is ussually pretty close. Their odds change daily. They seem to be privy to a lot of information that even these sports journalists dont know about. At the end of the day, they are making so much money out there that they have to be doing something right. During the season their odds and spreads become a lot more accurate. 

I spent a few weeks out there screwin around and the odds for Golden State to win the finals are astronimcally high. It was like 10:17 right before their series with the Rockets, as opposed to 5:1 Cleveland. We will see how accurate that is.

i think this is actually really good, much better than that peter king garbage. the colts are better than the ravens for starters. patriot fans wont see it that way but its true.(its not all about comparing oneself to new england)

i might bump dallas up a spot or two and move us and the broncos down a little. not that im nit picking you, our rankings are worth just as much as the "experts"

I guess you could do that. However, I think that their loss of Demarco will hurt them quite a bit. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Romo can play at an elite level without Demarco, or if the Cowboys' o-line truly can make any runningback great.

I like the moves the Ravens have made, they should be better than last year, but they have a brutal schedule which means road playoff games yet again. Nice of Peter King to put us at 1, but it means nothing.

why do you say they should be better than last year?

I like the moves the Ravens have made, they should be better than last year, but they have a brutal schedule which means road playoff games yet again. Nice of Peter King to put us at 1, but it means nothing.

How come Harbaugh has been on the rampage lately defending Flacco? Is the local media harping on him not being elite again?

How come Harbaugh has been on the rampage lately defending Flacco? Is the local media harping on him not being elite again?

I don't know. He was kind of hard on the media , but you know the media is going to ask those kind of questions. He sort of went " Billick" on them. I think he's just tired of hearing the question. It doesn't bother me, I like Joe, and the job he has done in Baltimore. 

I don't know. He was kind of hard on the media , but you know the media is going to ask those kind of questions. He sort of went " Billick" on them. I think he's just tired of hearing the question. It doesn't bother me, I like Joe, and the job he has done in Baltimore. 

Yeah, it would seem he would just side step it at this point. Joe has more than proven himself. Not every Qb is Rodgers or Brady but not every QB needs to be either for the team to be successful. The Ravens are a great example of that.

Yeah, it would seem he would just side step it at this point. Joe has more than proven himself. Not every Qb is Rodgers or Brady but not every QB needs to be either for the team to be successful. The Ravens are a great example of that.

I would have side stepped it. I mean, who really cares if Joe is elite, or not. He wins a lot, and keeps the Ravens competitive. Hopefully, they will restructure his contract for the long term, and there is every indication this will happen. 

I would have side stepped it. I mean, who really cares if Joe is elite, or not. He wins a lot, and keeps the Ravens competitive. Hopefully, they will restructure his contract for the long term, and there is every indication this will happen. 

I really never got the whole Joe Flacco hate.  He's always been a solid, tough guy, kind of representative of the entire Ravens team.  If the Ravens had gotten Steve Smith from his heyday, we would see a pretty scary team.

I really never got the whole Joe Flacco hate.  He's always been a solid, tough guy, kind of representative of the entire Ravens team.  If the Ravens had gotten Steve Smith from his heyday, we would see a pretty scary team.

I don't think the hate started until the media started pushing the elite label out there a lot when it came to Flacco because of a 4 game stretch that led to a SB that quite honestly has been proven to be out of the normal for him, He has always been solid but outside of that unusual four game stretch(for him) he has never put up the elite numbers and only has 25 or more TD's twice in his career and never more then 27, As you say Flacco is solid and its possible he could put up elite numbers, Cant fault him because the Ravens have a balanced team and a team like the Colts have not to this point so Luck has had to put up elite numbers to keep the team competitive against most teams

I don't think the hate started until the media started pushing the elite label out there a lot when it came to Flacco because of a 4 game stretch that led to a SB that quite honestly has been proven to be out of the normal for him, He has always been solid but outside of that unusual four game stretch(for him) he has never put up the elite numbers and only has 25 or more TD's twice in his career and never more then 27, As you say Flacco is solid and its possible he could put up elite numbers, Cant fault him because the Ravens have a balanced team and a team like the Colts have not to this point so Luck has had to put up elite numbers to keep the team competitive against most teams

Just my opinion, but as fans, I think we will all take Super Bowl wins over elite labels. The Ravens and Colts have top quarterbacks fully capable of winning it all, and that's a lot better than most NFL teams.