Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cap space updates (merge / update)

#BringBobBack

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do.

maybe they will but he's the run stopping OLBer they haven't really made a move yet to get another one of those. The only other guy they have that's anything like that is Werner and I am not sure Werner has played well enough to make Walden expendable.

They did keep Cam Johnson but he would have to make a pretty big leap forward to fill Walden's shoes.

I just saw it on Twitter. I can't say. 

If that's correct, we can still sign someone like Pot Roast.  At this point the real positions of need are NT/DT and Safety. 

If we stay at our spot in the draft I'm not sure we can fill them with anyone better than who's on our roster now.

If that's correct, we can still sign someone like Pot Roast.  At this point the real positions of need are NT/DT and Safety. 

If we stay at our spot in the draft I'm not sure we can fill them with anyone better than who's on our roster now.

BJ Raji or Vince Wilfork would be cheaper options.

sportrac has us at $22 mil before factoring adams, andre or langford. That includes setting aside draft pick space.

oh no, so, depending on how much we pay for Andre in the first year (which could be a lot) depends on how that 3/21 works (it won't be 7 million first year BTW), we could be hurting to get our splash guy.  We need D so bad right now, I hope we spend every single remaining million on Defense.  Knighton would be huge but several other guys are becoming available due to cap-top-chop (as I call it) including Randy Starks.

Love these signings but we gave them alittle more than I thought. How much do we have left? Im glad we have plenty for rookie signings too. I always believe we should have leftover just in case we need to sign someone else.

With these free agent signing, how much cap room do we still have?  How much do we need for rookies?  How much may we still shed our selves of?  Bottomline question, how much do we still have available to sign any other free agents?  

Note:

We can release Richardson (3.2 mill), Walden (3.7 mill), and Donald Thomas (3.2 mill) to make some more space. Cutting all three of them would free up cca 10 mill total.

Why would the Colts want to release Walden? And who would replace him that would play as well or better, for less money?

Why would the Colts want to release Walden? And who would replace him that would play as well or better, for less money?

Not saying Walden should be cut but don't you have as OLB 's Cole , Werner , Mathis , Newsome and Waldron ? My question would be if you really needed to replace him ? On the other hand , he not a bad player and 4.25 is not a horrible # for a player of his skills. 

Before counting the Dre, Langford and Adams signings, our cap space on Spotrac was $18,178,511 (including the draft figures). We don’t know the numbers for Langford or Adams yet but say $3M apiece. 18M-13M = 5M. So I think we are done in FA. We can’t cut TRich yet. I don’t see us cutting Walden (4M) or Donald Thomas (3.7M) before training camp. But the signings were so great we can get our DL and S in the draft One of these should fall to Pick 29: Eddie Goldman Florida State 6-4 336/Arik Armstead Oregon 6-7 292/Jordan Phillips Oklahoma 6-5 329. Round 2? Lots of DE/OLB types. Or an offensive tackle? Jaquiski Tartt S would be a great 3rd Round pick. Oh happy day.

Before counting the Dre, Langford and Adams signings, our cap space on Spotrac was $18,178,511 (including the draft figures). We don’t know the numbers for Langford or Adams yet but say $3M apiece. 18M-13M = 5M. So I think we are done in FA. We can’t cut TRich yet. I don’t see us cutting Walden (4M) or Donald Thomas (3.7M) before training camp. But the signings were so great we can get our DL and S in the draft One of these should fall to Pick 29: Eddie Goldman Florida State 6-4 336/Arik Armstead Oregon 6-7 292/Jordan Phillips Oklahoma 6-5 329. Round 2? Lots of DE/OLB types. Or an offensive tackle? Jaquiski Tartt S would be a great 3rd Round pick. Oh happy day.

Langford counts 5 mill against the 2015 cap. We don't know Johnson's yet.. do we ?

Some of you continue to want to beat that dead Walden horse....

He's not getting cut.    

He played really, really, really well for the Colts last year.    2nd on the team in sacks.   He sets the edge opposite our rush OLB.

We're not leaving that position in the hands of Werner.

But,  keep kicking that horse.     He can't die anymore.     You guys killed him a long time ago....