Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints are having a fire sale; What would you give up for Cameron Jordan?

That doesn't make any sense. 

Why would a team in cap trouble trade it's best WR in the 3rd year of a 5th round rookie contract ? Had like 63 catches in 85 targets averaging 15 yards a catch. I don't believe for a minute they are shopping him.

If they are really blowing this team up then why did they sign Ingram for 4 yrs/16 Mil? That move is baffling. Also, they've got to trade Brees then right? He's their biggest asset and biggest cap hit. They were close to winning that division and with a QB like Brees they're going to compete year in and year out so why not go for it one more time?

I really like Jordan, and be would be a major upgrade to our defensive front. BUT he was drafted in 2011 thus entering his contract year. He will want to get paid next year, and considering we have to keep Luck, Castonzo, TY, not to mention Allen and/or Fleener, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I mean, wouldn't it basically be a one year rental?

I really like Jordan, and be would be a major upgrade to our defensive front. BUT he was drafted in 2011 thus entering his contract year. He will want to get paid next year, and considering we have to keep Luck, Castonzo, TY, not to mention Allen and/or Fleener, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I mean, wouldn't it basically be a one year rental?

I'd rather have Jordan than Allen+Fleener

If they are really blowing this team up then why did they sign Ingram for 4 yrs/16 Mil? That move is baffling. Also, they've got to trade Brees then right? He's their biggest asset and biggest cap hit. They were close to winning that division and with a QB like Brees they're going to compete year in and year out so why not go for it one more time?

I don't know how much this is affecting things, but it doesn't look pretty behind the scenes either.....

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/documents-show-fracturing-of-family-running-saints-pelicans-031115

We could actually probably realistically get him too. It looks like the Saints are losing their minds so... They're trying to trade a good young WR in Stills, so why not trade all their good young players. LOL. I don't get their plan just like I don't get the Eagles. "Oh, lets trade all our good, young players and just HOPE to be good in a few years"

Sean Payton is going Josh McDaniels on that franchise like Josh did during his brief HC stint with the Broncos.

Why is this Sean Payton's doing? How much of it is Mickey Loomis? At least Payton has a ring and a fat contract. 

Also, perhaps the Bensons are doing this so they can sell the team.

I'll tell ya'll what is going on here, and please keep an open mind.

Payton is essentially the GM. Loomis is the money/cap guy but Payton runs the show when it comes to personnel. What happened with last year's team was some locker room issues. A lot of young players - people think the Saints are an old team but they're really extremely young overall. Veteran leaders, guys like Strief, Brees, Ben Watson, and so on make comments about how there was a sense of entitlement in the locker room, that certain people weren't putting in the work.

I don't know that the Saints are going to be a playoff team, but this isn't a "give up" and it's not all about the salary cap either. If it were he wouldn't be looking to trade a 900-yard, 22-year-old WR making the league minimum. Trading Graham actually cost them a 2.5 million cap hit.

I think (well, I know) that Payton didn't care for the makeup of the locker room, team chemistry or whatever you want to call it. He is trading talent for leadership and veteran know-how - believe it or not, these aren't cap moves, they're football moves.  They've brought in a $5 million center in Unger and a $5 million corner in Browner. Both guys who are known for their leadership. They are going to be a slug-it-out blue collar team next year. That's what Payton did in 2006 when he took over. He was mentored by Parcells, remember.

I don't know that the Saints are going to be a playoff team next year. It's possible though; he built a team almost from scratch in 2006 and they went to the NFC championship game that year. But even if they don't, they're going to be a tough team to play against. Unlike this year's bunch of talented underacheivers.

In regards to the OP, I am not a fan of Cam Jordan. He is kind of lazy. I don't think the Colts need somebody like him around. Akiem Hicks, though, that dude is a beast. If the Saints try to get rid of him there will be teams lining up.

The Seahawks locked up Sherman, Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Bennett, Avril, traded for Jimmy Graham and pay marshawn Lynch 11m per ans still have Wilson to sign. I think the colts can handle Luck, TY, Castonzo and Allen