Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cap space updates (merge / update)

#BringBobBack

Don't know if this has been a topic already but with all these killer signings as excited as i am can't help but be curious about how much we have left to sign more.

anybody know where to find updated cap space numbers? or does anyone know how much we have just off the top of their head?

GO COLTS!!! :coltshelmet:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MyColtsAccount: I've got Colts at ~$129.9M cap used, not including Langford/Adams deals. Need ~$2.5M for draft picks. Their 2015 salary cap is $151.86M.

@MyColtsAccount: Not including Langford/Adams, Colts should have JUST under $20M cap available to spend. Cutting Thomas/TRich could add $6.43M.

No way we have even $20M left.

@MyColtsAccount: I've got Colts at ~$129.9M cap used, not including Langford/Adams deals. Need ~$2.5M for draft picks. Their 2015 salary cap is $151.86M.

i knew it wasnt completely up to date, i didnt see cole, langford, adams on there yet. but gore is already added on there.

The only cap figures I know from our signings and acquisitions are Trent Cole at $6m, and Frank Gore at $4.5m. We started the day with under $37m, per OTC. That should take us down to about $26m. Adams, Reitz, Anderson and Langford could easily be $10m combined. And we're probably working on AJ right now. We could be down to around $10m by the end of the night.

Release Cribbs, Richardson and Thomas, and get back $7.5m. Post-June 1 Cherilus, get back $4m.

Still plenty of room and flexibility.

Edit: That $37m doesn't include Butler. I think his 2015 cap hit is $2m. 

The only cap figures I know from our signings and acquisitions are Trent Cole at $6m, and Frank Gore at $4.5m. We started the day with under $37m, per OTC. That should take us down to about $26m. Adams, Reitz, Anderson and Langford could easily be $10m combined. And we're probably working on AJ right now. We could be down to around $10m by the end of the night.

Release Cribbs, Richardson and Thomas, and get back $7.5m. Post-June 1 Cherilus, get back $4m.

Also can extend Castanzo and restructure a couple players (Davis, Mathis) if we have to. We can sign pretty much anyone we want at this point. 

So.....   why are we now citing "over the cap" as the authority on our cap space when ESPN and NFL are reporting we're at $44mil?

Just askin....

As long as we have enough to sign Tashaun Gibson and one of Terrence Knighton or Dan Williams. Those two signings would give us a really good defense.

For whatever it's worth,  I've not seen us linked at all with Dan Williams.    Don't know why not,  but that's what I've seen so far...

Gibson is a WAG.     And Knighton is the only player I've seen us linked with.

Also can extend Castanzo and restructure a couple players (Davis, Mathis) if we have to. We can sign pretty much anyone we want at this point. 

Yeah, Davis is a candidate after how he played last year. No problem prorating his bonus further. He has the highest cap hit on the team right now. I don't know when his roster bonus is due, but if we spread it out, it would save us another $4m this year.

Yeah, Davis is a candidate after how he played last year. No problem prorating his bonus further. He has the highest cap hit on the team right now. I don't know when his roster bonus is due, but if we spread it out, it would save us another $4m this year.

definitely think you are right...Davis has shown he is legit. I think the cuts we make help us sign AJ and leave us room for a budget safety and another legit d tackle.

What's left on Mathis contract? Can't imagine we wouldn't look at that one too since he likely might be seeing his role reduced.

He was restructured in October, I think. Can't touch his contract again for 12 months.

Not knowing the Langford details, here is my calculation (I think it matches well with what overthecap shows us atm).

My calculation (by total available cap space of 143 hard cap + carryover):

- We've had 38.1 mill + 8 mill carryover to start with

- Signed Overton, cca. 1.1 mill

- Signed Butler, cca 2 mill

- Signed Adams, cca 3 mill

- Signed Gore, cca 4.5 mill

- Signed Herremans, cca. 1.8 mill

- Signed Reitz, cca 3 mill

- Signed Cole, cca 8 mill (not sure about this, maybe less)

- Signed Anderson, cca 1 mill

Total hit of new signings so far: 23,4 mill. So we're at 38.1 + 8 - 24.4 = cca. 23 mill. 

Note:

We can release Richardson (3.2 mill), Walden (3.7 mill), and Donald Thomas (3.2 mill) to make some more space. Cutting all three of them would free up cca 10 mill total.

Don't forget, that we will need to save 3-6 mill for the draft and possible/necessary mid season roster movements. (And I don't think we will spend all available money this year. I believe we plan to carry some money over to next year to pay our free agents.)

If we get rid of Trent can't he just file a grievance anyways?? If so how would that impact the current cap situation?

Yeah, I'd expect him to file a grievance if we void his guarantee. If he does, the $3.2m stays in escrow, and we don't get that cap space until the grievance is resolved. So releasing him doesn't change our cap standing right away.

@RavensInsider: Colt Anderson's one-year Colts deal is $825,000, $745,000 salary, $80,000 salary, $100,000 of 2015 salary fully guaranteed

May need adjusted downward for minimum salary benefit. Don't know what his minimum salary is or if the P5 guarantee voids it.

Not knowing the Langford details, here is my calculation (I think it matches well with what overthecap shows us atm).

Total hit of new signings so far: 23,4 mill. So we're at 38.1 + 8 - 24.4 = cca. 23 mill. 

Note:

We can release Richardson (3.2 mill), Walden (3.7 mill), and Donald Thomas (3.2 mill) to make some more space. Cutting all three of them would free up cca 10 mill total.

Don't forget, that we will need to save 3-6 mill for the draft and possible/necessary mid season roster movements. (And I don't think we will spend all available money this year. I believe we plan to carry some money over to next year to pay our free agents.)

I think the money needed for the draft is already calculated into that 40+ figure. So maybe just the money needed for in season moves...

Note:

I don't see them releasing Walden.

Archived