Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The management

basspapaw

Well, I dont see how the colts helped themselves with there first round pick , I really dont care about best available player or any of that stuff, Example, if my car already has a battery I dont buy another one just like the proven one I already have. Especially if i need tires on my car. I buy tires. We needed a stud on the

defensive line and the oline,  The colts always had lots of scoring chances they just couldnt keep the other teams from scoring. I wish the coaches and management really wanted to win a superbowl, its  obvious they dont know what there doing( playing Trent most of the year) or they dont want to win. I cant help but wonder if its wwf(wrestling) where its pre determined who wins. I cant be the only one who sees it this way, Wouldnt it be cool if the fans got to chose the coaches in a draft style process. Had to get it out, 

would like to hear why I am wrong, or some proof that I am.  

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you got that out, a couple days late though.

First pick was fine. My mind was blown yes but One guy wasn't going to change out defense. They ended up finding two defensive lineman that were both good players at Stanford who fit the scheme well and for the Colts FO that is great.

I agree that the FO continues to disregard the offensive line and defensive line trouble to a certain extent. With offense they have an excuse that the players are young. With defense they have brought in players but they are over paying these guys who aren't dominant game changers decent money.

As of now I do believe our D line improved just not by a ton as some would expect.

If the Colts can score 30+ a game we will be alright.

Also the first pick as long as he stays healthy will actually really help the offense out. No we didn't need offensive help but it just makes the offesnive even more dangerous. It's also not like the Colts never have injuries. He will be wanted/needed at some point. He can also help in the return game possibly which really shifted the AFC Championship game in NE favor.

He's a WR first and a return man second who by online articles wasn't going to get past the first round becuase the "Texans were trying to get him by a trade with the Pats for the last pick in the first round."

and gonna go out on a limb here and say that I believe the colts know more about what they need and want more than me and ANYone else on this forum. The offense is going to better this season than any we have had in the last 10 seasons or more. We can't stop the run,true.But can our opponents stop us? With the receiving corps (top 1 or 2 ) we have now the defensive  linebackers and safeties will not be able to hang around the line of scrimmage as much as last season and with Gore and Ballard running the ball it  will be hard to stop our rushing game also without the defense stacked up front.And our allstar DE will back this year after missing ALL of last season.   

First pick was fine. My mind was blown yes but One guy wasn't going to change out defense. They ended up finding two defensive lineman that were both good players at Stanford who fit the scheme well and for the Colts FO that is great.

I agree that the FO continues to disregard the offensive line and defensive line trouble to a certain extent. With offense they have an excuse that the players are young. With defense they have brought in players but they are over paying these guys who aren't dominant game changers decent money.

As of now I do believe our D line improved just not by a ton as some would expect.

Also the first pick as long as he stays healthy will actually really help the offense out. No we didn't need offensive help but it just makes the offesnive even more dangerous. It's also not like the Colts never have injuries. He will be wanted/needed at some point. He can also help in the return game possibly which really shifted the AFC Championship game in NE favor.

He's a WR first and a return man second who by online articles wasn't going to get past the first round becuase the "Texans were trying to get him by a trade with the Pats for the last pick in the first round."

It just seems like the fo is not 100 percent interested in winning , Its not just the draft but the on field decisions , if the Horrible play calls continue andrew wont make it another year, If everyone knows your going to throw the ball it makes it a lot easier to defend. In the same instance they are predictable on run downs, The only difference is maybe gore gets 4.0 yards on first down instead of  just making it back to the line of scrimmage. I do think they improved some but not where it was needed most.

and gonna go out on a limb here and say that I believe the colts know more about what they need and want more than me and ANYone else on this forum. The offense is going to better this season than any we have had in the last 10 seasons or more. We can't stop the run,true.But can our opponents stop us? With the receiving corps (top 1 or 2 ) we have now the defensive  linebackers and safeties will not be able to hang around the line of scrimmage as much as last season and with Gore and Ballard running the ball it  will be hard to stop our rushing game also without the defense stacked up front.And our allstar DE will back this year after missing ALL of last season.   

This sounds good ,I agree with the what they want part but disagree as to what they needed ,  Could it be that they want high scoring games because it exciting and that is what people pay for, more so than winning? 

It just seems like the fo is not 100 percent interested in winning , Its not just the draft but the on field decisions , if the Horrible play calls continue andrew wont make it another year, If everyone knows your going to throw the ball it makes it a lot easier to defend. In the same instance they are predictable on run downs, The only difference is maybe gore gets 4.0 yards on first down instead of just making it back to the line of scrimmage. I do think they improved some but not where it was needed most.

Lol we added ben heenan and Todd herremans to our O line; along with ulrick John and Cherilus returning and if they can stay healthy. We added 2 great run stuffing lineman in the draft in Parry and Anderson (who I think is a stud, and possible day 1 starter) added Langford as well who is an upgrade over rjf. Added Trent Cole to help with pass rush which was terrible last year and possible return of Mathis. Nate Irving for depth as ILB who could easily be a starter if not for the injury; and drafted Clayton Geathers who imo is the best safety of the class along with signing Dwight lowery who will probably start and if not is a great backup! And I haven't even mentioned Frank gore, which I really don't know if you know how good he is! And drafted Josh Robinson who can be a future starter for us (Mjd clone)....... What else is needed to improve? Trade our whole team for 1 guy named JJ Watt/Suh? See how that works out for you! One guy won't win us the superbowl

Not understanding how you feel they disregard the lines when we made moves for both sides this off season

But I forgot, if we don't sign Suh or Mike Ipati..... it's not good enough for y'all

:scorebad:

:facepalm:

No they did not make the best moves in order to win has nothing to do with Suh or Ipati, They made moves that brings in the most money to the team not to win.

No they did not make the best moves in order to win has nothing to do with Suh or Ipati, They made moves that brings in the most money to the team not to win.

I'm very interested in how Langford, Heenan, and herreman will bring the most money?

" Wouldn't it be cool if the fans got to chose the coaches in a draft style process". I hope you're not serious about this. Us fans have to know our place. We don't have 5% of the football knowledge those guys do and we act like we know everything and can foresee everything. It's pathetic, almost disgusting to see.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 5, 2015 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, May 5, 2015 - inappropriate

You're not supposed to drink the bong water, sir

"Didn't make the best moves"

Translation: Didn't sign Suh

My point exactly

Let's give $80mil to ONE player and not spread that amongst 8 players

Hey guys, my battery is going to cost a ton of money to keep it charged next year. I think I can get a cheap one that may be just as good and last at least three years, just in case I can't keep the old one.

My tires are at least average and they took me pretty far last year. I already got a few retreads and they should be even better.

Think I should get that new battery?

Hey guys, my battery is going to cost a ton of money to keep it charged next year. I think I can get a cheap one that may be just as good and last at least three years, just in case I can't keep the old one.

My tires are at least average and they took me pretty far last year. I already got a few retreads and they should be even better.

Think I should get that new battery?

I would rotate your muffler bearing. See how that works, and if you're still experiencing problems, wash your car and apply a generous coat of wax. 

" Wouldn't it be cool if the fans got to chose the coaches in a draft style process". I hope you're not serious about this. Us fans have to know our place. We don't have 5% of the football knowledge those guys do and we act like we know everything and can foresee everything. It's pathetic, almost disgusting to see.

No i was not serious although when its glaringly obvious that theres a problem most fans would fix it

It just seems like the fo is not 100 percent interested in winning , Its not just the draft but the on field decisions , if the Horrible play calls continue andrew wont make it another year, If everyone knows your going to throw the ball it makes it a lot easier to defend. In the same instance they are predictable on run downs, The only difference is maybe gore gets 4.0 yards on first down instead of  just making it back to the line of scrimmage. I do think they improved some but not where it was needed most.

Congratulations!!

It's May 3 and YOU are the early leader for dumbest comment by a fan!!

And tell him what he's won, Johnny?!?!

Well,   Basspapaw has won a copy of "Football for Dummies!"  

I mean.....   seriously?

If these guys don't win they get FIRED!!

HELLO?!?!

Being in the FO is NOT a 40 hour a week job....    it's 24/7/365....   it's never ending.    And when a year is done,   they start all over again and go 24/7/365 again.     It never stops.    Winning is what drives them,  consumes them,   what they think about when they wake up and when they go to sleep.

It just stuns me when people actually write this.         :facepalm:

P.S. -- One last thought....   this isn't the first time he's said it,  but Irsay said it again this weekend.   That his goal is for the Colts to win at least TWO Super Bowl's during the Andrew Luck era.    Doesn't that sound like a front office that wants to win?!?!

In that statement lies the problem. One guy does not build a defense, neither does one guy build an offense unless he is the QB.

Playoff football lately has been more favorable to contact and less favorable to scoring in the 30s. We did not beat the Broncos 34-23. We beat them 24-13. The further you go into the playoffs, the trench play starts mattering more, especially if a dome team like us does not have home field advantage. Our playoff success will still boil down to opportunistic defense at the very least to minimize opponent scoring in the low 20s.

Dorsett may very well be like Marvin Harrison but coaches like Carroll and Belichick will find a way to neutralize him and T.Y., our D will still need to limit our opponents to give us a fighting chance in the playoffs.

In that statement lies the problem. One guy does not build a defense, neither does one guy build an offense unless he is the QB.

Playoff football lately has been more favorable to contact and less favorable to scoring in the 30s. We did not beat the Broncos 34-23. We beat them 24-13. The further you go into the playoffs, the trench play starts mattering more, especially if a dome team like us does not have home field advantage. Our playoff success will still boil down to opportunistic defense at the very least to minimize opponent scoring in the low 20s.

Dorsett may very well be like Marvin Harrison but coaches like Carroll and Belichick will find a way to neutralize him and T.Y., our D will still need to limit our opponents to give us a fighting chance in the playoffs.

You are correct but dont be alarmed when they start calling you names,   Thank You

Comparing football players to parts of a car just wont work

Are you suggesting over simplified analogies aren't the way to explain a complicated process that has been assessed and evaluated over a period of several months?

But but... Movies tell us it's so?! Why, preventing this Nuclear reactor meltdown is just like peeling a banana Jimmy...

No i was not serious although when its glaringly obvious that theres a problem most fans would fix it

A fan vote is akin to a mob sans pitchforks. A mob's collective intelligence is the inverse square of the number of people in said mob. Or to put it another way, committees make worse decisions the bigger they get.

Basically, with all politeness, it's an awful idea. We really are in the America's next top X-Factor strictly come baking on ice era.

Don't laugh......

I own this book.

....and look at you now. A football mind if ever there was one. OP should invest immediately. Either that or he could buy a copy of Pro Wrestling For Dummies and just forego this whole NFL thing.